PDA

View Full Version : New OS! (Need install help)

geekloser
01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I bought Windows 7 and I was wondering if I needed to get into my Vista to Install it or can I just install it from my computer. My vista is corrupt and freezes every now and then so Id like not do have Vista running while I install Windows 7. Any thing I need to know?

Fuzz Bucket
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Just put the disk in, boot from it, and try to follow the instructions. Make sure you have backed up any data that you need.

geekloser
01-05-2010, 11:04 PM
I dont WANT any data from Vista so no backups. So how do I boot from CD?

Bad_Motha
01-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Bootup, insert the Windows7 DVD, boot to the DVD. It's that simple.
Should be a hotkey (F key) that allow you to load a boot menu at which you can select the drive to boot from.

Or go into your BIOS and set it up to boot from the CD/DVD drive before it tries to boot to your HDD.

If you're not concerned about any of the data of your Vista drive, once the Windows7 setup comes up, select your hard drive from the list, click Delete (to delete any current partitions), then click NEXT, it will then format your hard drive and proceed to install Windows7.

ellusion
01-06-2010, 01:43 AM
You'll have to select Custom (http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/22304d1249849742-custom-install-windows-7-step6.jpg) install, which is the second option presented. From there you can do as Bad_Motha recommends.