PDA

View Full Version : Does steam accept debit cards

bcooper56
01-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Im wondering i seen vsia and all but so does that mean they only accept debit cards from ones listed like visa and master card.

Viva La Dillon
01-03-2010, 05:09 PM
They take debit yes.

Directx10
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Yup they always take mine

bcooper56
01-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Yup they always take mine

Ya but what if you don't have there visa or master. Where is option for other?

Europhoria
01-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Ya but what if you don't have there visa or master. Where is option for other?

They won't take Maestro or whatever it's called. They'll take a whole bunch of cards like American Express, Diners Club, Click 'n Buy etc.

bcooper56
01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
They won't take Maestro or whatever it's called. They'll take a whole bunch of cards like American Express, Diners Club, Click 'n Buy etc.

Are any of those offered in Canada? Im trying to get one i can get not sure if American express or alot are here.

tibetanpunk
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Are any of those offered in Canada? Im trying to get one i can get not sure if American express or alot are here.

I use a VISA Electron, which is a VISA debit card. Accounts are pretty easy to set up on either a current or savings account with most banks.

This is in the UK though.

Justin K.
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I use a Visa debit. Only problem ever was steam charged me twice for CSS when it was 54 a month ago.

bcooper56
01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I use a VISA Electron, which is a VISA debit card. Accounts are pretty easy to set up on either a current or savings account with most banks.

This is in the UK though.

Ya ill most likely go with visa.

Europhoria
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM

I don't know about Click 'n Buy, but just about everything else should be available in Canada. You of course have to be over 18 (don't know about Canada) to have a credit/debit card unless you buy a VISA/Mastercard gift card which you can use here too. The best advice I can give you is to link your bank account with your Paypal account to make purchases.

DoubleD
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
All your answers are on the support site.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-WEJC-2625#acceptedforms

L.o.D.
01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
A debit card from say RBC or TD Canada Trust are not accepted as they don't offer Interac for us.
But you can use your bank account via paypal, which is almost the same as Interac when paypal is set properly.

Here you go.
http://www.visa.ca/en/merchant/products/visa-debit/index.jsp

tukimoshi
02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
A debit card from say RBC or TD Canada Trust are not accepted as they don't offer Interac for us.
But you can use your bank account via paypal, which is almost the same as Interac when paypal is set properly.

Here you go.
http://www.visa.ca/en/merchant/products/visa-debit/index.jsp

Sorry to necro but I figure not worth a new thread to ask.
What do you mean TD doesn't offer interac? Also, PayPal says it takes 3-5 days to add money onto it from debit. When I try to pay through PayPal using my debit, it says to add a debit/credit as back-up in-case the payment fails (As apparently I can't make instantaneous payments?)

I just want to be able to use my damn Debit Card. >:(

L.o.D.
02-26-2011, 08:59 AM
I was referring to using the cards with steam.
If your paypal account already has the funds, it won't take days.
Some people have claimed to instantly pay when their paypal account is linked to their bank account, but I have not seen evidence of that as it does not happen for me.

ozgeek
02-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Adding my bit of confirmation.

Yes you can. I have http://mycanvascard.com/ for a couple years. works fine on steam. Infact Steam sees it as a credit card.

If I don't have enough money to pay for games, Steam will just simply tell me "Insufficent funds" and no games. If I go to reload more money on the card and try again, it's a sucess and I get the game on my steam account of 6 years.

I've gone through 2 of this kind of cards.

L.o.D.
02-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Of course it sees those as a credit card. That is due to the cards being issued by VISA.