PDA

View Full Version : 9th Company - Roots of Terror

Valantine
12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi all,
Redirected here by this thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12353266#post12353266

Just to repeat what I have posted there in the hope of getting an answer:

Bough this on steam yesterday and I am having fun with it however there are a few issues I would like to get an answer to:

1. Multiplayer: On steam it is listed as a multiplayer game YET there is no option for this in game, is it or is steam advertising it incorrectly?

2. Rank - Do the soldiers earn rank as well as medals? Since most of my forces seem to be Privates bar the two WO's that are introduced for some missions.

3. Moddable? - Is this game moddable and does anyone know of any mod community?

4. Forums - infact, does anyone know of any forums for this game at all? Since there are none in either English or Russian which is quite suprising!

Cheers!
V

Cesar101
12-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Steam did advertise incorrectly about this game, also if you ask for a refund they get rather hostile with the customer about no refunds. you might get lucky and get it either way.

Valantine
12-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm not bothered about a refund as I quite enjoyed the singleplayer although found it a bit too short and linear. Would be nice to have an open mode with some more troop development options, but perhaps modders will get hold of it in the future!
V

jstreet
12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Say, did any of you guys beat the "Prisoners" mission? After removing the mines, the reinforcements show up, but the 10 minute timer just seems to reset. The reinforcements are not selectable and a new objective does not appear. Did that happen for you? Are we supposed to keep waiting or is there something we are supposed to do to trigger advancement? Thanks.

Valantine
12-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I completed the game relatively quickly. On the prisoners mission the reinforcements wont be selectable until you have cleared the northern route. as you clear across the top you will be attacked a bit, then you will push down towards a small building - take and hold this whilst sending a lone man down to meet the reinforcements back down the previously secured route, then use the now selectable reinforcements to clear out the town and oh - the prisoners arnt there? well go back to your main force and send a chap into the lone building you previously secured and oh - you found them! mission done!

At least thats the way I done it in order not to take casualties on my main, experienced forces.
V

StuG_1944
12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Bought it, saved on the third mission but when I have my Hind helicopter clear the southern town, it just says I cleared the town and that's it. It has stopped saying Taliban reinforcements are coming in and to prepare a defense. So the game just goes on forever, with no enemy. So I can't play unless I want to start the game all over.

Overall, game has lots of bugs like this... Really annoying when medics refuse/ignore to heal and just run off to get wounded too.

Valantine
12-14-2009, 10:16 AM
There are a few bugs as you mention with the medics and timers jamming, but not encountered any game breaking ones like the first point you make.

I'd say that there is probably something you have overlooked even if tis just a lone guy it can stop things happening as they are meant to. Alternatively try a save and exit the game then load it, I had to do this once when a timer for an objective paused with 10secs left meaning the objective couldnt finish.

By the way, to save getting so many wounded including medics not doing their job use the stand ground function and manually put the medics at the back - their heal radius will cover the entire section if grouped close enough and they will heal them but wont get temtped to draw their weapon and join the fight unless the enemy is right ontop of you.

By the way try the "official" forums here: http://www.strategyfirst.com/forum/

I have posted a few times but there is a moderator control for all new threads and posts meaning that the 9th company room still remains empty - but it seems to be the only place that is officially connected to the game bar steam as distribution method.
V

jstreet
12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey V, thanks for the previous input. It turns out I was stuck on that "Prisoners" mission because the I didn't find a mine at one of the scouting sites even though I got a message that the objective had been completed. Anyhow, I've got a new question for you. On the next mission, "Stingers," I keep getting spotted once I approach any of the 3 objectives and then the mission ends because the alarm is raised. I've tried sending in a lone soldier with a silenced pistol, but he hasn't been able to kill off any sentries before they fire their assault rifles (which then triggers the alarm). Any tips or tricks for completing this mission? Thanks.

Valantine
12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
What I done was equipped, if I remember rightly, three soldiers with silenced pistols and NO AK or main weapon. I then used these in combination to slowly creep up on the individual guards near but not on the objective flags - once you have taken out the guard near a town you can then firefight all the way into that town - rinse and repeat with all three towns.

The guards can be difficult to find so save often, as a tip the bottom right guard can be reached by going throug hthe mountains to the bottom right rather than up the "main" path, also - use the lay down command and take things slowly - if you try to rush through you'll be detected quickly.
Hope that helps - that mission was probably the hardest of them all purely because of the stealth aspect of finding the guards! (I done bottom right first, top left second and then the bottom left third - this one had the most firepower and was quite heavily fortified, just make sure you have your armour still and progress VERY slowly up the hill with everything in cover or else the rockets will make mince meat out of your troops.
V

morda8
01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
how do u complete the first mission because, i killed all the mujaheddin and got the reinforcements, i went all around the map and found no enemies left and the mission just wont end

vityaz
04-03-2010, 12:09 PM
would anyone be able to tell me how you secure the settlement and surrounding areas on the pandzher path mission? Ive moved all my men into the village and still when the timer runs out I get told I have failed the mission because I didnt complete the objectives

vityaz
04-04-2010, 12:06 PM
strike last message I got off that mission this morning!!!

FelisNigripes
07-04-2010, 03:34 PM
How exactly did you do that? I'm having the same problem with that mission right now. I clear the village but nothing seems to happen.

Captainkeg
10-05-2010, 08:11 PM
How exactly did you do that? I'm having the same problem with that mission right now. I clear the village but nothing seems to happen.

Hi, sorry to bump a slightly dated topic but I also am stuck on the first mission... i clear the village and no "reinforcements" arrive. the objective markers are still highlighted but the dialogue says "splendid you have cleared mujahideen from north/south side of the bridge". :confused:

fallout.dk
01-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Oh man, Old news but still a problem.
46th kilometer
I did clear both north & south side of the bridge but the next phase will not kick in.

Anyone know how to work around this bug ?

ElephantGuts
01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I seem to be having a glitch with the Prisoner mission. After I secure the path that cuts off their escape, I always keep some men there to make sure it's secure and then move some men up and secure the hut where the prisoners are kept. Entering the hut doesn't do anything, so I then attack the town. However as soon as I secure the town I always get a message telling me I've failed the mission because the prisoners were moved as I did not secure the escape route. Except obviously the escape route is secure. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

fallout.dk
01-08-2011, 05:36 AM
If anyone should care. You can play the game. What i did was to use the Autosave:MissionName. If a mission is bugged, load the autosave.

Not a bad game, just to short...

1.Bagdram Airdrome
2.Pandzher Path
3.46th kilometer
4.Prisoners
5.Stinger Hunt
6.Oil-Rig
7.Recuits
8.Remote Outpost
9.Column
10.Height
11.Secret Mission

fallout.dk
01-08-2011, 05:43 AM
I seem to be having a glitch with the Prisoner mission. After I secure the path that cuts off their escape, I always keep some men there to make sure it's secure and then move some men up and secure the hut where the prisoners are kept. Entering the hut doesn't do anything, so I then attack the town. However as soon as I secure the town I always get a message telling me I've failed the mission because the prisoners were moved as I did not secure the escape route. Except obviously the escape route is secure. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

I had the same problem. Start over and loaded the Autosave: Prisoners. It worked for me.

ElephantGuts
01-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I had the same problem. Start over and loaded the Autosave: Prisoners. It worked for me.

I keep restarting and I keep getting the same problem. I guess I could keep trying but it's getting real frustrating playing the same mission over and over...

tudor_arm
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Hello fallout.dk. I keep having the same issue and frankly loading the autosave does not work for me... Can you please help me out by giving me your autosave file from "stingers hut" (if you still have it, of course)? It becomes really frustrating playing the Prisoners mission over and over again, though I kinda like the game except for that...

My email is tudor_arm@yahoo.com, if you can and want to help me, I can only thank you in advance!!

fallout.dk
02-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Can you please help me out by giving me your autosave file from "stingers hut"

Sure ting. I have send you an email with the file i think you need for mission 05. Hope it helps.

Javolenus
03-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi there,

Bin playing this game for a few days. Has some nice features but also annoying things (camera control especially).

I completed training and mission 1. But I'm stuck on mission 2: Pandzer Path (I probably spelled this wrong).

What I do is:

1. Group mine-detecting guys and push them ahead.
2. Group snipers and observer with binoculars and follow, also looking for mines.
3. After clearing some mines, my guys either spot the Muj. on the hill or come under fire from same. I get my guys under cover and call for artillery support to blast the hill. All is now quiet. My binocularman scans horizon: nothing.
4. I bring up my two AVs by using SHIFT+RM to select a safe route up the road. I load up all my guys and press on to 1st objective. But 1 second later, loads of Muj. appear on the blasted hill and slot my entire squad.

Any help on this? Many thanks in advance!

Also, would be interested in any general hints. I like the game but find it pretty hard to handle.

Perpetual
02-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Hi all
I have uploaded my autosaves for anyone to download. All missions are there including the secret one at the end. Now go and experience all the missions you haven't been able to because of those darn bugs keeping you from completing Prisoners or 46th Kilometer!

They are all in a big zip file you unzip into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\9th company\Save\default0 folder, or wherever yours might be.

There is a website with links here (http://www.9thcompanysavegames.hostoi.com/)
Or you can download them directly here for winzip (http://blackbadge.dyndns.org/winzipallautosaves.zip) or here for 7zip (http://blackbadge.dyndns.org/7zipallautosaves.7z)

shifty119
02-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I have posted the beta release of my 9th company mod here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2554597