PDA

View Full Version : MW2, Cloud, and Multiple Computers.

ChazFury
11-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Howdy,

I have installed Modern Warfare 2 on my pc at home and at work through Steam. I played multiplayer for a while last night at home and when I went to log in at work I get the following message when I boot up MW2mp:

"Steam was unable to sync your files for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer with the Steam Cloud.

If you have played this game from another computer, your game settings and/or progress may not be in sync with what is stored in the Cloud. If you play the game now, you may lose those changes or progress."

I was under the impression the purpose of Steam Cloud was to store saved game data as well as multiplayer stats so you can play on multiple PCs without having to manually transfer the app data files.

Is something not working properly or is there some kind of option where I have to update my Cloud that I dont know about?

Evolon
11-12-2009, 07:03 PM
gaming @ work.. nice work you have

jmccaskey
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
That error indicates a failure with the cloud trying to sync on your work machine. Cloud uses TCP port 27018 to connect outbound in order to sync down files if they have changed on another machine since you last played. Maybe the port is blocked at work?

ChazFury
11-12-2009, 07:08 PM
That error indicates a failure with the cloud trying to sync on your work machine. Cloud uses TCP port 27018 to connect outbound in order to sync down files if they have changed on another machine since you last played. Maybe the port is blocked at work?

Its most likely blocked...IT and their crazy fire wallness. Is there a way to grab my multiplayer dudes files from home and manually bring him to work?

ChazFury
11-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Also if it wont work and I play with the folks at work over LAN will that override my cloud character?

C12H22O11
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
plz tell me ur job, i wanna be like you :)

ChazFury
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
plz tell me ur job, i wanna be like you :)

Game Developer, we play at lunch and after work. :)

Hawky
11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Its most likely blocked...IT and their crazy fire wallness. Is there a way to grab my multiplayer dudes files from home and manually bring him to work?

Not sure on the exact file name but will be some sort of .cfg file i guess in your Steam/MW2 folder.

s..
03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
"Steam was unable to sync your files for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer with the Steam Cloud"-

I had the same problem, my friend told me to do this...

1: Enter STEAM and right-click MW2 multiplayer and enter properties.
2: Press on; "Local files"
3: Press on; "Verify integrity of game cache..."

then it should load and stuff- after that it should be done.
but this didnt help me because. the server was down :)

so i waited to the next day, and it was all good :)

HarryAK
05-28-2010, 08:28 PM
im having problems myself and i think uninstalling and reinstalling mw2 will fix it but i was wondering if i will lose all of my multiplayer stats.

pinksoda
08-15-2010, 09:39 AM
does any one hae a solution for this i tried verifying it didnt help.