PDA

View Full Version : Valve, WTF are you trying to do to me?!

Cronjob
12-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Valve. Please. C'mon. What is it you're trying to do to me? I have bought almost 100 games via Steam since December 20th. I've spent about $500, already. I figured there wouldn't be anything to interest me these last few days of the sale. I already bought everything I could possibly want and you'll only discount stuff I already have or don't care even the least about.

I come online at exactly 9:00 AM PT this morning. What do I see? Not a whole lot. Nothing I didn't have already that I'd want to spend money on, at least. So I come back two hours later -- and you jerks have changed the selection! You've now reduced SFIV even further, to $9.99 and put Crysis at $4.99?! Did you realize I hadn't bought anything today and held an urgent meeting to decide what you must do to force a few more dollars out of my bank account before the day was over?!

When I'm unemployed and broke and have a zillion games on my hard drive, I'm blaming all of you. Bastards... I mean... SERIOUSLY...:o:o

DoubleD
12-31-2009, 12:35 PM
When I'm unemployed and broke and have a zillion games on my hard drive, I'm blaming all of you. Bastards... I mean... SERIOUSLY...:o:o

But then you will have time to play all those games you get at a great deal. ;)

Cronjob
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I actually went from having nothing I wanted at the first minute of the sale to now, where even stuff they had on sale this morning is far cheaper *now*. They must have realized they needed deeper cuts? SFIV, Crysis Pack, Shattered Horizons, Multiwinia Pack, another copy of HL1:Source... All so cheap this afternoon that I am forced by some Pavlovian nature to buy them all, even though I very well may never even play them. Damn it, Valve!

Veloci1992f
12-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Learn to have some restraint, dude.

Deedubau
12-31-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm in the same boat as you :) I even bought a wired 360 gamepad because it just feels more natural and comfortable playing some of Games For Windows Live titles with it!

BCC4321
12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Crysis is not at 4.99 you joker

AmyGrrl
12-31-2009, 12:44 PM
I feel the same way..... Steam needs to end the sale early...... I can't spend any more money on Steam... must resist....

......damn..... its not working... I just bought the crysis pack....

adamb101
12-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Once MW2 goes on sale, steam will explode.

Deedubau
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM

It won't anytime soon. Activision is perfectly happy NOT putting their games on sale and charging 60 dollars for MW2. Their the biggest game company ever since the merger happened and it seems to me that they feel that they don't need to be competitive by lowering prices.

Larry1212
12-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Huh? 500... i'm pretty sure i've only spent like... €60 and i've gotten about... 50.. 60? :3 Lots of bundles. :D

All in all since the begining of the year, however... i've spent... €493 via STEAM.

rushtodeath
12-31-2009, 01:03 PM
But then you will have time to play all those games you get at a great deal. ;)

Yeah seriously. You should be happy your unemployed with all these games. I'm employed, able to get all these deals, but have no damn time to play all of them, so I just have to store them all away like a squirrel burying nuts for the winter :)

theking3000
12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
I have only spent 40 quid. I can spend an extra 5 quid more buy I have a feeling that I wouldn't spend it (I have double my account during this sale)

Yvese
12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Heh I've probably spent over $400 on steam this year. There's still 3 days left of this sale so that may change to over $500.. :o

chopstix
12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Valve. Please. C'mon. What is it you're trying to do to me? I have bought almost 100 games via Steam since December 20th. I've spent about $500, already. I figured there wouldn't be anything to interest me these last few days of the sale. I already bought everything I could possibly want and you'll only discount stuff I already have or don't care even the least about.

Serious question, not flaming. Why are you honestly buying so much when you know you won't have time to play all of those within the year? You could buy enough to hold you over to the next Steam sale, of which games will be cheap again (or maybe cheaper).

I've bought one game this entire sale, because I can't imagine having a massive list of games I that I know full well I can't play any time soon.

s3mp3rfi
12-31-2009, 01:38 PM
what are you talking about crysis is $13.59 ... if it were 4.99 i would have bought it already but i don't know if 14 dollars is worth it...

Allster
12-31-2009, 01:53 PM
I've spent 67$ so far on these deals.
I just counted all my steam purchases, $495.
Dang.

Cronjob
12-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I've spent 67$ so far on these deals.
I just counted all my steam purchases, $495.
Dang.

Yeah, I'm kind of afraid to go through and check all the purchases I made this year on Steam and tally them up. In fact, I'm definitely not going to!

Ideally, GOG and Valve could merge and form some sort of glorious offspring so I could have all my digital download goodness in one spot. :)

Cronjob
12-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Serious question, not flaming. Why are you honestly buying so much when you know you won't have time to play all of those within the year? You could buy enough to hold you over to the next Steam sale, of which games will be cheap again (or maybe cheaper).

I've bought one game this entire sale, because I can't imagine having a massive list of games I that I know full well I can't play any time soon.

Never put off until tomorrow (or next December) what you can do today. :P

Also, I'm employed today. If I'm unemployed a year from now, I'll have a much harder time justifying spending money on games. But... if I've already wasted money on games long before that... win!

Quatrix
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
You can already get a valid, unused Modern Warfare 2 Steam key on eBay for ~$30.

xqyz
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I'm kind of afraid to go through and check all the purchases I made this year on Steam and tally them up. In fact, I'm definitely not going to!

I feel for you. It's really hard seeing those prices and resisting the urge to buy them "just in case i get bored".

JinkoMK
12-31-2009, 02:23 PM
You can already get a valid, unused Modern Warfare 2 Steam key on eBay for ~$30.

But as Valve warns us, it's not a great idea to buy keys off ebay. There are scammers and crap out there.

Yvese
12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
But as Valve warns us, it's not a great idea to buy keys off ebay. There are scammers and crap out there.There are many legit key sellers on ebay. I think Activision is just butthurt that people can get the game for half the price and it's eating at their rip-off prices.

Eat it, Activision.

blazemonkey
12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Add me to that list. I just bought DiRT2 and Killing Floor.. couldn't help it.

tariqari
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM

It's such an unexpected thing to do that I'm beginning to expect it...does that mean it will or wont happen? Or wont it? So confused...:(

Silicon Vampire
12-31-2009, 03:45 PM
If you buy only a key, you have no proof of ownership of the game. Any question comes up about you account, you may lose access to everything.

Purchasing only the key or purchasing from an unauthorized reseller will only lead to problems.

T@F
12-31-2009, 04:03 PM
I must be honest i`m not a keen lover of steam.
But damn prices of some of these games was to good to pass up.
So yep i`v spent a few pounds these past weeks.

chopstix
12-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Never put off until tomorrow (or next December) what you can do today. :P

Also, I'm employed today. If I'm unemployed a year from now, I'll have a much harder time justifying spending money on games. But... if I've already wasted money on games long before that... win!

If you are unemployed, playing games shouldn't be a priority! I'm just baiting trouble now though, so I'm sorry. Was just curious really, to each their own :D

Mr Pling
12-31-2009, 04:21 PM
You can say bastards on Steampowered? What is this?

xqyz
12-31-2009, 04:52 PM
You can say bastards on Steampowered? What is this?

Well at least the censorship thing isn't as ♥♥♥♥ as C&C 3. Lobby Chat even censors things like "Adolf" or "Sex".

Vinnie_NL
12-31-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm surprised Valve still hasn't sold TF2 for 600 bucks (http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3036) like they suggested before :P

PrimeSynergy
12-31-2009, 06:18 PM
$500 over the course of a week? A little much don't you think? Whatever you do with your money is your business though. I will say that if I was filthy rich I'd probably be dropping money like that too:D

eggbucket
12-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Considering how much Activision lost due to piracy this year, it's not surprising that MW2 is still $60.

amitava82
12-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Seriously, how many similar posts do we need everyday? just face it that you are shopalcoholic and neither Valve or we can help. You need professional help.

bippukt
12-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Man, if only I had not spent the $200 earlier this year, I would have had a gazillion games top-notch games this sale. I have a new strategy up my sleeve now :)

milkweg
12-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Learn to have some restraint, dude.

Hardcore addicts don't know the meaning of "restraint". They understand strait jacket though. ;)

milkweg
12-31-2009, 10:17 PM
Ideally, GOG and Valve could merge and form some sort of glorious offspring so I could have all my digital download goodness in one spot. :)

Then you are not hardcore enough because the real hardcore gamer addict also uses D2D, GamersGate and ImpulseDriven. They all have sales on right now too. D2D sale ends today. Steam easily has the best sale though.

KingDom1606
12-31-2009, 10:31 PM
I've gone from having just over 20 games to having 108 games since the holiday sales started.

I haven't spent much over 150 - 200 quid. :D

PhoenixLament
01-01-2010, 12:46 AM
I've spent close to 170 by now on about 40 games, and hoping the rest of the sale season going on goes relatively uninteresting for me, as i think i might just go broke.....

Veloci1992f
01-01-2010, 01:12 AM
I've gone from having just over 20 games to having 108 games since the holiday sales started.

I haven't spent much over 150 - 200 quid. :D

That is a lot of money spent on games dude. Are you even going to play all of them? Well, since this is basically a confession topic regarding an addiction to steam shopping, I must ask you: Are you addicted to buying games on Steam? :p

xlyesterdaylx
01-01-2010, 01:14 AM
If Op was addicted to drugs he would never be able to quit judging by his poor self control.

ultradude25
01-01-2010, 01:47 AM
I've spent $2 in the sale.

I'm such a big spender, right?

Europhoria
01-01-2010, 02:01 AM
My fingers hurt from using the controller :(. Burnout Paradise was a real gem when I picked it up for a song. Now if they could get rid of Avril Lavigne in the soundtrack...

GenuineVoodoo
01-01-2010, 02:09 AM
I've spent $2 in the sale.

I'm such a big spender, right?

You are not human! You have super natural self-control.

how can you resist such deals? :confused:

ZonalFear
01-01-2010, 02:23 AM
I've bought several games with an overall spend of about 20.

I've managed to excersise some self-control, but should Dawn of War II be any more discounted...

Well, I'm only human.

And chances are if I'd had more money, I'd have spent it. Some of these deals are so good it hurts to say no.

ultradude25
01-01-2010, 02:31 AM

Because all the games on special suck. Or were made in the last 2 years so I can't run them, so I already have them on Xbox.

chopstix
01-01-2010, 02:32 AM

By knowing more deals will come in the future, and games can usually be found incredibly cheap at a variety of places. It's not like this is a one time thing, since it will likely happen every Christmas and many sales in between.

I have only spent $7.50 on Burnout Paradise here. I might have bought a $5 game to gift today, but not after the billing hell they put me and some others through. :(

ZonalFear
01-01-2010, 02:35 AM
By knowing more deals will come in the future, and games can usually be found incredibly cheap at a variety of places. It's not like this is a one time thing, since it will likely happen every Christmas and many sales in between.

I have only spent $7.50 on Burnout Paradise here. I might have bought a $5 game to gift today, but not after the billing hell they put me and some others through. :(

Burnout Paradise was one of my purchases too. What a fantastic game for 5.

amitava82
01-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Burnout Paradise was one of my purchases too. What a fantastic game for 5.
This! I spent about $18 so far and Burnout is the best purchase so far even though I usually don't like racing game. In fact I bought a 360 controller just to play it.

ZonalFear
01-01-2010, 02:52 AM
This! I spent about $18 so far and Burnout is the best purchase so far even though I usually don't like racing game. In fact I bought a 360 controller just to play it.

It's much better played with the 360 controller than a keyboard (did I just say that?) as I can't seem to get the hang of KB above controllers on PC racing games.

Thankfully I already own a 360 and a wireless PC controller adapter for the controller, so I only spent a total of 5 on it. Although if I had to buy the controller it would still have been a steal.

Shifter
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I've spent 7 and my 5 games will easily last until next years sale, multiplayer FTW

Fthree
01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
This sale is purely insane.

*Edit* Please make all the game for free for like 5 min, I am so interested to see how many people complain and download plus I want a few games :D

chopstix
01-01-2010, 10:35 AM
It's much better played with the 360 controller than a keyboard (did I just say that?) as I can't seem to get the hang of KB above controllers on PC racing games.

Nothing wrong with saying that imo. :) Racing games are better played with something that can control steering better than a keyboard. Gamepads or racing wheels, etc. I use a 360 controller as well when I play.

&T: Source
01-01-2010, 10:36 AM
This sale is purely insane.

*Edit* Please make all the game for free for like 5 min, I am so interested to see how many people complain and download plus I want a few games :D
Lol, then you'd complain about the page load error's stopping you from buying anything.