PDA

View Full Version : disc version , need help

Dannydinamo
01-28-2010, 05:18 AM
i didnt get this one through steam , but have been trying to play all my old games got quake working bia and x3 , so turned to my dreamfall, i put the disc in asks me to allow it and then nothing , not a sausage no next , no agrrement page , just sits there attempting to look the other way, but i know the disc is in there , does vista, im running vista home premium 64 bit on a quad core, downloaded most recent patch and have starforce up to date and a while ago got the directx pack which has all versions even prior to nine so im flumoxed if you got any advice apart from dont use so many commas , grammer remarks or why not try xp i wil be glad to hear it. by the way i also phoned the makers and they sent me a new copy limited edition disc and the same issue is happening with both discs befor you say it could be a disc error, please help.

c.copperpot
02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm confused as to what your problem is.

Were you

1. Able to install the game but not play it

or

2. Will your CD/DVD drive not recognize that there is a disc in it so you can't install the game?

I'm confused because you said it won't read the disc but then you said you downloaded a patch (I'm not sure if you meant a patch for the game or something else).

If your problem is #2 maybe try going to My Computer and right click your CD/DVD drive and click Autoplay. If that's not an option click Open, then Setup.exe.

I have the CD version of Dreamfall and my DVD drive says Dreamfall-1 when the disc is inserted and setup launches automatically. (I'm guessing the DVD version would just say Dreamfall.) If it doesn't say either for you might be a problem with your CD/DVD drive...

Acidwell
01-13-2011, 02:50 AM
I have the collectors edition too and the problem i had when installing it was with the anti copy protection on the disk, it doesn't work with vista. I had to do to the website for the protection(can't remember what it was called) and download a patch that removes it.

IceManiac
03-28-2011, 08:56 AM
I have the collectors edition too and the problem i had when installing it was with the anti copy protection on the disk, it doesn't work with vista. I had to do to the website for the protection(can't remember what it was called) and download a patch that removes it.

that's not it. I had a DRM issue and it was after the reboot not letting me run the game already installed. the solution to that is a starforce drm driver update which currently works correctly :D

IceManiac
03-28-2011, 08:57 AM
i didnt get this one through steam , but have been trying to play all my old games got quake working bia and x3 , so turned to my dreamfall, i put the disc in asks me to allow it and then nothing , not a sausage no next , no agrrement page , just sits there attempting to look the other way, but i know the disc is in there , does vista, im running vista home premium 64 bit on a quad core, downloaded most recent patch and have starforce up to date and a while ago got the directx pack which has all versions even prior to nine so im flumoxed if you got any advice apart from dont use so many commas , grammer remarks or why not try xp i wil be glad to hear it. by the way i also phoned the makers and they sent me a new copy limited edition disc and the same issue is happening with both discs befor you say it could be a disc error, please help.

it is your drive man. needs replacing. same issue for me, but diff game.