PDA

View Full Version : Last patch broke IWNET.

Dodots
11-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Yesterdays update broke a lot of things, here's a small list:

When joining as a party 99% of the time at least one person will get an error, usually something to do with the game being for low ping players, even though they get green bars and it works fine for them usually.

When joining as a party if the lobbies are merged 99% of the time at least one person will be kicked from the server so we all have to leave and connect again.

Games are currently starting with uneven teams and sometimes games start with even teams but around 10 people wouldn't have actually joined and more people don't join so one team is always stuck with a disadvantage.

Half the time when trying to send party invites to friends it doesn't work for some and works for others.

As for suggestions we really need auto team balance, it's stupid having one team with 9 and the other with 5 all the time. Also it would be nice if the party system was enhanced so friends were never booted out of the game or lobby for any reason, especially when it's me hosting the game.

Dodots
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
It's also taking an extremely long time to find extra players if someone leaves.

LIQUID`
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
yeah waaay more problems after the update, takes long to find a match, keeps resetting the lobby, and ive played 3 games so far with teams of 9v4 6v4 and 6v5 without it ever finding more players

wtf

Danbowski
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
I can't join. It just sits there. Somebody broke something. :/

Dodots
11-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I applaud them for trying to bring out a patch so fast to help fix matchmaking, it's just a shame they didn't execute it too well.

IWnet is a new platform and only 2 days old so I'm understanding for now but I'd certainly love these little things fixed before any other major features are added.

EeekiE
11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
New platform? It's dated. It's failing because of the lower number of players compared to Consoles.
It wouldn't work that brilliantly even if everyone who bought COD4 for PC bought MW2.

Malecite
11-13-2009, 06:13 PM
IN all fairness they predict the PC version will sell over a couple million copies which is still significant, so you would think that wouldn't be an issue.

aznguyen316
11-13-2009, 06:14 PM
I was wondering what the patch did.. did it add the looking for pings > 60ms etc etc counting up.

Dodots
11-13-2009, 06:16 PM
There's more then enough people playing to make it work, it's just not working as advertised right now, when it does it'll be great.

We need a serious patch asap.

LaFotoAsesina
11-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I do not know what it did but now, apart from all the issues mentiones, I CANT join a friend's lobby nor a friend join my lobby. WTF? It was bad enough with the lag and now Im forced to play it alone??? If when you fix something you are going to make it worse, ffs, do not touch it!

DogSoldier
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Ive yet to have an issue with IWNET. No lag, no disconnects. I love how its searching for lower pings now too.

Dodots
11-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Trying playing with friends Dodsoldier, it's quite a nightmare.

Kjellqvist
11-14-2009, 02:25 AM
it sucks big time after latest patch, takes me several years so find a servers, and when i found one, i often get "unable to connect to host" or "server shut down" or something like that :(

Dodots
11-14-2009, 07:43 AM
My friends get the same problem Kjellqvist, here's hoping for a solid patch incoming soon.

roorback
11-14-2009, 08:04 AM
hej

so today i got another patch from yesterday patchlevel 1.0.164 to 1.0.165

but, same problems here :(

also - if i change the ping colors like the tweak thread, i saw HOW HORRIBLE the pings are. on host have all bars (like ping NULL) - i got a ping like 100. great....

also i think much home connections are not able, to host 12 players because not really much upload.

THESE facts will get kill the great game(play)

so - host migration also work since patch i think :(

greets

Hara_Kiri
11-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Just got this:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8003/99153690.jpg

hum...
WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ING HELL IS THIS ♥♥♥♥ING ♥♥♥♥?

RottenApple32
11-14-2009, 08:24 AM
You have to laugh. I hoped a patch would come out and introduce dedicated servers, but instead, we get something that appears to have buggered it up even more!!

RottenApple32
11-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Just got this:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8003/99153690.jpg

hum...
WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ING HELL IS THIS ♥♥♥♥ING ♥♥♥♥?

???What???

So now you can only join certain servers if you have rubbish ping... IW have lost the plot. When I look back at how smooth CoD 4 PC's online was, it makes me mad. Also, why did they take out the lean function?

Dodots
11-14-2009, 08:36 AM
The way the host is picked needs to be improved. I get put with a host that can barely keep 1 or 2 people in the green but when I host everyone is in the green, why does the game give that guy host instead of me when I'd clearly give everyone a better connection.

poweruo
11-14-2009, 08:37 AM
The list of things they manage to F up is huge. Now as of this latest patch my online gaming experience in CoD MW2 has been horrible. Lag lag lag lag lag lag and more lag in every single game. When the game was released for those who purchased over steam it worked quiet well for me, rarely lag, rarely DCs.

RottenApple32
11-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Not a problem for me, but don't some ISPs state that customers are not allowed to host?

poweruo
11-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Not a problem for me, but don't some ISPs state that customers are not allowed to host?

I have never heard of an ISP saying or writing that you may not host a service. Only thing ive heard of is that some have limited bandwidth per month, Traffic shaping(can be a b.i.tch.) and port/ip blocking.

lWarriors
11-14-2009, 08:42 AM
IWNET was broken when the game was released, so whats the difference.

adsr
11-14-2009, 08:44 AM
i always play 3 games then bugs drops me to desktop , i love this <3

RottenApple32
11-14-2009, 08:44 AM
I have never heard of an ISP saying or writing that you may not host a service. Only thing ive heard of is that some have limited bandwidth per month, Traffic shaping(can be a b.i.tch.) and port/ip blocking.

It's definitely a problem if someone has limited traffic (and there are plenty of ISPs around that do that) - but IW Net doesn't know who has unlimited traffic and who doesn't of course.

poweruo
11-14-2009, 08:50 AM
It's definitely a problem if someone has limited traffic (and there are plenty of ISPs around that do that) - but IW Net doesn't know who has unlimited traffic and who doesn't of course.

Would say the traffic shaping is a worse case. Some ISP are notorious about that. As soon as someone starts sending to much data out over a longer period the traffic gets limited by the ISP, usually this only effect sharing like torrenting or P2P apps but it might in some cases also effect this game. Seen it with the MMO Champions online where some ISP treated it like torrent transfer and limited it so a lot of people started to lag.

GIEF DS NOW ...pretty please

Dodots
11-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Dedicated servers would of been better for sure, there's no denying that at this point, IWnet has so many flaws and bugs right now. I guess with some polish IWnet could still be really good, it's just will IW bother to improve it.

Dodots
11-14-2009, 03:36 PM
IWNET was broken when the game was released, so whats the difference.

It was less broken. I'm sure you could of worked that out on your own.

Loeder
11-14-2009, 03:40 PM
It did broke my game :( me and a friend can't start a game of TDM together anymore, whoever starts as host crashes. By the way why can't I make a FFA match that people can join... its only TDM that I can play together or CTF etc... :confused:

Loeder
11-14-2009, 03:41 PM
i always play 3 games then bugs drops me to desktop , i love this <3

I have this too, sometimes i can restore my game, but other times it gives a DXerror.

Kweh
11-14-2009, 03:43 PM
At least you guys can get past the ♥♥♥♥ing "Connecting to IWNet".

Mr.Bigtime
11-14-2009, 04:02 PM
ohh, another TOPIC here too..yes ..after last patch me and freidns cant game together. on screen simply u can see 50 PIN , trying 60 pin server bla bla..and then kicks my friends..they have high ping and game doesnt let us lobby ajd join a server.

sfade
11-14-2009, 04:05 PM
It broke a lot more than IWNet from all appearances. Lots of people are having problems with the game either not connecting, iw4mp.exe crashing upon choosing 'look for game' and the same single file failing cache verification with Steam.

Someone goofed.

Lactose
11-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Forwarded.

Dodots
11-14-2009, 09:35 PM
I have at least 8 other people I play with at any time and it's becoming more and more frustrating, it's extremely difficult to get in a game where 1 or more people don't get kicked for some reason.

Another problem is sometimes we get put with a host who's clearly not up to the job, everyone on 1 or 2 bars (10 bars) when I'm in the game and can easily host a game where no one will lag.

Shauzy
05-17-2010, 05:54 AM
No one is buying PC games because of expensive parts, only GPU is like 200$ while PS3 is 299$ How can people buy such things?

dixiemagick
05-17-2010, 08:39 AM
No one is buying PC games because of expensive parts, only GPU is like 200$ while PS3 is 299$ How can people buy such things?

Why did you dig this ancient thread out of the closet?

Anyways many many people buy this expensive stuf for the computers for many different reasons. Pc gamers are a different breed than console users. If you don't understand it then i would suggest playing console you will be happier.