PDA

View Full Version : faulty/damaged Core 2 Quad

It's ME!
11-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600 here. I think it may be faulty or damaged. I don't see anything physically wrong with it, but last time i tried to use it it gave me an error code. When I googled the code, answers get me a general idea: the CPU was faulty.
Now, what i want to do is test this CPU in a computer that supports a quad core CPU (and i have said computer). Now, if it actually faulty/damaged, would it cause damage to the other components of the computer? like RAM or mobo? Although the computer was cheap, i don't want it to be a waste of money.

kdawgmaster
11-22-2009, 01:51 PM
it shouldnt do to it being a problem with the CPU and nothing else. also when did u get the CPU and have u done any overclocking on it of any sort?

It's ME!
11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
it shouldnt do to it being a problem with the CPU and nothing else. also when did u get the CPU and have u done any overclocking on it of any sort?

i bought it second hand at least a year ago so i have no idea what the guy did with it. That's why i'm asking if a faulty/damaged CPU is going to do any harm to other components.

dAhAx
11-22-2009, 02:29 PM
i bought it second hand at least a year ago so i have no idea what the guy did with it. That's why i'm asking if a faulty/damaged CPU is going to do any harm to other components.

no just the cpu.

It's ME!
11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
alright thanks guys.

Busmuiz
11-23-2009, 01:22 PM
It is very unlikely that the CPU is faulty. It's actually more possible that the motherboard is not compatible with it.