PDA

View Full Version : BFBC2 - Your connection to the server has been lost.

getdown
01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone that has experienced the "Your connection to the server has been lost" message every time they try to join a server has been able to connect at all. The patch that was released today has fixed the CTD when opening the server browser, and I can a ton of servers. However when I try to join one, if it is full I get the "Server is full" message, but if I do not get that, I get the connection lost message.

I have tried connecting directly to my WAN (modem) and putting myself in the DMZ on my router to eliminate port forwarding issues. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Has anyone heard of any work around or cause to this problem? Obviously a lot of people are able to log into a server.

I swear, every EA release makes me appreciate Valve's approach to game development so much more. I remember longing on and playing HL2 and CSS on release day with basically 0 major issues. I have yet to play an EA game that didn't have game breaking issues for weeks or months post-launch.

alonsh2006
01-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Atleast you can try and enter a server.
the Join Now button does not work for me and in the servers list i get nothing
did you try entering many servers?
it doesnt work on all of them

Khanstruct
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I get it a few times, just keep trying and you will get one.

I would imagine it sees an opening and tries to join, someone else fills the slot, so you lose connection.

The Peakator
02-02-2010, 10:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone that has experienced the "Your connection to the server has been lost" message every time they try to join a server has been able to connect at all. The patch that was released today has fixed the CTD when opening the server browser, and I can a ton of servers. However when I try to join one, if it is full I get the "Server is full" message, but if I do not get that, I get the connection lost message.

I have tried connecting directly to my WAN (modem) and putting myself in the DMZ on my router to eliminate port forwarding issues. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Has anyone heard of any work around or cause to this problem? Obviously a lot of people are able to log into a server.

I swear, every EA release makes me appreciate Valve's approach to game development so much more. I remember longing on and playing HL2 and CSS on release day with basically 0 major issues. I have yet to play an EA game that didn't have game breaking issues for weeks or months post-launch.

Same here, i cannot join to any server, says "Server is full" or "Connection to the server has been lost" i hope they'll fix it soon :(

DRZDuke
03-04-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm getting the exact same message when I try to log into any servers. Obviously it's working for some people which makes me wonder if it's an issue related to where the game was purchased? or a location/regional issue?
Anyway, Steam, EA, anybody ... Help, I specifically bought this game to play with my buddies and although the single player game is good, I want some multiplayer lurv :)

Dark-Dragon
03-08-2010, 09:23 AM
I thought ea wanted to beat MW2 but it seems like they copy all their stupid mistakes. really, every game i purchase makes me appreciate valve so much more. they got all things working, have support for everything, servers can be modded, custom mapped. everything. then games like tf2 get millions of great updates for FREE.

i don't think that any other company will ever reach valve, they just own.

gobone
08-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Buy the dvd it works
steam ????
I will not buy a EA GAMES on steam

MikSchultzy
08-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I've been getting this issue as well since the last patch. It will pop up "Lost connection", then I will be asked to log back in. Soon as I try to log back in, I get stuck in the "Updating Stats", and have to kill the process and reboot the game entirely. Trying the same server will get the same results multiple times in a row, so I'll have to attempt other servers.

razdor2k
08-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Nice bump, but a rightful bump, cus im getting this message since last patch aswell, can't play like a month, keep trying stuff, i tried everything there is to try, and nothing works. Maybe Steam needs to apply BFBC2 updater to the BFBC2 folder because i keep thinking this is a problem.

truckdriver
09-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Sounds like my problem presented here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17096676&posted=1

But i hear there's a patch coming out and maybe if we're lucky theyll un♥♥♥♥ the game.

alstokes
09-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Same here, i cannot join to any server, says "Server is full" or "Connection to the server has been lost" i hope they'll fix it soon :(

if the server is 'full' with like 13/16 slots, its usually because they have reserve slots for their members

drpainless
09-27-2010, 08:00 AM
hi i got the same problem here.
they dont now what it is.
they dont now where to look eitehre.
for now no solution.

fantabanana
11-07-2010, 01:18 PM
i stopped playing this game 4 months ago because of this problem, reinstalled it hoping for a fix, and well......nothing. DICE can go to hell

nekrosoft13
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
i got the same issue

MotionTracker
12-02-2010, 11:28 PM
The server probalby crashed when you were playing in it or someone DDOS the server. It happen a few times this week, some player was raging in the mic, then all of a sudden I get "Connection to the server has been lost". I go back to the server browser, and it's not there. I usually play together with my friends, and they have the same issue too.