PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 controller support?

Gunn911
12-23-2009, 09:23 PM
is there a way to enable xbox 360 controller support on this game some how.

anyone?

Leox001
12-24-2009, 07:53 AM
I believe the PC version was made specifically for use with the Keyboard and Mouse... Maybe you can use Xpadder to map your controller to the mouse and keyboard and play that way..

sweenish
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM
there is gamepad support. but its the wonky "button 1" stuff.

muppets4
05-01-2010, 01:58 AM
I use a program called joytokey for that. You can create custom profiles for games with it and it emulates keystrokes to your pad.

I am aware that this is an old question, but people that use the search option can find a solution overhere.

TasBlue
06-26-2010, 07:37 AM
I definately suggest xpadder, i'm currently playing through the game now for my first time using it to enable xbox 360 controller use, and it works perfectly! It allows you to choose the function of each button on your controller. For example I use the right trigger as the left mouse button and the left trigger as the right mouse button. A is the space bar which enables running etc...X is 'e', to crouch I push in my left joystick, and I cycle through my items with the left and right buttons of the d-pad, once the right item is selected (food) I press LB which is 'q' to eat it. It's very simple to set up and only takes about 5 minutes to figure out which setup is best for you. Its also good to ALT + TAB to switch to the program quickly to alter your configuration so that you feel more comfortable, also is helps if any new controls are required. Hope I helped and enjoy the game! woop!:D

W.A.C.
06-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Is there some kind of patch that would give me analog stick controls? If that's not possible, then I just wasted my money because I'm not playing this game without that. :mad:

TasBlue
06-28-2010, 03:52 AM
Howdy, i'm sorry the only way you're going to play with analog sticks is by using an external program. Read my other post above, xpadder worked perfectly for me :]

chris_coma
12-19-2010, 01:23 AM
there was no xbox 360 back that days (2003), so no support for it's gamepad. But who needs gamepad if keyboard and mouse feels so comfortable with dat game? There is no reason to take gamepad here. And no rumble :D

I've bought mine x360 for games that do not like our lovely pc scheme of playing (keyboard+mouse), but support x360 gamepad flawlessly (like dmc4 for an ex). NOT for games that support mouse and keyboard flawlessly, and making some ♥♥♥ pain by gamepad... what's the reason, pal?

SaDiZTiKStyLeZ™
12-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I forget what I tried to use, when I had first attempted playing this game years ago. Maybe it was xpadder.
I do remember it being all kinds of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on controller, and gave up on that idea quickly thereafter. Took a moment to get the hang of playing this mouse/kb but it played much more smooth at that point.
Too bad I spent money on a game that was so buggy, that it was rendered unplayable.

Zombie Craig
03-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I use a program called joytokey for that. You can create custom profiles for games with it and it emulates keystrokes to your pad.

I am aware that this is an old question, but people that use the search option can find a solution overhere.
I shall try this.

Ayle
10-17-2012, 06:44 PM
boo, I really prefer the controller to keyboard/mouse (plus I get to play on the couch XD) but I will give it a shot, I have heard good things about this game :)

Xiiter
02-05-2014, 10:52 PM
no .