PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7?

Jesse_Dylan
12-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I was thinking of grabbing this, so I downloaded the demo. It doesn't seem to install on Windows 7, though, sadly. That doesn't mean the actual game won't work on Windows 7, though; so far every Steam game I've tried (even ones that say "Windows XP and Vista ONLY") works on Windows 7, but I'd hate to buy it and then not be able to play it.

I thought I could run it on my Acer netbook, but I see it requires 1024x768 resolution; my netbook would handle it, but it maxes out at 1024x600.

Jesse_Dylan
12-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Well, it works fine for me on Windows 7 64-bit, but, unfortunately, it makes me watch the intro movies EVERY time, and it will only run in a tiny 1024x760 window on my display. I don't know why it won't scale up, either keeping the aspect ratio (preferred) or stretching.

When I first booted it up, it gave me three video options, but each said the same, just 1024x768x60hz. Maybe the one I chose was in a window, one was stretched, and the other was upscaled without stretching. Sadly, it did not specify, and I have no idea how to get back to that screen.

I don't know if anyone reads these forums, but when I find a solution, I'll update.

Deusmano
05-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, it works fine for me on Windows 7 64-bit, but, unfortunately, it makes me watch the intro movies EVERY time, and it will only run in a tiny 1024x760 window on my display. I don't know why it won't scale up, either keeping the aspect ratio (preferred) or stretching.

When I first booted it up, it gave me three video options, but each said the same, just 1024x768x60hz. Maybe the one I chose was in a window, one was stretched, and the other was upscaled without stretching. Sadly, it did not specify, and I have no idea how to get back to that screen.

I don't know if anyone reads these forums, but when I find a solution, I'll update.
I don't know how you can get that screen up again to change the resolution to fill the screen, but the movies being played EVERY SINGLE TIME was on purpose unfortunately, or an oversight. At the Knights of Honor black sea studios forum, there is a fix to make them skippable, though without them, to skip them you must hold left control and left click after a certain number of seconds, then it skips it, the cinematic with the army however is skippable at the very beginning.

Achilleslastand
11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting KOH to run on win 7 64? It installs fine but wont startup and i keep getting a kernal error please disable all antivirus and debugger.
Ive tried in compatability mode with no luck as well
Any help?

13MCC13
12-01-2010, 09:14 PM
i can confirm it works on windows 7 64 with non steam version

Achilleslastand
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
i can confirm it works on windows 7 64 with non steam version

Did you install it in its default path?

13MCC13
12-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Did you install it in its default path?

I used the 1.05 patch for full screen (16:9)
i disliked having to use (4:3)on my monitor so i decided to try out this patch it worked just fine infact i have been playing the game.