PDA

View Full Version : Cant bind other mouse buttons??

donmega
01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
I have the mx revolution mouse and it seems the game doesnt let you assign anything higher than mouse button 2, atleast for the knife. wtf is up with that, hopefully it will change in release version

ch1lly
01-28-2010, 11:37 PM
My logitech g500's side buttons work, have melee and nade there.

Stinger911
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
I have the mx revolution mouse and it seems the game doesnt let you assign anything higher than mouse button 2, atleast for the knife. wtf is up with that, hopefully it will change in release version

When you're mapping the controls, you need to specifically click in the column for the mouse buttons. If you try to map the mouse buttons under the keyboard column, it won't work.

ChuckThePug
01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Any work around assign to the "delete" key on the keyboard?

I don't see a file to go in and manual assign it.

..ya I'm a lefty using arrow keys.

nebenschwein1
01-30-2010, 12:12 AM
my thumb buttons for the mouse work as well. logitech

HoodooGuru
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I have a Logitech Performance MX (with 4 thumb buttons- fwd/back/zoom/app switch) and cannot get ANY of them to map in the game when using SetPoint 4.8 (logitech software).

HOWEVER, when I shut down SetPoint I CAN get two of the thumb buttons to work (fwd/back) and mapped in Settings screen.

I have this same issues with BF2, but not with any other games (MW1, MW2, Crysis, etc.).

Anyone out there with Logitech mouse button mapping issues?

Netherscourge
02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Are you guys using Standard Windows drivers for your mice? Or the drivers that shipped with the mouse itself?

Mahnsikir
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I was able to get my two thumb buttons (win btn 4 & 5) to work fine, once i saw theres a stupid mouse column.

More annoyingly is that you cant assign ms wheel up & dwn to separate functions (my usual set up for FPS now is MSWH UP - Primary weapon, MSWH DWN - Secondary weapon and so on for the thumb buttons and mdl mouse button depending on the game), the game only gives one bind of mouse wheel axis of something.

The only work around I found was in windows/mouse software change the mouse wheel up and down to represent keyboard keys and then bind their alias in game. Not really ideal as many mice wont support this.

Brinkman
02-02-2010, 11:37 AM
+1 for the wheel mouse up and down issue.

I'd love for it to work in the official release.

Identity Theft
02-02-2010, 11:55 AM

I have a logitech G5 and I have knife on mouse5 and grenade on mouse4.

Are you sure you aren't trying to put it into the keyboard column? there is a separate column for mouse binds.

HoodooGuru
02-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I have a logitech G5 and I have knife on mouse5 and grenade on mouse4.

Are you sure you aren't trying to put it into the keyboard column? there is a separate column for mouse binds.

I have a Logitech Performance MX, and it will not bind at all in the mouse column when SetPoint v4.8 is running. When I turn off SetPoint, I can in fact bind two of the four mouse buttons (fwd/back buttons) in the mouse setting column (i.e. set to change weapon, throw grenade, etc,). Note that I also have uberoptions (http://uberoptions.net/)installed, which modifies SetPoint to allow you to map nearly any command to any Logitech mouse button.

Frustrating thing is, I used to use a Logitech MX1000 and it worked flawlessly in every game. I had all TEN mouse buttons mapped for specific commands for each game. Now, after a supposed upgrade to the Performance MX mouse, I cannot get these mouse bindings to work in either BF2/BC2 game. But it DOES work fine in MW1, MW2, Crysis, and other games. Seems like a DICE programming issue to me...

JumpJump
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM
My logitech g500's side buttons work, have melee and nade there.

my g500's side buttons don't work. how did you do it?

maybe it needs 1.7g of weight added lol

Deroy
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
You need to bind it in the right column...
There's 3 columns: Keyboard, Mouse and Joystick.

HoodooGuru
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
my g500's side buttons don't work. how did you do it?

maybe it needs 1.7g of weight added lol

Look in your taskbar and see if SetPoint is running. If so, exit that program. Then, go into BC2 and see if you can map your side buttons in the Mouse column (middle column I believe). You may in fact be able to map two of the thumb buttons with Setpoint shut down.

Left click the box under the mouse column for the command you want to map. Then, click the thumb button you want mapped. It'll enter in the mouse button name (i.e. MB4) if it works. If nothing takes, simply hit ESC to cancel.

ithree
04-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks for this thread !

Closing Setpoint does the trick, you can assign what you like after that. Even back/forward still work as usual in browsers etc so I can't see a reason to keep it on at all.

Again hardware firms making stupid software.

Mobious918
04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
You might have to play around with the logitech drivers/setup software that came with it. I remember having one for 2 days and getting sick of it b/c the side buttons were always preset to something (forward and back on internet browser pages) and the mouse wheel wasn't an actual button, just set it from ticked scrolling to free-flow.

Either that or go online and pick up a Razor :P

-B.A.Frayd-
04-29-2010, 01:13 PM
You can use Setpoint to assign different keystrokes to the buttons on your mouse. Just create a profile for "BC2" in Setpoint, and customize the mouse buttons according to BC2's default keystroke bindings. Then set your "BC2" Setpoint profile to trigger when you launch "BFBC2Game.exe". Done.

I have a G500 and it works perfectly.

Walno1
04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I was able to get my two thumb buttons (win btn 4 & 5) to work fine, once i saw theres a stupid mouse column.

More annoyingly is that you cant assign ms wheel up & dwn to separate functions (my usual set up for FPS now is MSWH UP - Primary weapon, MSWH DWN - Secondary weapon and so on for the thumb buttons and mdl mouse button depending on the game), the game only gives one bind of mouse wheel axis of something.

The only work around I found was in windows/mouse software change the mouse wheel up and down to represent keyboard keys and then bind their alias in game. Not really ideal as many mice wont support this.

Agreed; mousewheel up and mousewheel down is a staple in many fps games. Why is this so hard to integrate?

Bungle
04-29-2010, 03:10 PM
If you run BC2 as Administrator, you have to also run SetPoint as Administrator. It is NOT an ideal fix, but we have to do it until/unless Dice changes the game's code so it doesn't open a "raw socket" (I learned this on the latest Bash podcast).

The only other alternative is to not run BC2 as Admin, but then you might not see pings on the server browser.

Happy13ee
04-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I had the same problem as well with 2 Logitech mice the MX and VX Revolution.

Go to SetPoint and got to 1a. Select Program

Manage Programs and create a profile for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Once you do that...you'll be to map all your mouse buttons! Good luck...cheers :cool:

*Edit I just noticed -B.A.Frayd- gave the same info a couple of posts above mine. Anyhow, hopefully our info was useful for those having trouble getting their mice to work properly with BC2.