PDA

View Full Version : Unstable Overclock? BSoD GTA IV

Suresh0t
12-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey, I have been encountering a BSoD every time I play GTA IV usually within in the first 25 minutes of playing. I recently overclocked my Q6600 from it's default 2.4ghz to 3.0ghz. I've never really had problems with it except for a very rare L4D2 BSoD here and there. GTA IV is very CPU intensive so I think it's putting a lot of stress on my overclocked CPU causing it to bring out the unstable O.C.

Do you guys think the O.C is the problem and that I should go back down to 2.4 ghz or do you think it's just a bug in my game.

PC_Helper
12-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey, I have been encountering a BSoD every time I play GTA IV usually within in the first 25 minutes of playing. I recently overclocked my Q6600 from it's default 2.4ghz to 3.0ghz. I've never really had problems with it except for a very rare L4D2 BSoD here and there. GTA IV is very CPU intensive so I think it's putting a lot of stress on my overclocked CPU causing it to bring out the unstable O.C.

Do you guys think the O.C is the problem and that I should go back down to 2.4 ghz or do you think it's just a bug in my game.

Well since you are telling us that you are getting BSoD's in other game's i would guess your OC is unstable.

GTA4 is a pretty buggy game as it is. Which could also be a problem. But my money is on an unstable OC.

Suresh0t
12-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Well since you are telling us that you are getting BSoD's in other game's i would guess your OC is unstable.

GTA4 is a pretty buggy game as it is. Which could also be a problem. But my money is on an unstable OC.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. How would I get my O.C stable? Do I have to lower my VCore or higher it or something?

Combat Medic
12-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. How would I get my O.C stable? Do I have to lower my VCore or higher it or something?

Raise voltage.

Spunkie
12-26-2009, 11:34 PM
That game specifically is very sensitive to any OC, from people I've talked to their OC is stable in everything else even in benchmarking applications. But they still had to remove their OC to play that game.

Bulletbrain7
12-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Yah, that game has so many problems. You may even want to uninstall it and reinstall it. I have both the Steam and retail versions on a couple of different PC's and have had mixed results over a long time.