PDA

View Full Version : Really enjoyed the demo, now can't wait for the final game!

Bunta
10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Got the demo yesterday for 360 and played for a few hours last night and was blown away.

Graphics seem to be improved over the original, not sure if it is the lighting or character models (or both) but it looks fantastic on my little tv.

The daylight setting is very unnerving, completely lulled me into a false sense of security at one point which ended in a brutal trap set up by a Jockey and Boomer - the AI has a nasty habit of timing it's attacks with the special infected, often pulling the team apart at just the "wrong" moment and then keeping us from rejoining with standard infected.
Really did feel like there was some kind of higher intelligence messing with us!

The new weapons sound brilliant - just wait till you try the frying pan or try to guitar bash a Tank!

A mention must also go to the event music in the game, really up's the ante and tension in places, but also keeps it sinister and silent to unnerve the team. Very impressed all round with the improvements tbh.

I won't spoil it to much but safe to say I can't wait for the final game now. :)

swade9wade
10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I still can't believe on the PC forums that the PC..Elitists are going crazy because they have to wait one more day to fix theirs while we have ours. Just wow.

But hey hearing this I can't wait six more days to get my hands on that demo to have some fun as well.

LocalFiend138
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
The new weapons sound brilliant - just wait till you try the frying pan or try to guitar bash a Tank!
Yeah....So how DID that sound before he smashed you into oblivion?!?!
Haha

Bunta
10-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah....So how DID that sound before he smashed you into oblivion?!?!
Haha

Brilliant, until his fist went through my face! :)

finchi55
10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
YA the demo is amazing im skipping school to play it and im palying it right now it is really fun

Kemdrath
10-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Heh, I tried to take a tank with a guitar. On expert.

"No." he told me.