PDA

View Full Version : Partitions?

smitysmit
01-12-2010, 03:25 PM
ok i have 750 gig on my hard drive and it has like 350 gig on c and 360 gig on D but with all the games c is getting a bit full, is their any way i can get rid of D and just have 750 gig on C?

spore aditced
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
i would get a new drive then move your games to it i have like 5 drives full of games i do not use c drive for games.

smitysmit
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
i would get a new drive then move your games to it i have like 5 drives full of games i do not use c drive for games.i dont really plan on getting any new hardware for my pc as since christmas its had 3 new graphics cards and a new psu XD i spent all my money on graphics card.

Verminus
01-12-2010, 03:48 PM
There are many tools that would allow you to resize and or merge partitions, but without somewhere to backup/copy your data you will probably have a very hard time not loosing it.

simplest way without doing a complete reinstall would be to backup/copy any data from D you wanted to keep then delete the partition, then resize/grow the C partition to fill the entire drive. I believe the tools in windows can manage this