PDA

View Full Version : X-530s Rear and Center speakers won't work.

JinkoMK
12-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my Logitech X-530 speakers. No sound is coming out of the rear and center speakers. I have used two different media players, iTunes and WMP12 and I still don't get and sound from them. What's odd is that in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, I have selected 5.1 as my speaker configuration and when I press on the play button (to play a sound one by one on every speaker) it works perfectly. I have yet to restart my computer.

That brings up this question. Do MP3 files have to support 5.1 playback or what not?

darkkterror
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
You won't get audio out of the center and rear channels unless the video/game/audio file you're playing has 5.1 audio. If you're listening to music it will be in stereo so you'll only get sound out of the front left/right speakers.

JinkoMK
12-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Aww.. shucks. I have heard that the X-540s have the matrix mode. Is there any way I can get matrix with the X-530s?

Actually, nevermind. I found the solution. Realtek HD Audio Manager has the option to use all speakers called 'Speaker Fill'. I actually hovered over it once to see what it does. I didn't click on it though. ==" Sorry guys.

HL2-4-Life
12-18-2009, 11:41 PM
LOL! :D Don't feel bad, not many of us here are audio experts (BTW, NOT an audio guru myself), heck, I learned something new from your post. When listening to MP3's, I usually set my Creative Console to 2.1 and it sounds better that Matrix Surround IMHO. Matrix tends to jumble things up, with stereo, you get a more focused nad precise soundstage.