PDA

View Full Version : Can i get an other game if i really hate the one that i bought?

kennyofdark
01-30-2010, 07:30 PM
I bought Call of duty Modern Warfare 2 a month and half ago and I really hate it.. i really didn't played a lot, probably 3 hours max. I was wondering if steam can give a customer an other game? I would like battlefield Bad Company 2, even there battlefield is 49.99$ when Call of duty is 59.99$.

I would really appreciate a official answer.

mouton
01-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Short answer: NO

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Actual answer: Steam does not do refunds except in some very unique circumstances. Other than yours. Yes, it is not very nice.

Official answer: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4938-WTDF-9465

Maledict21
01-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Sorry, but they do not offer refunds or exchanges (unless it's a pre-order).

Steam Refund Policy (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4938-WTDF-9465)

kennyofdark
01-30-2010, 07:36 PM
so actually they dont give a ♥♥♥♥ about their customers..

mouton
01-30-2010, 07:38 PM
They do, actually, but you are free to disagree on the exact areas where ♥♥♥♥ is given.

HylianTheBlade
01-30-2010, 07:41 PM
its your fault for not researching and checking game vids of it, if you'd have bought that game anywhere else and opened and played it they would'nt take it back either, yet steam is really evil for doing just what everyone else does?

kennyofdark
01-30-2010, 07:42 PM
They do, actually, but you are free to disagree on the exact areas where ♥♥♥♥ is given.

Nah. if they did, they would be some sort of unsatisfied customer garanty because seriously the game I bought suck and I want a refund on that even if it looks like im not getting one.

I'm just going to stop buying from Steam.

kennyofdark
01-30-2010, 07:42 PM
its your fault for not researching and checking game vids of it, if you'd have bought that game anywhere else and opened and played it they would'nt take it back either, yet steam is really evil for doing just what everyone else does?

Theres way to get it back. Always.

d10sfan
01-30-2010, 07:43 PM

They do. You cant return a opened pc game to any store that I know of. Especially after you play the game for a month.

mouton
01-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Nah. if they did, they would be some sort of unsatisfied customer garanty because seriously the game I bought suck and I want a refund on that even if it looks like im not getting one.
Well, a question of perspective, really. Software is a tricky business, with all the incompatibilities and abuses the companies loath to take too much responsibility. Can't blame them, really.

Buy from the source best for you - that's an advice valid no matter if you like Steam or not.

Pilotclan9404
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
They do. You cant return a opened pc game to any store that I know of. Especially after you play the game for a month.

i can before 3 days...

HylianTheBlade
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Theres way to get it back. Always.

maybe for console games, but not pc because of cd keys and such.. and the fact that MW2 binds to the steam account u set it to. i really don't get where this entitlement u have comes from.

you are NOT going to get a refund for a non preordered game, simple as that.

kennyofdark
01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
This forum aint helpful and this is going nowhere anyway.

mouton
01-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Indeed. If you want to pursue the matter, contact Steam Support. The answer will be "no", but they are the only people that have any power here.

Dr. Furry
01-30-2010, 07:53 PM
next time, buy it at gamestop. dont like it? trade it in.

Pilotclan9404
01-30-2010, 07:54 PM
next time, buy it at gamestop. dont like it? trade it in.

^ Best idea

thePyro_13
01-30-2010, 07:55 PM

Seems pretty helpful to me. They answered your question(even quoting an official source) within 5 minutes.

It is very rare to find a shop that will give a refund for an opened game. After all if you had bought MW2 at a store and installed it at home, your CD key would be used, and whoever bought the copy you returned would not be able to play at all. Which is why most retail shops(and every retail store I've ever visited) only refund games that have clearly NOT been opened or used in any way.

Silicon Vampire
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM

Then, we are done here. This forum is very helpful, you just don't like the answers...