PDA

View Full Version : How good is it?

corpmilenko
01-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I have heard mixed tales about this game so was wondering if it is actually good and I myself have never played it so

in.meinem.turm.
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
try the demo.
This will also help you determine if the game runs on your PC without problems. (not designed for new hardware)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_3584.shtml

If it runs without problems (the demo may end without warning during a battle on the water --> this is not a problem) get it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Marsbergen
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
It's a fantastic game that can really suck you in.

ElfShotTheFood
01-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Do you like whimsy? This game crams it down your throat.

denouement
01-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Short answer: Very

Long answer: Very good, as long as you enjoy story and, for the time, good graphics, more than running around with a shotgun blowing combine heads off.

adrianc1982
03-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Its very good, the game starts to grow in you really fast, its short though but it will become a journey you will remember for a lot of time. Its really a must, problem is the game has a lot of bugs and requieres a lot of tweaking, anyway I played it for the first time even with the bugs and tweaks. The game didnt run perfectly but it was worth it, I hope someday they fix this incredible game.

frostschutz
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
It's a console game, a bit like Nintendo Zelda, except in a modern / scifi setting. The game is not very hard, definitely easier than Zelda, so it may be a bit boring for experienced gamers.

The game definitely earns a lot of bonus points for story, characters, and dialogs. The parts that have voice acting are very good (for the English version anyway - I bought the German version for the Gamecube / Wii but haven't played it nearly as far yet).

Thanks to the story it's something you can play a second time after a while.

Regarding problems on newer hardware, it runs fine for me in Windows 7 64bit and ATI HD 5850, after tweaking it as per the suggestions here. You have to tick the manual config in the settings to get rid of texture corruption and movie/audio sync problems and the like, but that's something you do once and then it works. Of course not getting these issues sorted out properly (with a patch) is a minus point but it's quite normal for older games.

In the end I'm very glad that I bought this game. I'm actually in the middle of playing it again right now.

One thing I noticed (again) is that the music during the minigame (hovercraft race) is way too loud (dangerous to your health eardrum exploding level) and can't be tuned down (if you do and then crash it's back on full volume). So I take the headphone off during that. I don't have any means of volume control other than software...