PDA

View Full Version : Are the series really funny?

Aetius
01-02-2010, 05:55 AM
I have read and seen some quotes from the games an i did not laugh at all. I found one quote funny but just smiled.

Basically are the jokes easy enough to understand and are they actually funny for the average person i.e the average gamer?

I don't want to buy the series and just feel like all i am hearing are lame jokes. By the way, it takes a lot for me to laugh. However any British/BBC comedy shows i will most likely absolutely love. British humour is just perfect! I do not find many American comedies funny at all. Two and a half men is not funny, yet somehow still entertaining. I found the earlier seasons of family guy funny though. Just letting you guys know my tastes.

Any thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Felzorz
01-02-2010, 07:54 AM
The best way to find out whether you like it is to play it, epidode 104:Lincoln must die! is free, try it, if you don't like it then don't buy it.

Aetius
01-02-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm only asking because i have nearly reached my usage cap for the period ending in 7 days. I can only read and watch, mainly read since videos use quite a bit of download.

st9ler
01-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Yes. Funny as hell. I died 99999 times on season one. Tho i heard that season two is not so good... cause of scenario writer of S2 was off.

JoeB
01-07-2010, 08:01 AM
I have both seasons too from the Christmas sale. Season 1 has been hilarious so far. It seems to make its appeal using both satirical humour (including references to pop culture) as well as more basic forms such as puns. If you're a gamer, you'll probably LOVE Season 1 - Episode 5 but be sure to play the episodes in order as they do lead into eachother.

I have yet to try Season 2 yet though (I'm currently on the final episode of Season 1 so far.

jj212p
03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Its definitely a more dry humor. I thought they were great, i especially liked how the jokes built on each game, so it helps to play them in order.

snotyay
05-04-2010, 10:58 AM
its as funny as the old the cartoon series, sam is voiced by bowser :D

samfisherand
05-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Bosco!!! Best. Character. EVER!

Seriously, I can't get enough of Bosco. If Bosco can't make you laugh, or at least giggle, then...you've got problems =P