PDA

View Full Version : STALKER won't even start...

Jem+Holograms
12-23-2009, 12:46 AM
Just bought it because it's $2, and my PC has more than the recommended specs, easy.

The game just won't launch. Everything is downloaded, I properly verified the game files, and everything is in order. I checked the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. log, and there are no crashes recorded.

Whenever I launch it, steam brings up its usual launching window, the game's launching window pops up, and just sits there. I've let it sit in excess of 10 minutes. It never crashes, it just never does anything, and when I manually close the process it stops responding.

F---- if I know.

Tokyo_Zombie
12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you need to either reboot steam or your system and if not that then it might be a problem with your system. Reload steam or your OS.

marcoblom
12-25-2009, 03:05 AM
I had the same problem. Adding -dsound to the Launch Options made it work (start Steam, go to My Games, right click on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: etc., Properties, Set Launch Options). I found this solution elsewhere on this forum.

TrenchFeeder
12-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm also having problems with STALKER. I bought STALKER and Clear Sky, Clear Sky works fine, but when I try and launch STALKER it shows the launch window, then another window pops up that says "This game is currently unavailable please try again later" It's been this way for over 48 hours now, I have re installed the game twice, restarted my machine/steam, numerous times, ran virus scans and everything. Looking for help

10pounds
02-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Sounds like you need to either reboot steam or your system and if not that then it might be a problem with your system. Reload steam or your OS.

You are an idiot. Imagine if everyone reloaded their OS everytime they had a problem. God I hate ignorant people.

Kilolas
02-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Wow decided to try my copy of SoC after reading this (haven't played it in a year at least) and mine crashes when it tries to load up to the menu, never had this problem before, very weird.

glasseye67
02-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Mine did that with COP the first startup. Its the x-ray engine trying to load your drivers. You may have to somehow change the in-game settings out of game. I copied a file from CS into my COP folder and was able to get into the game.

m0t10n
03-13-2010, 06:16 PM
my Sony Bravia tv/monitor which can handle all sorts of resolutions and refresh rates... gives me an "invalid format" message whenever i try to run the game, indicating that its starting at a resolution or a refresh rate my monitor cant handle, have tried EVERYTHING i can think of, including things that aren't mentioned in this forum.... wtf...

FroggystyleXZ95
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I had the same problem. Adding -dsound to the Launch Options made it work (start Steam, go to My Games, right click on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: etc., Properties, Set Launch Options). I found this solution elsewhere on this forum.

Thanks, this worked for me! +rep