PDA

View Full Version : Crashing at the license explanation

robotrevolution
01-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66
4 gb RAM
32-bit Vista
1 gig radeon 3870x2

I get into the game, log in to EA, sit through the boring ♥♥♥, unskippable intro with the woman speaking, skip the picture (I turned off the webcam in the settings because it kept freezing there).

After the DJ guy tells me some crap about the license I have, the game freezes. Every time. I've tried changing settings, updating drivers, etc. Nothing works.

Why the hell can't I play a game without going through all this license crap? Gah. I'm gonna go back to MW2 for now.

Anyone have any ideas? Or is Burnout another Steam malfunction?

Sirmrclark
01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I have the exact same problem. Contacted support, but their suggestions of running the game with no other programs running and reinstalling were as useless as they sound.

I've got a Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
64- bit Vista Ultimate
Radeon 4870 512MB

I can get into gameplay if I go through the party mode, but there isn't much to do there.

And I'm pretty sick of the unskippable video intro.

I'll update here if I get a ♥♥♥♥ion from EA support that actually works, but don't hold your breath.

UberMudkipz
01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Same problem here, and i have a thread up, and i have contacted EA... ill post here if i get a response (VERY unlikely)

pflammertsma
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I've exchanged several e-mails with EA concerning this problem. A brief Google search reveals Burnout's crashing to desktop is fairly common under Windows 7.

Nevertheless, I followed the customer support representative's instructions verbatim without success. I should mention, however, that the game does occasionally run.

The original Dutch response from EA:
Aangezien het spel eerder uit was dan Windows 7 is het spel nog niet helemaal compatible met windows 7.

Ik had verwacht om het op te lossen met alle onderstaande stappen. Helaas is dit niet zo.

Wij zijn hier nog mee bezig, met nieuwe patches. Onze excuses.

Translation of EA's response:
Due to the game being released before Windows 7, it is not entirely compatible.

I had expected to resolve the problem with all the steps below [omitted, ed.]. Unfortunately that wasn't so.

We are still working on this with new patches. Our apologies.

I suppose there's some hope for a fix from EA.

Sirmrclark
04-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I've given up on their support ever finding a solution. After a series of suggestions that didn't work, they eventually closed my question and told me to open a new one if i was still having problems. I opened a new one and referred to the original and they asked me for all of the information that i already gave them in the original. When I mentioned this, they said that it looked like the same issue that i had already reported, and that they would close the new issue and I should update the old one, which i no longer could because they closed it.

An extremely frustrating process, not to mention that it took them forever between responses.

The game looks like it is really fun, if I could only just play it.