12-06-2009, 04:19 PM
So my warrior has the Berserk ability, and
Whenever I open up a menu:

Inventory
pressing ESCAPE button
Journal
Tactics
Map etc.

The Berserk ability is always turned off.

Questions

I thought Berserk is a sustained ability? So it should only turn off when I say so?
Berserk is turning off even when I tried using it with full Stamina.
Is this a bug?

Thanks

Pantheon
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Please visit this thread, it is confirmed by multiple users as well as several other abilities that do the same thing.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1030231

Quickdry
12-06-2009, 04:21 PM
It's actually supposed to turn off. You're supposed to activate berserk as a sustained ability before a battle (when your character goes into battle mode) and it auto turns off after the battle.

You're not supposed to have it on outside battles, it'll turn off (like you're getting) whenever you do anything.

This is because Berserk is described as a battle blood rage. SO it would be wierd if you're walking around all freaking out and angry. It's not a bug, which is why it always turns off after battle. Try being in battle and having berserk on, as long as you're still in battle, going to your inventory/journal/whatever will not turn it off until the battle finishes.

Sillia
12-07-2009, 09:30 AM
It's actually supposed to turn off. You're supposed to activate berserk as a sustained ability before a battle (when your character goes into battle mode) and it auto turns off after the battle.

You're not supposed to have it on outside battles, it'll turn off (like you're getting) whenever you do anything.

This is because Berserk is described as a battle blood rage. SO it would be wierd if you're walking around all freaking out and angry. It's not a bug, which is why it always turns off after battle. Try being in battle and having berserk on, as long as you're still in battle, going to your inventory/journal/whatever will not turn it off until the battle finishes.

As nice as this sounds, your explanation isn't consistent with the symptoms. Blood Magic and Berserk are both examples of sustained abilities that turn themselves off when you enter any menu. If it was really supposed to be consistent from a story perspective, why would it shut off mid-battle if somebody loots an item in the middle of the fight?

--S

Beastage
12-07-2009, 01:11 PM
As nice as this sounds, your explanation isn't consistent with the symptoms. Blood Magic and Berserk are both examples of sustained abilities that turn themselves off when you enter any menu. If it was really supposed to be consistent from a story perspective, why would it shut off mid-battle if somebody loots an item in the middle of the fight?

--S

Again, logic dictates that during a fight you will not stop to loot, craft items, or check your party approval towards you.

Sillia
12-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Again, logic dictates that during a fight you will not stop to loot, craft items, or check your party approval towards you.

Or change tactics, change weapons, or use an item that you don't have hotkeyed. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

It's a rather annoying bug. It's glaring, and it's inconsistent with the other sustained buffs. Why would I want rock armor up when I'm not in a fight? What makes Spell Shield or Indomitable different than Berserk? Why is it ok for someone to keep singing the Song of Courage, but not maintain Blood Magic?

--S

Beastage
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Or change tactics, change weapons, or use an item that you don't have hotkeyed. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

It's a rather annoying bug. It's glaring, and it's inconsistent with the other sustained buffs. Why would I want rock armor up when I'm not in a fight? What makes Spell Shield or Indomitable different than Berserk? Why is it ok for someone to keep singing the Song of Courage, but not maintain Blood Magic?

--S

Yea.... you are correct.

Megaxtar
12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
They fixed it in the patch.:cool:

picary
12-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Yay!
Currently updating.

Let's hope the big bug thread and pantheon can confirm if all of those bugs are also fixed :D

Pantheon
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
No, and I'm not surprised. They released a patch before I could compile what we've done and put it on the BioWare forums.

Here are the patch notes, http://www.neoseeker.com/news/12519-dragon-age-1-02-patch-released-for-consoles-pc/. They list off some key things that were talked about in the bug list thread, such as the Rally talent problems as well as ..not much else. It's mostly things that make the game more bearable. I also see NO fix for the memory leak that causes me to exit the game in frustration every 50 minutes.

I'm kinda glad Crushing Prison and Force Field were nerfed, it's easy to shut down a character or enemy for up to 20 seconds with no chance of breaking out early.

Kailieann
12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Plot *Spoiler Warning*

* Promotional downloadable content items now remain in the player's inventory when standard items are removed at the end of the dwarf noble origin.
* Repeatedly talking to Duncan after gathering the vials in the Korcari Wilds but not the treaties no longer provides duplicate experience.
* Leliana's personal plot can now be completed if the player substantially increased her approval (through gifts) before talking to her.
* During the siege of Redcliffe, enemies are no longer able to spawn in locations that would break the plot.
* Bann Teagan no longer disappears when he is supposed to be accessible during Urn of Sacred Ashes.

These weren't mentioned in Steam's copy of the notes.
I've no experience with most of them, but it's nice to see they're in place, especially the first and third ones.

picary
12-07-2009, 05:23 PM
What is the "rally talent" problem?

Kailieann
12-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Prior to the patch, Rally would randomly re-play its sound effect over and over and over again, especially during conversations, and would shut itself off at times when it shouldn't.

Entering its area of effect would also dispel Stealth, but there's no mention of that being fixed.

picary
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Interesting. So is Rally a spell or person?

Kailieann
12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Rally is a sustained ability, belonging to the warrior's Champion specialization.

picary
12-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Ohh right :)

Teranasaurus
12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Interesting. So is Rally a spell or person?

As the poster above me has said, Champion warrior subclass ability. It is an aura sustained ability (like a bard song) that increases attack and I believe defense talented.

boozebeard
03-22-2010, 12:07 PM
I just googled this and this thread came up. Silly that this hasn't been fixed yet, I wouldn't be surpised if they never bother too. Wouldn't be so annoying if berserk didn't have a 30 second cool down. :o