PDA

View Full Version : Account needed?

Jani666
01-26-2010, 01:20 PM
"Internet connection needed" that is OK, I have one, but do I really have to create another fu…ing online account just to play the singleplayer mission?
I don’t want that.
Can I get into the game without that crap?

Tummynomnom
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Officially the answer is no. But yeah you can.

Jani666
01-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Fine :)
Can you give me a hint or a pm please?
I havenīt registered Company of heroes either, I just first installed Opposing Fronts.

Flashsight
01-27-2010, 07:29 AM
Unplug your Ethernet cable after starting the game.

Jani666
01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Thank you. :)
"Internet connection needed", wrong - no connection is needed to play the game. This is so stupid.
I often ask myself if these gaming companies are working for us or against us.

Insomnia80
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Uh great, so i have to disconnect every time to play just without the onlinecrap, what a waste of money.

THQ/Relic-Game right? next time i think double before i buy a game of these guys -.-

EllEzDee
01-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Uh great, so i have to disconnect every time to play just without the onlinecrap, what a waste of money.

THQ/Relic-Game right? next time i think double before i buy a game of these guys -.-

Did you just resurrect a year old thread to add no input? Yea, maybe next time you should look a little closer before buying a game, since you clearly lack the mental capacity to read.

Insomnia80
01-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes, i pushed it so people like me who take a look at the first page of the Forum before buy can see this "feature".
I took a very close look to the first page of both forum pages of the games and the shopsite, nothing to see about "be online for singelplayer".

But thanks for your [censored by Steam] which says - hmm says what.. read 30+ Forumsites before you buy a game cause a publisher can get such stupid ideas and donīt mention it on the shopside? Or hey itīs a four year old game compilation for 2,50€, sure that we need to force you to be online to get patches you already get through steam?

PaiSand
01-04-2011, 11:52 AM
No matter I agree with you that this information should be noticeable on the game shop page, you are over reacting. There is no harm on register an account on THQ/Relic. Actually, if you need support or want to play on-line you need an account there.

Just don't over react. Worst are those games (including CoH) that force you to install without checking a program you already have, like DirectX. Non of this games told what are the requirements on software (DX, .net, etc.-).

Novodantis
01-09-2011, 08:29 PM
This game was a complete disappointment to me. I don't like having online play shoved down my throat and all this leaderboards and chat tabs crap is not just useless but irritating too. The Internet Connection required notice is a tiny line at the bottom of the tech specs that is easily missed by anyone. It might seem obvious if delivered from Steam, but I guess I didn't expect the requirement to arbitrarily be shoehorned into the original just because it's on Steam. I should have known better; the trend for this Facebook-style bull ruining games is getting more frequent.

Being Steam I suppose I can't return it; my only consolation is that I didn't waste money on re-buying the Dawn of War complete set on Steam, for convenience over 7 discs. That's probably full of this online account crap too.