PDA

View Full Version : Misterious increase in playtime?

.Leo.
11-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I just opened my Steam Profile (http://steamcommunity.com/id/leopoldo), and found something really unexpected: 9.6 hours of Counter-Strike in the past two weeks..
The thing is, it's been months I don't play that game...
Is this some kind of error, or maybe someone got their hands on my account? :eek:

It's quite unlikely to be the latter, since my password is (or was, as I changed it) quite complex to guess; and I didn't give it to anyone, or write it anywhere but the login dialog..
Even my email account is different from the one I give to other people...

I'll have to think this is a matter of Steam / the program files..
I didn't play Counter-Strike, but I did play "Contition zero: Deleted scenes" Maybe it's something on the game failing to fully close its process, thus still registering playtime on Steam as Counter-Strike, until I closed Steam, 9 hours later? When I logged out, I didn't get a dialog telling me to close any game...

Anyway, just in case I changed my password :P

EDIT: I just noticed I should have posted this in "Help and Tips" D: sorry for this

KubanitoS
11-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't think it is a Steam based error. You did the right thing to change your password. Also verify your e-mail adress and perhaps run a full system scan for keyloggers on your PC.