PDA

View Full Version : Possible to install all steam games at once?

freeloo
01-16-2010, 12:09 AM
I just formatted my computer so I'm having to click through every single game in my Steam list, let it create the local cache, then clicking finish before being able to start the next. This is extremely time consuming. Is there no method to install EVERYTHING in your Steam list at once?

SanguS
01-16-2010, 12:13 AM
....so much space

Matt
01-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Dont think so.

freeloo
01-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Dont think so.

They should really add that option. After you've started a few downloads, the next ones take a lot longer to cache. Now I'm at 5 minutes caching per game...

sweetbeard
01-16-2010, 12:22 AM
I doubt this is a big problem.. most of us have way to many games to fit on our computers.. And your computer would be so slow trying to create all the game files and downloading "ALL" your games it wouldn't make much sense..

psychodude
01-16-2010, 01:45 AM
I think it'd be a nice option to, just being able to select multiple games with control select or do a select all for all at once would be great.

Even if someone might not want to install all at once, they might still want to install 10 games for example; and doing that in 1 set of clicks or doing that in 10 set of clicks spread out over about 30-60 minutes make a lot of difference.

And I know exactly what you mean with how annoying slow it gets, whilst the rest of your computer tends to run fine steam's caching is taking loads of time.

It took me practically 2 days to get the caching done that way on the game I bought during the xmas sales, pretty annoying to say by the least indeed.

And if my hdd would ever crash and I'd need to reinstall it all again, it's double the amount of games so make it roughly 3-4 days.

chaparral02
01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
And if my hdd would ever crash and I'd need to reinstall it all again, it's double the amount of games so make it roughly 3-4 days.Just keep a copy of your steam folder on a backup drive....;)

This way you can reinstall all your steam games again in no time just by copying the steam folder from the backup drive to a replacement drive..