PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast message to uncertain buyers frequencies -- BUY this game!

Rhystic_One
11-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Since I usually check the game forums when I'm uncertain to buy a game on Steam, I'd like to suggest this game for a lot of reasons.

First of all, the game developers actively interact with the players (go check most of the threads here if you want an example) and that's an awesome thing, both for customers and the developers, as it means that the game is not "dead" at all, and devs want to constantly improve the game.

Second, it costs only 9.99$ (6.99€ here), and IMO for its value it's great.

Third, it gives you hours of fun. True, the game can't compete with games like MW2 or DA:O, but it was never meant to be. It's meant to give you some arcadey fun and I think it succedes in this matter.
The multiplayer component it's not so active, that's true, but if you play at certain hours you can easily find some mates to play along.
The PC version of the game also includes a new "Survival" mode, similiar to Geometry Wars, that enhances the replay value.

Finally, I think that if you don't have the cash / don't want to buy these lately released games I think you should definitely check it out.

Overall, I'd give it a 7,5 / 10 ;)

KazooieBanjo
11-22-2009, 01:45 AM
How are the mouse/keyboard controls? If they're good I'm sold.

driscoll42
11-22-2009, 11:31 AM
I would say the controls are very good. It uses your standard WASD for moving, although it might seem a bit odd at first that when you press A you aren't rotating left, but you hold down A to go left and continue to hold it. Then the only other keyboard commands you need to know are Shift for a speed boost and space to eject. As for the mouse, works out fine, left button to shoot, right button for special, no complaints about jitteryness or anything. After a couple minutes you'll have the commands down.

Edit: I forgot E to bring up an overview map, very useful.

lawsie69
11-22-2009, 04:37 PM
yeah played it for just a few mins earlier today as time would allow and the first thing i found out was the weird control system, it litteraly took me the whole 2 mins that i was playing the game to figure out that i couldnt rotate and the W key was not accelerate but a direction to move in :p

Oh well guess i will get use to it.

confid3nt
11-22-2009, 05:28 PM
The more I see thread like this (adverting for a game), the more skeptical I become...

Now if it has a demo...

driscoll42
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
The more I see thread like this (adverting for a game), the more skeptical I become...

Now if it has a demo...

Yeah, maybe a bit too much adverting, but the game is actually good. If you want a demo, there should be one on the Star Trek DVD that was just released. There are also demos for the PS3 and 360 if you have access to one of those. Perhaps a demo will be released for the PC around the same time as the patch.

Cedge
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM

User reviews are advertisements? :confused:

confid3nt
11-23-2009, 08:17 PM
User reviews are advertisements? :confused:

First, I said "advertising", not advertisement.

Second, that's exactly the problem. The golden age when 1 user review = 100 IGN, gamespot, etc has gone long ago. I can just create an acc and use it to advertise, or use more sophisticated method and got a good review.

The more I see them, the more skeptical I become...

By the way, I rent the movie from redbox, did put it into my pc but no demo. And if there is any demo on that disk, I'm sure I've already found them on the internet. Maybe I'm wrong, thou.

Rhystic_One
11-24-2009, 09:58 AM
First, I said "advertising", not advertisement.

Second, that's exactly the problem. The golden age when 1 user review = 100 IGN, gamespot, etc has gone long ago. I can just create an acc and use it to advertise, or use more sophisticated method and got a good review.

The more I see them, the more skeptical I become...

By the way, I rent the movie from redbox, did put it into my pc but no demo. And if there is any demo on that disk, I'm sure I've already found them on the internet. Maybe I'm wrong, thou.
I have 269 (including this) posts and I joined in October 2005, how can that be advertising?

I just wanted to share my opinion, if you don't like it, feel free to ignore it.

Cedge
11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Indeed, confid3nt, Rhystic_One has been a user since long before this game was even an idea in anyone's mind.

The demo is only on the 2-disc DVD and 3-disc Blu-Ray sets, not the barebones 1-disc version, which is what I presume is available in redbox.

confid3nt
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I have 269 (including this) posts and I joined in October 2005, how can that be advertising?

That number falls into this category

...use more sophisticated method and got a good review.

Indeed, confid3nt, Rhystic_One has been a user since long before this game was even an idea in anyone's mind.

The demo is only on the 2-disc DVD and 3-disc Blu-Ray sets, not the barebones 1-disc version, which is what I presume is available in redbox.

Again, more sophisticated method category :). But maybe I should follow Rhystic_One's idea and just ignore it.

And thanks for clearing thing up. I wonder if it's possible for you to send me a copy of that demo? Just upload it on some host (mediafire) and send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Cedge
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
...what?

10whats

z_da3
11-25-2009, 05:20 AM

what?

I doubt even spock could see the logic :D

Rhystic_One
01-02-2010, 09:37 AM

what?

I doubt even spock could see the logic :D
I LOL'd :D

Anyway, remember that D-A-C is now on sale because of the holiday deals... I wonder how many people I will find online to play the game with ;)

cudaker
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Since I usually check the game forums when I'm uncertain to buy a game on Steam, I'd like to suggest this game for a lot of reasons.

First of all, the game developers actively interact with the players (go check most of the threads here if you want an example) and that's an awesome thing, both for customers and the developers, as it means that the game is not "dead" at all, and devs want to constantly improve the game.

Second, it costs only 9.99$ (6.99 here), and IMO for its value it's great.

Third, it gives you hours of fun. True, the game can't compete with games like MW2 or DA:O, but it was never meant to be. It's meant to give you some arcadey fun and I think it succedes in this matter.
The multiplayer component it's not so active, that's true, but if you play at certain hours you can easily find some mates to play along.
The PC version of the game also includes a new "Survival" mode, similiar to Geometry Wars, that enhances the replay value.

Finally, I think that if you don't have the cash / don't want to buy these lately released games I think you should definitely check it out.

My advise ..Dont buy ,keep you $$ for something better .I'm very disappoint of that game and check their website have you see support somwhere... not me !!! 20/100

Rhystic_One
01-03-2010, 08:38 AM
My advise ..Dont buy ,keep you $$ for something better .I'm very disappoint of that game and check their website have you see support somwhere... not me !!! 20/100
And what are your motivations to say something like that? At least tell us what you're unhappy about if you'd like to make some constructive criticism. Otherwise, you're a troller.

stellarheart
04-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I totally agree with Rhystic_One this game is worth buying, although I may be new at this game it totally capture my attention from a new gamer point of view. lol :P

Cmdr. Thanatos
04-13-2010, 10:44 PM

Second, it costs only 9.99$ (6.99 here), and IMO for its value it's great.

Clearly, you are in cahoots with JJ Abrams, Valve, and other evil corporate entities attempting to steal our well earned money on a horrible game!

That being said, I may buy this for your description of survival mode: I still randomly play GW every other week. Best money I've ever spent on a game aside from Deus Ex.

stellarheart
04-15-2010, 02:19 AM
That's great see you on the play ground!:cool: