PDA

View Full Version : What a crap port

JeffreyBison
12-29-2009, 01:37 AM
No windowed mode so I force windowed mode but every time I login it sends you to this page, changing the resolution and then when you close it it puts you into full screen.

♥♥♥♥ing online interface is a mess for the PC and all the controls are for a controller.

OPTIMIZE IT FOR A ♥♥♥♥ING PC NEXT TIME

JeffreyBison
12-29-2009, 01:40 AM
omggggggggggg 5 hour long cutscene before the game starts let me ♥♥♥♥ING SKIP IT!

JeffreyBison
12-29-2009, 01:44 AM
whoever thought of the controls scheme is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

JeffreyBison
12-29-2009, 01:46 AM
And I have no clue how the hell you're meant to play ♥♥♥♥ing online.

chap9456
12-29-2009, 02:31 AM

I immediately grabbed a copy of 'Motioninjoy' Dual Shock 3 drivers and use my PS3 pad to play. Takes a little while to set up but no way am I playing a driver with the keyboard.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis-dualshock-3-connecting-usb

orico
12-29-2009, 03:45 AM
just plugged my 360 controller in, worked immediately

mrluthor
12-29-2009, 05:18 AM

Ever hear of redefining them?

Maggost
12-29-2009, 05:26 AM
The game is amazing! i put my logitech rumblepad 2 and detects it inmediatly! but i need to configure the buttons for it.

bendle
12-30-2009, 11:26 AM
omggggggggggg 5 hour long cutscene before the game starts let me ♥♥♥♥ING SKIP IT!

what cut scene?

StarShadow
12-30-2009, 12:20 PM

In that case, you might really dislike AI Wars: Fleet Command. The tutorial alone takes several hours, and its completion is an absolute necessity!

Jumpy-B-L
12-31-2009, 08:27 AM
This game is an awesome port, very well optimized.

ChaosBahamut
02-07-2010, 11:46 AM
I immediately grabbed a copy of 'Motioninjoy' Dual Shock 3 drivers and use my PS3 pad to play. Takes a little while to set up but no way am I playing a driver with the keyboard.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis-dualshock-3-connecting-usb

I don't know about you but in my experience I'd say Burnout Paradise is VERY keyboard friendly.

SunriseDriver
02-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Wow. Great thread. You made me laugh for a bit. :D

Gray-Sylar
02-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I think It's a great port honestly. Though I would love the Additional DLC's released on consoles and Custom Soundtracks option.

Chapa9dj
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
This game is an awesome port, very well optimized.

This!
I never had any problems so far.

knatterolm666
02-16-2010, 01:09 AM
The game is one of the best ports so far. With my 360 controller no problems at all. But I didn't bought it by steam. :)

SunriseDriver
02-16-2010, 02:50 AM
I'll buy it on Steam on the next sale even without 2 new DLCs.

mr_hertz
02-22-2010, 12:50 PM
game is pretty nice to me, i love it.

shame on them, cuz even after almost an year, gta4 will get its 2 dlcs on this march.

criterion should release at least big surf.... why not?

Gray-Sylar
02-22-2010, 08:44 PM
game is pretty nice to me, i love it.

shame on them, cuz even after almost an year, gta4 will get its 2 dlcs on this march.

criterion should release at least big surf.... why not?

I'd even be settled if they release Custom Soundtracks. Would be awesome to do some Road Rage while listening to my favorite songs.

bobloblaw1
03-15-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd even be settled if they release Custom Soundtracks. Would be awesome to do some Road Rage while listening to my favorite songs.

Step 1: Turn off in-game music.
Step 2: Open your favorite MP3 player (foobar2000 is an excellent lightweight choice) that allows for global key control.
Step 3: Start music.
Step 4: Launch Burnout.
Step 5: Drive.
Step 6: Don't like the song? Use your global hotkey to skip it.

Here's the wiki page of hoteys in Foobar2000 (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Preferences:General:Key board_Shortcuts)

Quatrix
04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
You seriously try to play racing games with the keyboard and mouse? No matter how much you deny it, there are just games that will always play better with a controller.

gimpymoo
04-06-2010, 01:22 PM
The game was well optimised in my opinion.

The Op fails and has no idea what they are talking about.

Gray-Sylar
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Step 1: Turn off in-game music.
Step 2: Open your favorite MP3 player (foobar2000 is an excellent lightweight choice) that allows for global key control.
Step 3: Start music.
Step 4: Launch Burnout.
Step 5: Drive.
Step 6: Don't like the song? Use your global hotkey to skip it.

Here's the wiki page of hoteys in Foobar2000 (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Preferences:General:Key board_Shortcuts)

I don't like having an external program eating my PC resources while playing the game. I'd rather have Custom Soundtracks in-game.

Meex
04-29-2010, 03:11 AM
I don't like having an external program eating my PC resources while playing the game. I'd rather have Custom Soundtracks in-game.

External programs eating resources obviously isn't a problem for you if you are using steam.

Benchmark it, I think the difference will be far less than you think, especially if you have a multi-core CPU.

MerseyMal
04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
fantastic game and works superbly with nvidia 3d vision.

Bud042
05-01-2010, 02:20 PM
The game was well optimised in my opinion.

The Op fails and has no idea what they are talking about.

This.
While I agree that the intro and menus are weird, they aren't important at all. The gameplay is great.

hsvhoon
05-04-2010, 11:21 PM

Foobar2000 will use 50MB of RAM at most!

Onyx3173
05-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I have to say the menu system is an absolute mess. It was also a little bit difficult to get my controller keys bound correctly, (Logitech Dual Action) seriously, who uses L2 to accelerate? Other than those two minor things, this is far more than I expected from the game. I may never touch Burnout 3 again.

H2OVapour
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
What are You on about? This game is one of the best ports I've seen this far. I was amazed how well it ran when I first played it.

Metal_Link
05-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Hahah, good one. You think this is a poor console port? You should see Blur. Like, seriously, Blur is the definition of poor console ports.

I recommend this game over Blur any day.

Though for the record, I don't hate Blur. It just really is a poorly done port. No key rebinding at all, ever. Blasphemy.

Lv70 Gengar
06-17-2010, 10:19 AM

Thats a riot! At the highest Winamp uses 50mb and 2-4% of my CPU. If you need that much extra resources that you notice that maybe its time for an upgrade....

JTWibble
06-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Use an Xbox 360 controller, problem solved, and why the heck would you want to play in windowed mode.

Assassin1471
06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
why the heck would you want to play in windowed mode.

WELL SAID.

its not like ud play window'd mode on any consoles is it? so why do it on pc.

slinky317
06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
I may be a complete noob, but where do I go to redefine controls? I don't see ANY options menu in game. Help!

playblah
06-18-2010, 02:51 AM
plays really good to me juts that i dont wanna see peoples scores every second i play.

slinky317
06-18-2010, 03:37 AM
So I found out the way to change controls... no mouse control? Boo.

lyravega
06-18-2010, 05:54 AM
No windowed mode so I force windowed mode but every time I login it sends you to this page, changing the resolution and then when you close it it puts you into full screen.

♥♥♥♥ing online interface is a mess for the PC and all the controls are for a controller.

what a crap post

Assassin1471
06-18-2010, 10:51 AM
all the controls are for a controller.

Or do what the rest of the world does and buy a controller?

That would be EA + theres nothing wrong with the controls.

And I have no clue how the hell you're meant to play ♥♥♥♥ing online.

Look around the forum + look ingame? Easy enough.

Ever hear of redefining them?

not hard is it lol

Xera
06-18-2010, 11:06 AM
WELL SAID.

Because unlike consoles you can actually run more than one thing at a time on a PC. Otherwise I completely disagree with OP.

Sonikku
06-18-2010, 11:12 AM
So I found out the way to change controls... no mouse control? Boo.

The game's so arcade that mouse-controls would make it damn inaccurate at times. I can understand mouse-controls on games like GTR, NFS Shift and such, but on Burnout?

PoRRasturvaT
06-21-2010, 02:40 AM
playing background music isn't a satisfying solution, because it plays at a constant sound level and does not benefit from ingame effects.

there is no text chat in multiplayer, seriously, that's a joke from both criterion and EA...

those are 2 non major, easily implemented, not time consumming things that would add a great value for PC gamers, and wouldn't make them feel like crappy, second rank gamers...

apart from that, there's no real issue with the content of the game

oh, and motionjoy works great.

WhiteCarnation
06-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Game runs fine maxed out for me, but I do agree that a custom soundtrack option would be great, I dislike how the Criteron website pops up every time I start the game (I usually lean back a good deal and play only with my game pad, have to get up and click out of the webpage every time), and no text chat

and of course, It'd be nice if the last two DLC packs were released.

orshick
06-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Nothing wrong with this port? Yeah right. I'm running it on a radeon 4870 in 720p and I have to set the game on mideum detail setting to make it playable, while a five year old console can run it perfectly well and get 60fps. But that's not even the main issue, the game looks fine on mid settings.

The biggest issue is how un-user friendly the whole package is. Those long-♥♥♥ company logo vids at the begining can't be skipped, and play at full volume even when I have the game volume turned off. Then the menu takes a while to load, and for some reason it always insists on loading that stupid online web page with my account. And the in-game menu is one of the worst I've ever seen, making you use f1 and f2 to sluggishly cycle between a bunch of menu pages, and the one that I would think is most important, which lets you access the game options and lets you save+exit is not even the main screen. Ech. It's even worse than the menus from Battle Field 2.

Yeah this doesn't break the game, it's still fun but crippled with all these issues which prevent it from being the quick, fun game I can play while listening to a podcast or some music. Windowed mode would be really awesome.

Mad Max RW
06-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Windowed mode works with dxwnd.

ren008
06-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Nothing wrong with this port? Yeah right. I'm running it on a radeon 4870 in 720p and I have to set the game on mideum detail setting to make it playable, while a five year old console can run it perfectly well and get 60fps. But that's not even the main issue, the game looks fine on mid settings.

The biggest issue is how un-user friendly the whole package is. Those long-♥♥♥ company logo vids at the begining can't be skipped, and play at full volume even when I have the game volume turned off. Then the menu takes a while to load, and for some reason it always insists on loading that stupid online web page with my account. And the in-game menu is one of the worst I've ever seen, making you use f1 and f2 to sluggishly cycle between a bunch of menu pages, and the one that I would think is most important, which lets you access the game options and lets you save+exit is not even the main screen. Ech. It's even worse than the menus from Battle Field 2.

Yeah this doesn't break the game, it's still fun but crippled with all these issues which prevent it from being the quick, fun game I can play while listening to a podcast or some music. Windowed mode would be really awesome.

Ya then something is wrong with your rig bud, or your cpu must be ancient... 4870 here with a q6600 run 1920x1080 4xaa all max expect SSAO and never dips below 60 fps

LaptopNut
07-19-2010, 10:11 AM
I am playing this one on my laptop with all high settings and 8x AA at native resolution and I get a steady 60 fps all of the time no matter what I am doing. If you are getting poor performance, disable SSAO since that can reduce performance by 50% with very little or noticeable benefit.

fisk0
07-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I have only played it once after I bought it, but am I supposed to exit the game with Alt-F4? I looked through all the menus I could find within the game for a way to exit it normally, but I couldn't find any other option. That, and that the game tells you not to rip the power cable out of your computer PSU when it saves your progress are very indicative of "crappy console port".

Yes, in-game, it runs fine, controls pretty well and all that, but the menu system and all those console style reminders really scream "I AM A CONSOLE GAME!!!!"

fisk0
07-19-2010, 02:00 PM
WELL SAID.

Not that I do this, but if you have multiple screens it is usually preferable to play the game in windowed mode, so you can move the game window over to the screen you want, and have other stuff running on the second screen. Fullscreen games in Windows usually disables the second screen.

CunningLinguist
07-22-2010, 12:51 PM
works perfectly on my Xbox 360 controller... L2P racing games on PC?

johnno
07-30-2010, 10:38 AM
What a great port! :) I've just started playing it after getting it in the Christmas sale. What a blast :D

Globsofblood
10-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I don't know about you but in my experience I'd say Burnout Paradise is VERY keyboard friendly.
I agree ChaosBahamut.