PDA

View Full Version : why are most players so bad?

Darkreaver1980
11-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Its just amazing how bad most players are...i usualy kill 5 players before im taken down, mostly because i fly non stop around so other players have a hard time hitting me.

Also funny how all players change to my ship class after i get 10+ kills and than i change again and everyone does it again :D

Tips for new players:

NEVER EVER stop moving.

Never attack a target infront of you. Shot allways sideways or best from the rear.

Never engage a fight without a powerup

Never engange any target that is powered by a support ship...its allmost indestructable. Target the support frigate first

Now a quick overview:

Flagship

best vs: fighter, bomber

worst vs: assault frig

Assault Frig:

best vs: Flagship, Support Frigate

worst vs: Fighters, Bombers

Bomber:

Best vs: Anyone

worst vs: fighter, flagship (only drop bombs in theyr flight pad, dont try to fly close to them)

Fighter:

best vs: assault frig, support frig, bomber

worst vs: flagship

Support Ship:

best vs: Anyone

worst vs: anyone

As a Support ship allways stay behind your ally at max range, so the enemy wont target you first

Archer
11-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Nice and informing post! I really suggest changing the title (its a bit pejorative and missleading) and make it sticky, as this would really help others.

Thanks!

KazooieBanjo
11-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Recreate this topic with a more constructive title and you will earn a rep from me, OP.

lawsie69
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
well apart from the self blowing your own horn excersise the rest was ok, but yeah less ego please :p

z_da3
11-25-2009, 05:01 AM
I'd say the figher is also best vs flagship.

Flagships tend to chase you down which means you're firing at them backwards while youre flying away.

This makes their slow torpedoes have a smaller range, and take longer to travel to your location (time to travel to your current position then again the extra distance you just moved)and need to be aimed ahead of you to hit.

Your shots travel to them faster, need less aim (aim straight behind) and they're so big usually all 3 of the spread shots hit.

Not to mention you can decide the distance and intensity of the fight with the extra speed and agility the fighter has.

There's not much a fighter can't beat 1v1 but for capping objectives they aren't quite the beefcakes flagships are...

z_da3
11-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Maybe add some gamemode specific tactics? Support ships on are worth more on assualt maps, for example.

Herodotus07
12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
This should be stickied.
I have to admit, I love the flagship and am pretty ordinary with all others (perhaps as I've spent little time with them...for shame).

charleswrivers
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
...buttorping ;)

That was 'noob' back in the mid-90s on netrek.

stellarheart
04-15-2010, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the tip,..
Your my inspiration *lol* :D