PDA

View Full Version : Great Game, can highly recommend

paranoidray
10-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm a 30 year old retired quake fan who has 3 daughters.

2 month ago I did some research for a good PC game for
my children. It should focus on wild life animals and
should reward taking care of them and have minigames.

Well there was no game. Only dated and old graphics games...
But some info about a game called World of Zoo.
But that wasn't released yet.

I couldn't believe that there was no game like this for the PC...

Today I saw that the game was finally released and
even for a super fair price ( 30 here ).
I bought it in a heart beat !

The game features all things on my whishlist and more.

My kids are crazy about it !
You could probably lift them up by the PC mouse ;-)

Personally I'm an animation nut and strongly believe in
animation over textures or model details.
( Take a look at Warcraft 3 for a good example )

This game has some of the best animal animation I have ever seen
in a game, its a pleasure for the eyes.

The love for details, animation, art
and intuitive usage shines in all areas !!

One of my daughters is 5 and can't read yet, but she
can play the game just like the older girls.

Well done team, you made me and my children very happy.
10 / 10 stars.

PS: No, I'm not related to BigFangGames :-)
Yes, the game is just that good !

PPS: I'm not sure if it's advertised, but the game is multilingual, german is included for example.

Jay_ombie
11-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Great review.... I prob get it for my daughter..

Fruitbatz
12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Got this for my 9yr old son on the sale & he loves it, hes been on it for hours downloading stuff from their official website aswell for the game.I agree this is one to keep the kids happy.Great value for money if it wasnt for the sale i would still buy this.Hope they make more of these games.

nemesis519
12-31-2009, 04:48 PM
I'll add in a short review since it's on sale for $5 for the next few days.

My niece is 4.5 and she enjoyed playing for a approx. 2 hours while she was visiting here.

Reading isn't required for this game, so that helps out the younger ones in making the game accessible for them. The only things I saw to read were the achievement to-do lists, the quick tutorial help page, and some animal facts (but kids can experiment and fulfill many of the achievements just by playing the game normally).

There's no drawing or complex mouse movements involved in the game, so its good for people that aren't well co-ordinated with the mouse yet. You can take your time as well to perform actions except in a couple of the optional mini-games where there is a countdown.

I would say this game is for kids primarily, but I suppose a really casual game player may derive some enjoyment out of it. It's more of a relaxing, or watch the animals 'do stuff' type game.

For $5 it's pretty good value though; my niece had fun and even though she played for just over 2 hours, she only saw 2 of the animal types, and there looked to be a lot more content in the game that she hasn't explored yet. I definitely would say it's more valuable than a video rental from Blockbuster for the kids.

ADFMuTAnt
07-13-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't know how you can retire from being a Quake fan. I still dream about it.

...yeah. :'(

Holy ♥♥♥♥ am I late or what.

Spykirby
07-13-2010, 08:41 AM
i bought a big pack with lots of war games... and world of zoo...
i wulda liked having another game in the pack :( world of zoo, well it looks nice for children but I'm pretty sure I'm never going to play it ever. If it would be like the zoo tycoon games, I wulda try it, but all the minigames and really not much of a challenge, no thx.

AlphaFox
07-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Its great to see reviews like this for it. I admit that I am a hardcore gamer, right into strategy, RTS and FPS. What ever the game is, ill try it and so I gave World of Zoo a go.

Hearing about the kids who can play this game and what age they are makes me feel really pretty small. I could not figure out how this game works and what to do on it and here we are getting told that 4 year olds are playing it and enjoying it.

I think I have just been put in my place and beaten by the younger generation :(