PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but if Rogue Warrior is anything to go by...

Larry1212
12-03-2009, 11:47 PM
... i'm not pre-ordering AvP untill I get some decent gameplay videos/reviews of the game... not dishing out 50bucks for a PoS.

MADDOGGE
12-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Well neither am I. I have easily 200+ games I have bought over the last 20 years I ain't hurtin for stuff to play so I almost never buy a game at release. Valve games being the exception. I can well afford to wait my time and see if this is a console quick time button pushing piece of crap or a real game and it costs me nothing to do so. Unlike the MP ho's I'm not on a time table to get it and play it before the MP dies. SP rules!

mtma14
12-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for reviews or gameplay videos or even demo before buying it...

franjrp92
12-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for reviews or gameplay videos or even demo before buying it...

QFT

I want to be sure before spending 50 euros even if it looks great so far.

trooperdx3117
12-06-2009, 08:08 AM
As far as I know there are two dev teams in Rebellion, one of them is the rogue warrior team who made the crappy shellshock 2 while the other team is the one who made brilliant games like Sniper Elite and Rogue trooper so that is probably the team making AvP

MADDOGGE
12-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Saw some more video last night and granted I don't know how old it was and things may have changed since but the lame ♥♥♥ "show me where I can jump to" for the predator is just lame and Sooooooooo console. I have yet to see anything, anything at all being played on a KB & M, it's all 360 controller. Anyone got any footage showing KB & M play?

Cirap
12-06-2009, 01:59 PM
a couple of things brought Rogue Warrior down

- Rebellion was brought in pretty far into development (after the starting devs were fired)

- Rebellion had most of their focus and manpower on AvP

Larry1212
12-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Saw some more video last night and granted I don't know how old it was and things may have changed since but the lame ♥♥♥ "show me where I can jump to" for the predator is just lame and Sooooooooo console. I have yet to see anything, anything at all being played on a KB & M, it's all 360 controller. Anyone got any footage showing KB & M play?

I seen a PS3 controller... Oh, wait... :confused:

Yeah, smells of consolitis tbh... =/ The guidance for jumping really seems lame. Jumping should be something you get used to, something you get a feel for not stare at the screen and wait for a marker to align with where you want to jump specifically. I really hope they remove that feature or atleast have an option to toggle it(Or better yet, completely remove it from the PC version!!).

MADDOGGE
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I seen a PS3 controller... Oh, wait... :confused:

Yeah, smells of consolitis tbh... =/ The guidance for jumping really seems lame. Jumping should be something you get used to, something you get a feel for not stare at the screen and wait for a marker to align with where you want to jump specifically. I really hope they remove that feature or atleast have an option to toggle it(Or better yet, completely remove it from the PC version!!).Well my 360 controller is black as is my PS2 one so they all look alike in the footage. Really though this game should be so awesomely PC that it COULDN'T play on a console. I love all my systems but it's just so wrong to ever put a FPS on a console. Just so wrong.

zerorate
12-07-2009, 05:20 PM

- Rebellion was brought in pretty far into development (after the starting devs were fired)

- Rebellion made ShellShock 2 which also was a POS game.

Sifer2
12-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Well it sounds like Rebellion just finished up Rogue Warrior an that it was probably already a doomed project. The previous Aliens vs Predator game made by them was well received so they have something good on their track record too. We will just see now if 10 years and a urge to please console audiences hurts them or not.

MADDOGGE
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
The problem is most consolers don't know that they can have almost the same experience on a console as a PC. You don't have to baby down a game when you develop it because it going to be on a console. Yes you will need some aim assist because a analog stick will never be as precise as a mouse. Yes you may not have quite as good of graphics as a PC can produce but the actual gameplay experience should be no different for a console than a PC. Instead of aiming high though they aim low and produce baby games for the console and sometimes we get a port of that for the PC.

CalmWind23
12-08-2009, 09:24 AM

That is no reason to create a POS game. It is just plain excuse.

mouse_art
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
It's not that easy as you make it seem.

For you and me it is maybe a POS Game for someone else it's a ok Game, and for another one it's a great Game... Believe it or not. Or do you think that every Gamer on this little world gives a ♥♥♥♥ on(?) reviews?

Oh and btw Money has a big rolle in this, ask a Developer who has to deal with Publishers, Resources, Milestones and such things.

Quality needs Time, and Time means Money, and it's obvious that Developers don't get enough of both. (At least as long Games getting bigger and more expensive every year.)
That is no reason to create a POS game. It is just plain excuse.

Just wait for the AvP3 Release then you have maybe enough reason to ♥♥♥♥♥ about such things that "may be" or "may be" not.

MADDOGGE
12-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I just bothered to look at a trailer for Rogue Warrior. I'm not a prude and bad language isn't a big deal with me but do the developer know any other words but the "F" word or sex related terms for the menu. I thought Kane and Lynch took it to absurdity but Rogue Warrior? Oh wait I forgot in todays world the more you use the "F" word the bigger man you are!:rolleyes: God, if AvP3 is anything like this you can forget it. I don't buy game to listen to a cussing contest. Get some writers please.

OGkush&CO
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
It's not that easy as you make it seem.

For you and me it is maybe a POS Game for someone else it's a ok Game, and for another one it's a great Game... Believe it or not.

What kind of ♥♥♥♥ed up person would think Rogue Warrior is a great game?

MADDOGGE
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
What kind of ♥♥♥♥ed up person would think Rogue Warrior is a great game?LOL, always remember tastes vary, but the majority rules on what a great game is.:cool:

OGkush&CO
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
LOL, always remember tastes vary, but the majority rules on what a great game is.:cool:

True, true...some people like dark skinned women, some people like chunky women aaaand some people like bestiality. Guess which one is an analogy for Rogue Warrior.

MADDOGGE
12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
True, true...some people like dark skinned women, some people like chunky women aaaand some people like bestiality. Guess which one is an analogy for Rogue Warrior.Well having see the trailer I have no interest at all in Rogue Warrior but I still have hope for AvP3. It won't be as good as the first two, of that I have no doubt. Not with todays developer environment, but it doesn't have to, though that would be an extra kudo. It just needs to feel AvP to the max and be very scary and fun to play despite the flaws I see in the in game play footage that annoy me.

CalmWind23
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/roguewarrior

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/roguewarrior

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/roguewarrior

The only one who gave the good rating is Gamesnation. http://www.gamesnation.it/giochi/798/recensioni/rogue-warrior-black-razor.html

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://www.gamesnation.it/giochi/798/recensioni/rogue-warrior-black-razor.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhC-mIEdBslXnenDZysHuLKYG9fVw

ElfShotTheFood
12-16-2009, 11:13 PM
- Rebellion made ShellShock 2 which also was a POS game.

That game was actually started by another company, and Rebellion finished the game when they bought the developer that was making it.

While that doesn't excuse the shoddiness of Shellshock 2, not all of the blame should go to Rebellion since the game was supposedly already pretty dire before they got their hands on it.

Like with Rogue Warrior, it was probably finished by the interns while the A-team worked on AvP.

OGkush&CO
12-17-2009, 03:17 AM
The gameplay videos I've seen look pretty damn awesome for AVP. Just need to see something to give an idea for the flow of a regular online match.

FurryPride
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
The dude was psychic. O.O

NikolaiChekhov
03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Old topic is old, don't be another humberto (or is it you? >.> )

Larry1212
03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
And so I was... I guess props go to Rebellion/SEGA for making it look somewhat decent in their preview videos... I ended up pre-ordering. AvP has to be my biggest regret... It's even worse than Aion.