PDA

View Full Version : Graphic issues - AA, V-Sync etc.

Lumirel
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I have encountered two major graphic problems in Divinity 2 so far.. And I kinda count them as annoying more than gamebreaking.

1)First is AA which does not work on my computer. As I read on some sites, for some people it does work, for some not. Some might have luck forcing it, some do not. In my case I can not even force it. - Ati Sapphire 5870 1GB, Windows 7 64

Only option I heard of for dealing with this was forcing it with drivers or with setting AA in game to 1x, applying it and then setting it to the one you want. But non of those helped me in this case.

2)Another one was absence of typical V-sync, even that the game has two graphical options which should deal with that.

Timeslice Animation Update and Timeslice Shadow Update - some people advice to put off one of those two and then on, or both off and go in game and then put them on. If it does not work, you might wanna try forcing it with either drivers or D3DOverrider (worked for me) which is part of RivaTuner etc.

If you have either encountered another graphic issue or solved one of above in another way, it would be nice to share it.

milkweg
01-10-2010, 05:17 AM
I have both time slice options off because I don't even know what they do and that is how it was setup by default. What are they? Animation levels or what?

fran24
03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
I have nvidia and force V-Sync from the nvidia control panel.
It works fine although for some reason sometimes it loses it.
It goes off while I'm playing.
To have it back on I just need to stop and restart the game from te last save.

Kotep
03-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Time slice options have to do with how often the shadows and animations move. When they're off, they run at full speed, but when on, they run at a lower framerate. I actually had a significant performance increase by turning on the shadows option.