PDA

View Full Version : Can't actually move

nottafan
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I think I'm going to give this game a pass at this point. I'm trying the demo, but I'm having a serious glitch right from the start. I literally can't move, like my feet are glued to the floor. I can duck, when I hit one of the move buttons it plays walking animations and plays walking sounds, but I stay right where I am. Jumping doesn't work either. Kind of a bummer. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

DnS-Dei
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Maybe you should try to reduce the window resolution and renderquality - no or lower quality dynamic shadows, glow off, soft particles off.
Does your PC reach the recommended specifications? ;)

nottafan
12-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Maybe you should try to reduce the window resolution and renderquality - no or lower quality dynamic shadows, glow off, soft particles off.
Does your PC reach the recommended specifications? ;)

I don't think there is a game made that my system doesn't exceed the specs on. It's a pretty powerful system. The only thing I sometimes have trouble with is that it is a 64 bit Vista system. I don't see this as a graphics issue, when I move the mouse, I turn smoothly and easily. It's just moving around ( ie with the wasd keys) where I have a problem. It's like my feet are glued to the floor. I'll try your solution, but I'm not going to hold out much hope.

K^2
05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I've ran into exactly the same problem with the demo. The game runs at 40-50 FPS, and I can look around and use left and right click powers. But the view just bounces in one spot. I can't move off the place I spawned at. I tried to use console command to skip a level, but same thing happened in the next zone. I have not found a no-clip or equivalent to see if that helps.

CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad Core
RAM: 2GB DDR2
GPU: GeForce 8800GT

DirectX 11 and recent drivers.

Actaneon
04-09-2011, 06:28 AM
I have run into the exact same problem. What I don't understand is that it worked earlier.

DnS-Dei
04-09-2011, 08:03 AM
I have run into the exact same problem. What I don't understand is that it worked earlier.

Does this still happen after a reboot of the PC?

MADDOGGE
04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Just brought my game up to check and it's running fine for me. OP is apparently stuck a spawn though.:confused:

Win7 64
Phenom 9600 quad 2.3 Ghz
4 GB ram DDR2
8800GT 512 MB
Still running last summers video drivers.

Has everyone having this problem took time to verify their game cache.

@ Actaneon did you update GPU drivers since the last time it ran properly for you? If so roll back drivers and see if that fixes it.

Locoweed
04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Same problem here.

I spawn stuck in the floor. I can look around, crouch, and use the gloves, but I can't move.

Sort of bobbing in place with a red indicator like I'm taking damage or something.

I did verify the cache, and it came out fine. Restarted computer, game and steam.

Using Nvidia 266.58 drivers. Going to try a driver update. If that doesn't work, I might mess with the physx settings.

DnS-Dei
04-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah, Same problem here.

I spawn stuck in the floor. I can look around, crouch, and use the gloves, but I can't move.

Sort of bobbing in place with a red indicator like I'm taking damage or something.

I did verify the cache, and it came out fine. Restarted computer, game and steam.

Using Nvidia 266.58 drivers. Going to try a driver update. If that doesn't work, I might mess with the physx settings.

Could you mail a dxdiag, logfile located in [USER]/documents/TwinSector/ and the savegames from this place. Does it happen in the very first position of the game - Mission1 start?

support@dns-development.com

Locoweed
04-30-2011, 08:05 AM
There wasn't a dxdiag file but there was a "Twin Sector Logfile.txt"

Also I updated the drivers to Nvidia's latest of 270.61 and unfortunately I erased the contents of the previous Twin Sector folder to insure something wasn't corrupted from me trying to change the default move keys (which I usually do).

It seems to be working now. I can move and don't have the flashing red hud indicator.

imunfair
03-24-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm experiencing this exact same problem - here's a youtube video of it - as you can see I can turn, crouch, walk slower. Unfortunately I can't actually move, and jumping doesn't appear to work either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENb903KDAs

Here's my dxdiag:
http://pastebin.com/6LwuNTu3

Edit:
Additionally, I tried removing the TwinSector folder from My Documents in case any settings were corrupted, and reopened the game but the problem was the same.

imunfair
03-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, I verified the game cache and it fixed one file, and updated Physx, but neither of those fixed it. Eventually I restarted my PC and tried playing and suddenly it works.

This is after deleting the TwinSector folder from My Documents as well, but as mentioned before that alone didn't fix it. Strange bug.

Assassin_75
02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Same thing is happening for me right now. Strange