PDA

View Full Version : what is with the weapons and armor?

CryoTerror
01-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I've been noticing some of the weapons on CS:S are overpowered or somehow,its bull♥♥♥♥ that the other weapons besides the AK or M16 (which are the most overpowered)are like BB guns to be exact,when i use my TMP and hit the guy 20x in the head,it does jack♥♥♥♥ but noooo...when a guy shoots in the foot once u die which is utter bull♥♥♥♥:rolleyes:.i would like to see the weapons to be more balanced for gameplay.the armor is just cardboard by comparison of today's millitary grade kevlar,plz make the armor stronger so players dont die like lemmings(a reference to a game where u had direct these little creatures to safety but they died easily).in CoD:MW i dont have to worry about getting one hit KO'd shot in the foot which doesn't make sense at all,i just have to watch out for a guy with a RPG.i bet dozens of people are buggered about this as much as i am as a gamer.i would like to see some of this bull♥♥♥♥ fixed or a have a mod released fixing the problem of the overpowered weapons and the cardboard armor.plus the helmets are useless against headshots.:(

ActionDragon
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I've made a mod that fixes the overpowered (and underpowered) weapons, but I've no idea what you mean with cardboard armor. Most of the things you said show that you aren't very experienced with the game (like the mention of M16), and have a lack of patience. Shots to legs aren't very powerful, and the kevlar protects well against most weapons. Also without a helmet most weapons kill you with one shot to the head at close range so helmet does increase your life span.

Kidrage
01-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I doubt you got 20 headsots that actually hit, sure you shot, doesn't mean it landed. I would like to know what gun are you talking about when you shoot in the foot once, they die. Only one I'm thinking possible is awp, and I don't think it will kill one foot shot.

Yes you don't have to worry about this stuff is CoD, but in this game we don't have to worry about leveling in a fps, and trying to camp our score out.

Only thing I'm bothered with about this game might be the hitboxes, or hdr.

dejavecue
01-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Unlike most first person shootes, Counter Strike has a very strong recoil in some weapons (the mentioned TMP for example!) - thus, you may shoot 20 times at someone's head, that does not mean the bullets actually go there! You have to counter-act the recoil which is different for every gun. For example, the M4 pulls up almost vertically while the AK recoils toward the upper left!

Also, try playing COD:MW in Hardcore Mode please! Apart from the fact that it is the only fun part of the game (ok ok, graphics and sound are really awesome, but story mode and "normal" MP don't do it for me somehow) you will notice that - oh gosh - two hits out of the most weapons kill. And hell, that is not only fun but rather realistic!

that other guy
01-04-2010, 04:50 AM
wait how long have you been playing cs:s or cs for that mater, since the AR-14(m16) is not in any of the games it is the AR-15 (m4), and there is no way that either the ak or AR-15 are overpowerd and you must have very bad aim to shoot someone with the tmp 20x and not kill him serriously the tmp is the best one of the best smgs in the game its nearly as good as the mp5 also the recoil on the guns is nothing less of managable so you should realise you are not playing ♥♥♥♥ of duty thus you cant spray and millitary grade kevlar will not save your life if someone shoots you in the head

netygraph
01-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah you are probably missing most shots. Even without recoil weapons in CSS are incredibly unaccurate.

ActionDragon
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Even without recoil weapons in CSS are incredibly unaccurate.
That's not true. At least the rifles are too accurate when the too big head hitboxes are taken into account. In CS 1.6 it's much better.

Shadrik
01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
...since the AR-14(m16) is not in any of the games it is the AR-15 (m4)...

Beeing a smartass, your doing it wrong.

There is no AR-14, at least not connected to the Colt AR-15 Series. Both M4 and M16 are AR-15 based weapons. Besides, the weapon in the game is actually not the M4 (fixed loop handle) but the M4A1 (detachable loop handle). Rivetcounting FTW.

CryoTerror
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
well i figured buying the kevlar would protect from most bullets instead of me dying with 0 health and 100% armor which i found ridicolous.the weapon i got one hit-KO shot in the foot with was the AK look alike.the TMP is actually supposed to be more accurate than the Uzi and had shot the guy 20x in the upper body.when i have enough funds,i usually buy high-end weapons but they dont meet up to their expectations but the M249 is probaly the most realistic weapon for my standards,that thing is practically a gatling gun,anyways back to what i was saying about the high end weapons i buy,when their not meeting up to their expectations,i ditch for a better enemy weapon cause i usually play terrorist but when i go CT i get the Tmp for my reliabilty on it,anyways,i was low on cash so i bought the dual pistols then i picked a CT's rifle and it kicked ♥♥♥,it wasn't recoiling on me until i got ganged up on by two jack@$$ players.the kevlar is whats ticking me off mainly cause its supposed to protect u from the noobcannon weapons,i got shot in the gut by a Desert Eagle,and it was a one-hit KO,but see a Desert eagle is a 357. (and since the in HL series the 357. magnum is the most powerful pistol in the game)but it still wouldnt account but the Desert eagle is a powerful pistol in CoD too.i have been playing at least 3 weeks of Cs:s but at least u dont need some other things in CS:S like a grenade detector,in CS:S,Grenades are nosy as hell.all i just wanted is some of the stuff tone down like the AK and the M4A1 and the armor upgraded to be stronger

that other guy
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Beeing a smartass, your doing it wrong.

There is no AR-14, at least not connected to the Colt AR-15 Series. Both M4 and M16 are AR-15 based weapons. Besides, the weapon in the game is actually not the M4 (fixed loop handle) but the M4A1 (detachable loop handle). Rivetcounting FTW.

well i never realised that the colt serries m16 was AR-15 based

also actiondragon you cs 1.6 airconditioned youth :D

Kidrage
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry, but I don't believe you killed someone with one bullet to the foot with an AK. Post a pic of your console next time that happens. And still, the 20 bullets from a tmp landing is a dead player, no way they're living from that.

spooksmagee
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Kevlar in CS:S is really only useful for grenades and protecting against headshots. As already mentioned, some guns will not kill you in one shot to the head if you have full kevlar on. (The m4 for example only does about 89 to a helmet).

Also OP, in the future please use paragraphs when posting. It makes it easier to read, not to mention people tend to react adversely to giant walls of text.

CryoTerror
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
its just kinda of non-canon to most fps weapons that are based on real world weapons,kevlar nowadays can stop a pistol and ak shell

Aurora|XT
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
No, a kevlar vest won't stop an "AK shell".

Flak jacket might, but you don't wear those in CS:S.

Duke Something
03-29-2010, 10:32 PM
well i figured buying the kevlar would protect from most bullets instead of me dying with 0 health and 100% armor which i found ridicolous.the weapon i got one hit-KO shot in the foot with was the AK look alike.the TMP is actually supposed to be more accurate than the Uzi and had shot the guy 20x in the upper body.when i have enough funds,i usually buy high-end weapons but they dont meet up to their expectations but the M249 is probaly the most realistic weapon for my standards,that thing is practically a gatling gun,anyways back to what i was saying about the high end weapons i buy,when their not meeting up to their expectations,i ditch for a better enemy weapon cause i usually play terrorist but when i go CT i get the Tmp for my reliabilty on it,anyways,i was low on cash so i bought the dual pistols then i picked a CT's rifle and it kicked ♥♥♥,it wasn't recoiling on me until i got ganged up on by two jack@$$ players.the kevlar is whats ticking me off mainly cause its supposed to protect u from the noobcannon weapons,i got shot in the gut by a Desert Eagle,and it was a one-hit KO,but see a Desert eagle is a 357. (and since the in HL series the 357. magnum is the most powerful pistol in the game)but it still wouldnt account but the Desert eagle is a powerful pistol in CoD too.i have been playing at least 3 weeks of Cs:s but at least u dont need some other things in CS:S like a grenade detector,in CS:S,Grenades are nosy as hell.all i just wanted is some of the stuff tone down like the AK and the M4A1 and the armor upgraded to be stronger

the AK is a guaranteed one shot headshot kill. this is well known by almost all CS players. the M4 does about 90dmg in the head when the target has a helmet.

And the deagle is a .50 cal weapon in this game. also the desert eagle comes in many calibers (in real life).

also I have Ace'd an entire team with a tmp with ALL headshots. if you want a SS i have the text clipped from the console because of A. how rare it is to ACE 7 ppl. B. because i did it with a tmp. and C. because they were all Headshots.

SS here (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9544/pwndthewholeteam.png)

every weapon is decent in CS except the AWP. that is the only weapon that i just refuse to play against. the server i played in a bunch had the BEST (and i mean the BEST) scouters to be had. I scrimmed with 2 of them and they were HS'ing the AWP'ers with their scouts and spamming "lolumad?" it was OMFG Haxorz.

anyway just keep practicing and look on youtube for tutorial vids. coming in here and ranting doesnt do you any good. and all you will get is flamed.

ActionDragon
03-30-2010, 02:16 AM
No, a kevlar vest won't stop an "AK shell".

Flak jacket might, but you don't wear those in CS:S.
No, you got it wrong. A kevlar vest stops an AK bullet if it has at least a IIIa rating (enough layers). Newer materials like Dyneema/Spectra give better protection than Kevlar, but they lose effectiveness faster as time passes.

A flak jacket is just that, a flak jacket, not a bullet proof vest. It doesn't stop bullets.

Edit: Anyway even if a vest can stop a bullet that doesn't mean that you're immune to damage. All but heavy level IV and up vests are soft material that bend when hit. So even if a shot doesn't penetrate the vest, the vest might bend so much that it breaks your internal organs and bones.

Aurora|XT
03-30-2010, 03:17 AM
No, you got it wrong. A kevlar vest stops an AK bullet if it has at least a IIIa rating (enough layers). Newer materials like Dyneema/Spectra give better protection than Kevlar, but they lose effectiveness faster as time passes.

I was clearly referring to the "soft vest" which the CTs/Ts use - this cannot stop a rifle bullet.

Adding other materials generally makes it into a "flak jacket", a much bulkier but more protective armour.

A flak jacket is just that, a flak jacket, not a bullet proof vest. It doesn't stop bullets.

From wiki: A flak jacket or flak vest is a form of protective clothing designed to provide protection from shrapnel and other indirect low velocity projectiles. Today it frequently refers to bulletproof vests, particularly Type III and above, which have added steel, titanium, ceramic or polyethylene plates which can withstand high-powered rounds such as those from rifles.

Oh look; the internet disagrees with you.

Edit: Anyway even if a vest can stop a bullet that doesn't mean that you're immune to damage. All but heavy level IV and up vests are soft material that bend when hit. So even if a shot doesn't penetrate the vest, the vest might bend so much that it breaks your internal organs and bones.

Really? :/

Falien
03-30-2010, 07:56 AM
1. OP, you probably just suck at the game.
2. The m4 and AK are pretty much the the two team's main weapons. Of course they're overused/ possibly overpowered.

3. You seem to have never joined a game where someone dominates an entire team using a Fiveseven or TMP.

4. Pubs don't count. Multiple people are spraying at you; that little 1-foot-shot-dead thing was most likely done because you were already damaged and didn't realize it.

5. Just because your reticle is on their head doesn't mean the bullets are going there.

Falien
03-30-2010, 07:58 AM

Lol, did you just say that you'll break a bone from kevlar bending?

Oh lawdy!

ActionDragon
03-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Adding other materials generally makes it into a "flak jacket", a much bulkier but more protective armour.

oh look; the internet disagrees with you.
Based on my military experience I'd say that flak jacket is just the light armor capable of protecting against shrapnel. A flak jacket isn't bulky until you add into it the plates from a bullet proof vest turning it into ballistic body armor. I wouldn't call it just a flak jacket anymore after that.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/ActionDragon/RL/Itsme.jpg
Here's me with a flak jacket that has an added level III plate in the front.

Oh lawdy!
Yes, a friend of mine broke some rib bones when he was using a IIa level body armor and was shot at with a 9mm.

Duke Something
03-30-2010, 05:11 PM

Oh lawdy!

the energy a bullet imparts on body armor is comparable to some one hitting you with a ballpeen hammer (WITHOUT armor) broken bones are a serious concern, your still alive but not unscathed.

gamezombie
03-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Unlike most first person shootes, Counter Strike has a very strong recoil in some weapons (the mentioned TMP for example!) - thus, you may shoot 20 times at someone's head, that does not mean the bullets actually go there! You have to counter-act the recoil which is different for every gun. For example, the M4 pulls up almost vertically while the AK recoils toward the upper left!
Also the dualies have no recoil that you can see but if you shoot fast enough the shoots go higher then your aiming

CryoTerror
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Kevlar in CS:S is really only useful for grenades and protecting against headshots. As already mentioned, some guns will not kill you in one shot to the head if you have full kevlar on. (The m4 for example only does about 89 to a helmet).

Also OP, in the future please use paragraphs when posting. It makes it easier to read, not to mention people tend to react adversely to giant walls of text.

so "supposed" kevlar vests are just ♥♥♥♥ing flak jackets that doesnt do ♥♥♥♥ against bullets;although some noobs spam nades like crazy (which is ridicoulus).if we wanted flak jackets,we could just asked for them

geoxile
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I think the vest protects more against pistols and SMGs. Rifles not so much though it does reduce damage.

kalirion
04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Seth.Sekhmet
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
you need to practice more.

the only underpowered weapon weapon is the HE Grenade, which does quite little damage compared to what a grenade could do.

also, do you shoot in bursts or just keep the Fire button pressed ? The best way to fire most weapons is via controlled and aimed bursts, which might drop even a player with armor.

PRACTICE MORE !

TheDonKing
04-29-2010, 03:13 PM
You referenced MW2 as a source of balance?

arisaka
04-29-2010, 09:57 PM

Kevlar doesn't protect against legs. Kevlar does protect against everything. (EDIT: It may be just me, but I swear that kevlar takes off 1 or 2 points of damage with kevlar when shot in the chest)
Deagle is never 1 hit except head.
Kevlar does matter a lot.
Deagle is .50 or .44, I believe.