PDA

View Full Version : GPF/Runtime Error related to running in fullscreen

k4rma
01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Upon launching KF in fullscreen mode, it automatically throws up an error: USUALLY a Visual C++ Runtime Error, the application has requested the runtime terminate it in an unusual way.
I've also seen the following GPF a few times when launching in fullscreen:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3423 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (716)

General protection fault!

History: ResetDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Now, if I start the game in windowed mode, it loads up just fine. However, any attempt to change to fullscreen mode, whether it be checking the box on the settings menu, clicking the maximize button on the game window, or pressing alt+enter leads to an error similar to the following, though each is slightly different depending on which method I used to try to full-screen.

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3423 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (716)

History: ResetDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- APlayerController::execConsoleCommand <- (UT2K4VideoChangeOK Package.UT2K4VideoChangeOK @ Function GUI2K4.UT2K4VideoChangeOK.ChangeResolution : 02AF) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (moCheckBox Package.moCheckBox @ Function XInterface.GUIMenuOption.InternalOnChange : 0035) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (GUICheckBoxButton Package.GUICheckBoxButton @ Function XInterface.GUIGFXButton.InternalOnClick : 0023) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (moCheckBox Package.moCheckBox, Function XInterface.moCheckBox.InternalClick) <- UObject::ProcessDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUICheckBoxButton Package.GUICheckBoxButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

My native resolution is 1920x1200, which is what I'm attempting to run the game in. Attempting to change the resolution from the settings menu also generates another unique GPF, which I'll post if requested.

My specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4ghz
ATI Radeon HD4870, driver version 09.12
8gb of DDR2 800, no page file
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I've already tried verifying the game integrity and defragging everything, to no avail. I'm fairly sure it's not the video drivers, as KF had been working fine up until today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

byeriptor
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I've got the same problem. Game just hardlocks when I start it op in fullscreen mode.

mark
01-13-2010, 06:04 AM
I have the exact same problem, on xp mind.

My native res is 1920x1080..

Changing the res in any way will crash the game with a similar error to the one in the OP.

Could the problem be grounded in the ATI drivers maybe? I also have an ATI card (a 4600 series :()

byeriptor
01-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Geforce 8800GTX here, so not only related to ATI cards ;)

Dragonin
03-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Same thing hapens to me man, annoying

" Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ -2363 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (7519)

Error setting display mode: No fullscreen display modes found (D3D_OK). Please delete your KillingFloor.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::ToggleFullscreen <- WM_SYSCOMMAND <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
"

Nvidia 9600GT here

Gamer_Kought
03-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I too, am now getting C++ Runtime Errors occasionally in Killing Floor. I never had these until I switched to Windows 7...

Riiya932
05-23-2010, 06:20 AM
got the same error now. Got the game yesterday, today it started showing up. already tried to reinstall the game, didn't help.

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2600 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

ultio
05-23-2010, 12:08 PM
I too, am now getting C++ Runtime Errors occasionally in Killing Floor. I never had these until I switched to Windows 7...

Me too, that's actually the reason why I stopped playing Killing Floor half a year ago. Just yesterday I started it up again, because my brother asked me if I knew a cool co-op game. I wanted to show him Killing Floor, hoping that all the Runtime Error crashes have been fixed, but unfortunately the game still crashes a lot. I mean, come on Tripwire. You've done such a great job with all the new content in the past, now just fix the game for Windows 7 64-Bit! The game ran great on Windows XP, I'd love to see it like that again.

Yoshiro
05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
There is no specific problems with the game running on windows 7 64 bit as far as we can tell. Everybody is the office runs it with no issue.

You can try changing the rendering mode to d3d 8.1 for those getting direct X 9 related errors in the killingfloor.ini file.