PDA

View Full Version : Random Freeze AC1

creamy goodness
11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
So I got AC1 and I love it. However, it seems to freeze my entire computer at random times. Sometimes high action sometimes no action at all. Its playable, but I'm constantly under the shadow of a complete freeze.

Win 7 64
core i7 860
8GB
nVidia GTX 260

Any help or at least point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I searched the forums here and didn't find someone with my issue.

Cheers

whpz87
12-22-2009, 09:47 PM
I have the same problem, a Google search shows many others besides you and I that are also having the issue.

It looks like everyone that has the problem is running Windows 7...I have been unable to find a solution. I can play for sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes a half hour, sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes an hour and a half...eventually though it will always freeze and crash.

creamy goodness
01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks for posting. I cant imagine that they will release an update, but hopefully they will. Until then it will sit on a shelf. Good thing I only paid $5 for it.

TehJesus
01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
No, they wont.

Read my bypass thread.

IntelliMoo
01-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Random freezes on win7x64 a lot for me too (dirx10 ver), but luckily just the screen is frozen each time so far as I have been able to do a windows restart with winkey-rightarrow-rightarrow-r. Even the dirx9 ver on xp32 had a couple random crashes as well, so it's definitely some kind of game bug (like crappy port code somewhere). :mad:

Now switched to the dirx9 ver under win7x64, hopefully will stop freezing.

Benhero
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Win7 64 here too.....my game freezes in the same spot everytime.....memory block 3 after either final mission....I kill the target and am on my way back to the bureau and it'll freeze solid......since I can't load up a different savegame......what am I to do?:confused: If I start a new game will it happen it the same spot again?