PDA

View Full Version : Will a U.S. copy of L4D2 work in Australia?

VastShadowz41
11-17-2009, 11:06 AM
So I plan to mail a U.S. copy of the game to an Aussie friend for obvious reasons. But I was told there may be a risk of it not working from the Gamestop clerk if the game was regional based. I look on the back of the game box said it was compatible only with NTSC designated consoles. Anyone knowledgeable on this issue?

TL;DR version

Will an uncensored U.S. copy of L4D2 work on an Australian 360 console?

Petar1337
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Should work, because I know that some people in Australia have gotten US friends to gift them computer versions from Steam, but I'm not 100% sure.

mike90t09
11-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Are they going to start checking mail packages to see if US friends are sending US copies of L4D2 into Australia? I think it should work either way, unless Australian Xbox's has a way to know if the disc is uncensored so it doesn't read it. I say just mail it to your friend for the hell of it and see what happens.

rpalace
11-17-2009, 04:21 PM
You should seriously email Valve or look it up online. I think there is an issue with the discs we use in North America versus other countries.

Look on the game disc, the type of disc should be listed on it. Make sure it's compatible.

It's an NTSC vs PAL issue.

BR5555
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Should work, because I know that some people in Australia have gotten US friends to gift them computer versions from Steam, but I'm not 100% sure.

They still end up getting the uncensored version.

If I recall the game is region-free, so it should work for the Xbox. Don't take my word for it though...

tschumann
11-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I think there is an issue with the discs we use in North America versus other countries.

Look on the game disc, the type of disc should be listed on it. Make sure it's compatible.

It's an NTSC vs PAL issue.

That's right. Australian Xboxes are PAL but US discs are NTSC so it won't work (unless they sell PAL discs in America as well).

VastShadowz41
11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
That's right. Australian Xboxes are PAL but US discs are NTSC so it won't work (unless they sell PAL discs in America as well).

This is my issue. See, I sent over a U.S. L4D: GOTY version and that worked just fine. Now whether or not it was NTSC or PAL I don't know, but my friend purchased a console there and the game worked just fine.

So in theory, this copy of L4D2 should hopefully work just as well. :confused: