PDA

View Full Version : More gore

Adam Banman
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this game would benefit from a higher gore factor?

Hard to beleive that the snow stays completely blood stain free after large battles conclude, and dismemberment would add to the pleasure of riding past a man and swipping at him with your sword.

I wonder if Warband will adress this issue.

Blindjonn
11-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Before anyone jumps all over this thread for being crass, more realistic gore does give a more visceral (and therefore more immersive) feel to the game. Combat is near perfect, seeing an accurate reaction to your action would be the cherry on the cake.

Having said that, all those red-mist/dismemberment effects happening to up to 50 character models at a time would be hell for an average PC to run. But the bloodied weapons could at least be changed so that they don't look like they've been dipped in vivid pink paint.

chronicdog
11-26-2009, 03:10 AM
I support this idea 100%.

Adam Banman
11-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Before anyone jumps all over this thread for being crass, more realistic gore does give a more visceral (and therefore more immersive) feel to the game. Combat is near perfect, seeing an accurate reaction to your action would be the cherry on the cake.

Having said that, all those red-mist/dismemberment effects happening to up to 50 character models at a time would be hell for an average PC to run. But the bloodied weapons could at least be changed so that they don't look like they've been dipped in vivid pink paint.

Im glad someone posted this before I get a bunch of "oh cmon man grow up you silly gore fiend" posts.

"Visceral" is indeed the key word here.

It's simply much more immersive and satisfying to pan the camera around a victorious battlefield and see that the snow is heavily stained red and to have a couple loose heads scattered about.

I would'nt want anything rediculous or unreolistic, of course, fifty blood fountains on a battlefield would look more goofy than gruesome. but a healthy dose of blood stains on the ground, and maybe a good decapitation every once in awhile would ad to the violent glee of combat.

makeadumbwish
11-28-2009, 05:42 AM
supported

10ifullysupportthis100%

BladenLongsword
11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I would like to decapate guys and chop arms off. And they should be more realistic stuff like if you have 1 health an arrow to the finger doesn't just kill you. Weapons should beable to snap, crack and bend. And if you pirce a guy with a spear/lance the spear/lance should stay in him or have a hole in him. I mean some guys look like the laying down. Plus you should be able to break bones and get hands chopped off and be not able to weild a weapon for a while. :mad:

I mean come on-
Bladen

Prozon
11-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I agree, more gore and decapitations etc would be awesome!

But remember that one of the reasons this game runs so smooth in big battles with 200+ players is because of the minimum amount of animations and eye candy this game has. They dont throw more stuff at you then you actually need to enjoy the game.

Back when i tryed out WoTLK and in that wintergrasp battlefield or whatever it was when there was 200+ Players there my FPS dropped like crazy because of all the diffrent animations for all the races and all the damn spells + eye candy. But in Mount and Blade i always got 30+ FPS even with 200 players on the screen.

Psitaylor
11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, im running the game stable at 120 fps pretty much all the time. Im okay with this, although i think animations and other stuff is more important.