PDA

View Full Version : How can I have a refund for this game?

Ziraw
01-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I have bought this game, but I have not seen that this game have DRM, so could any one tell me how can I have a refund from steam? Thanks.

skullman86
01-10-2010, 11:05 AM
create a steam support ticket and explain why you want it refunded

dunno if it'll happen though

Bishop7
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
So did GTA4 with windows online.
Did you get that?
Waste of a good game, but yea, that's how you do it.

Ardbug
01-10-2010, 11:19 AM
so could any one tell me how can I have a refund from steam? Thanks.

Click "support" in the top left portion of this browser window, then click "your question" on the new tab that opens up just below the link you just clicked.

oto niel
01-10-2010, 11:30 AM
open a ticket stating that they didn't have any kind of warnings about the game's additional drm.

your chances are slim but it's happened in the past on that same basis.

Fozzy the bear
01-10-2010, 11:33 AM
open a ticket stating that they didn't have any kind of warnings about the game's additional drm.

your chances are slim but it's happened in the past on that same basis.

Maybe instead of patronizing the consumer, you can empathize with them a little more. Or guess what? Maybe you should listen to the consumer and get rid of DRM?

Look, I realize you are from Russia and you guys are new to the whole capitalist way of doing business. But how you guys do business there doesn't work to well here in the States.

oto niel
01-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Maybe instead of patronizing the consumer, you can empathize with them a little more. Or guess what? Maybe you should listen to the consumer and get rid of DRM?

Look, I realize you are from Russia and you guys are new to the whole capitalist way of doing business. But how you guys do business there doesn't work to well here in the States.

errr... you weren't talking to me, were you? :confused:

stinkfinger
01-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Seriously, wake up, your grief is with Steam. They have complete control over the store, and misinformation is the fault of theirs not the game maker.

The game maker has no access to the store site or the descriptions found there.

It's not like Steam "didn't know" what they were offering.

But I am sure they did know the reaction they would get, thus the omission.

Murdats
01-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Seriously, wake up, your grief is with Steam. They have complete control over the store, and misinformation is the fault of theirs not the game maker

unless the game maker fed misinformation to steam. steam deals with a lot of games, it relies on the publisher to give it details like min specs, descriptions, price, release dates and so on.

thats why almost every piece of misinformation on the steam store has been the fault of the publisher

The game maker has no access to the store site or the descriptions found there.

It's not like Steam "didn't know" what they were offering
yes, they do, the description comes from the 'game maker', steam probably didn't know because they don't and shouldn't be expected to research the statements given by the people who are meant to be selling the game

stinkfinger
01-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Ok, I hear you, and I really don't know "how" Steam operates on that level.

Again from my experience, that would be a pretty poor SOP. It obviously leaves legal holes. I find it hard to believe that Steam would be so sloppy so to say, but anything can happen.

If so, again shame on Steam for being so lazy not to do proper research about "ALL" the products they are going to sell. The proof is in the pudding in regard to the trouble this lack of communication is.

Here is a very crude analogy... bear with me.

I sell you some "mary-jane" that I got from some other dude that says its primo. You get home and open a bag of oregano and get so pissed!

Hey don't get mad at me I am just the middleman, that "other" guy that I got it from said it was good. I took his word, laid my rep on the line, and now am going to get a black eye because I CANT CHECK MY PRODUCT BEFORE RESELLING IT.

Steam saying "I dunno, that's what they said it was" in this regard is a "loophole/cop-out".

Murdats
01-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Ok, I hear you, and I really don't know "how" Steam operates on that level.

Again from my experience, that would be a pretty poor SOP. It obviously leaves legal holes. I find it hard to believe that Steam would be so sloppy so to say, but anything can happen.

If so, again shame on Steam for being so lazy not to do proper research about "ALL" the products they are going to sell. The proof is in the pudding in regard to the trouble this lack of communication is.

Here is a very crude analogy... bear with me.

I sell you some "mary-jane" that I got from some other dude that says its primo. You get home and open a bag of oregano and get so jarateed!

Hey don't get mad at me I am just the middleman, that "other" guy that I got it from said it was good. I took his word, laid my rep on the line, and now am going to get a black eye because I CANT CHECK MY PRODUCT BEFORE RESELLING IT.

standard operating procedure for any retailer, online or not is that the distributer/publisher knows about their product, you use their information for your advertising. in brick and mortor retail, thats generally the box of the product, in online retail its paste the description and image they provide (ie. their box)

if you run an online computer parts store (of which there are many) are you going to research thoroughly every product you stock? if so enjoy greatly dimished profits from hiring someone just to verify if those who actually distribute the product said for the rare error or deception.

stinkfinger
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
greatly dimished profits from hiring someone just to verify if those who actually distribute the product said for the rare error or deception.

Yes that was part of my job description at one point, it was viewed as proactive asset protection. I'm not talking documentation of every bug, but hey DRM is not a side note, its a major component. Like wheels on a car at this point.

saf
01-11-2010, 10:39 AM
I have bought this game, but I have not seen that this game have DRM, so could any one tell me how can I have a refund from steam? Thanks.

I think that the main issue here is - does the customer law in your country entitle you a refund.

Where Im from it say nope no prop with DRM.

Enjoy your game :D

Yes I have the game nothing to be alarmed about I have to add.

Ardbug
01-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Where Im from it say nope no prop with DRM.

Enjoy your game :D

The issue is not the DRM, he wanted the refund because it wasnt advertised on the store page, wich is a fair complaint.

saf
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
The issue is not the DRM, he wanted the refund because it wasnt advertised on the store page, wich is a fair complaint.

Ok understand, thx, but are Steam in anyway bound to inform about these matters. Im just asking because where Im from even if I filed a case through the customer law office they will not be able to assist me as I "the customer" have full access to the software.

There are cases of complaints where local offices have informed dev houses about those issues and reminded them, that customers should be able to have access to software if anything should happen .

I feel sorry for him but would it not be better to try and enjoy the sim instead.

Yes, could be Im from another planet :D but I have never seen it as an issue anyway

Ardbug
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Actually I have only known Valve to be very fair with their refunds, even when the release date of Tropico 3 was pushed back for the umpteenth time, Valve still provided refunds to anyone asking for it.

Ziraw
01-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I've asked to steam for the refund, thanks. I hope they give me the refund because Steam never warn me about any DRM.

Incognito_gbg
01-12-2010, 02:43 AM
I would definitely have demanded a refund if I had bought the game without correct information, no matter how fun the game might be. When you put your entire pc game collection in the hands of Valve and Steam, as I have, one must be able to trust them. With issues like this, it seems you canīt.

Some issues are more important than one game, especially when you already have 40 other games.

Ziraw
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I got the refund "I think" because I don't have Wings of Prey in my Steam games collections anymore, I will check my credit card later, thanks :)

1337gamers
11-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Most people want refunds because this game makes you use a different launcher for their own games. Steam is incompatible with launching this game due to its poor design that it needs 2 launchers.
1. the steam launcher
2. the DRM launcher