PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanted to Remind Everyone...

LiarCake
10-28-2009, 09:14 AM
The Left 4 Dead 2 demo will feature gameplay taken from "The Parish" campaign, set in the New Orleans French Quarter. Playable by 1 to 4 players over local or Internet connections on both the Xbox 360 and PC (with two-player split screen available on the Xbox 360), the demo features all the new boss infected zombies and all the new melee weapons included in the full product.

Where the hell are our chainsaws, katanas, axes, crowbars, baseball bats, and cricket bats?

/Rant

I would suggest the possibility of some demo-related 'patch' to try and restore the hope that there will be more than four melee weapons in the demo for at least one play-through, but that seems unlikely. The announcement probably meant that PC users can spawn any melee weapon at will, and that they are in the game, just not spawned by the AI director.

Anyways, trying to get past the frustration of this announcement that was a lie, what melee weapon would you have most liked to maim zombies with?

I was really looking forward to the crowbar and the ax.

xRedd13
10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
I agree. I hope they add some demo-patch (like they're doing for the pc demo) which adds all the melee weapons. Or at least the good ones; axe, chainsaw, etc.

spikeyroxas
10-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Axe please
... And i guess i wouldnt mind trying the Csaw

Truplaya
10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
I found the katana on the first level

xRedd13
10-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Are you sure it wasn't a machete?

Truplaya
10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Yep, definately a katana, a lot longer than a machete, think i swopped it for the machete in the end. It was on my first play through and i havent had it since. But then it took me 2 goes before i saw a witch and 4 or 5 before i saw an ak47.

BR5555
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
The Katana is NOT in the demo.

LiarCake
10-28-2009, 10:58 AM
The Katana is NOT in the demo.

Proof please, or stop crapping on our frail hopes for playing through the game and finding something better than a Machete/Guitar/Tonfu/Frying Pan

Devil_Dante
10-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Proof please, or stop crapping on our frail hopes for playing through the game and finding something better than a Machete/Guitar/Tonfu/Frying Pan

How the hell do you prove something is NOT in the game? I'm 100.2% sure that the Katana is NOT in the game, played through it many times, asked friends if they saw it, they all said no.

BR5555
10-28-2009, 04:57 PM

Because if it were there, it would have been found by more than one person who claims they found it.

Similarly there is no God.

mike90t09
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah those are the only 4 melee weapons in the demo and it sucks. How many times do we have to play it until the cool melee weapons show up. I want the Katana for sure, and the bat!

LiarCake
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
How the hell do you prove something is NOT in the game? I'm 100.2% sure that the Katana is NOT in the game, played through it many times, asked friends if they saw it, they all said no.

I suppose that was an unfair request.

Still, are you so thick that you would rather argue about the damn thing not being in the demo than hope that this claim is true, and be able to use the katana?

Because if it were there, it would have been found by more than one person who claims they found it.

Similarly there is no God.

That's somewhat of a leap, but I stand by my previous statement: What if there is a katana in the game--isn't it worth humoring this unlikely claim considering there is a very slim possibility it is true?

I want to use the katana.

BR5555
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
False hope does not make you intelligent.

Devil_Dante
10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I suppose that was an unfair request.

Still, are you thick that you would rather argue about the damn thing not being in the demo than hope that this claim is true, and be able to use the katana?

I really do wish the Katana was in the demo, because it's my favorite melee weapon I've seen, but trying to believe that it's in the demo won't make it happen, and I'm sorry to tell you, but either it's completely NOT in the demo, or the Director doesn't have a set point to spawn it.

LiarCake
10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
False hope does not make you intelligent.

False hope at least clouds the frustrating realization that there is probably not a katana in the Demo.

LiarCake
10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I really do wish the Katana was in the demo, because it's my favorite melee weapon I've seen, but trying to believe that it's in the demo won't make it happen, and I'm sorry to tell you, but either it's completely NOT in the demo, or the Director doesn't have a set point to spawn it.

I'm only trying to believe in the slim chance that there is a set point for it to spawn, just that nobody has found it shy of a few people who thoroughly explored the map.

I know the odds are totally against my attempt, though.

Devil_Dante
10-28-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm only trying to believe in the slim chance that there is a set point for it to spawn, just that nobody has found it shy of a few people who thoroughly explored the map.

I know the odds are totally against my attempt, though.

Well, kudos to you for clinging to hope, I guess..

LiarCake
10-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, kudos to you for clinging to hope, I guess..

I haven't even played the demo 25+ times, though, so I'm probably just warranting the possibility with the fact that I haven't proven the absense of a katana myself yet.

I guess I'm clinging to something like "I have to see it to believe it."

You're probably right, I'll admit.

Devil_Dante
10-28-2009, 05:22 PM
After I got to my like, 6th play-through, I had found everything.

1st play-through: Machete, Frying Pan, Tonfa, Guitar, Bile Bomb, Adrenaline,

2nd play-through: SPAS and SCAR

4th play-through: AK-47 and Defibrillator

6th play-through: Sniper Rifle

LiarCake
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM

By the second playthrough the only thing I hadn't found was the guitar. That, and I hadn't seen any Tanks yet.

BenzoMay
10-28-2009, 05:39 PM

Not found the Desert Eagle yet? Keep on trying, it's there 2/3 times I've played.

itsBATTLESUIT
10-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I can't believe you fools are talking about patching a demo. Why don't you be thankful for what you've got, and that fact that the final product is going to rule?

Devil_Dante
10-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Oops, I forgot that I found the Deagle on my second play-through. and itsBATTLESUIT, they kinda promised ALL melee weapons would be in the demo, not just 4 of them.