PDA

View Full Version : Help bring the game some attention and sales!

MSIMagus
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I am a total cheap ♥♥♥ that never pays more then I have to for games and dont really care in general if the developers make a cent off me or not. I buy my games used and buy them in the $10-$20 range waiting for price drops on all but a select few fav series(Uncharted and Diablo being the big 2 right now). That said if I see a developer that truly deserves support I am happy to pay a little more for the game or find a way to support them.

Diezel def seems to be one of those developers! I was already enjoying the game and thinking my $5 holiday purchase was the perfect buy in price. Since then though I have seen update after update where they have made this game better and better. Now to my surprise looking at these forums I find that the developers are actually posting here and listening to fans on how to make the game better....and saying they are going to do so without charging us for DLC. Seeing all this makes me feel like my $5 was far too little and seeing as I have no close friends to gift the game to I want to find another way to support them!

I host a topic dedicated to Steam at the site Cheap ♥♥♥ Gamer and have been pimping the game for a bit with no success, so I am going to take it a step further and have a little contest there. I plan on hosting a zombie trivia or some similar little game and gifting the winner a copy of the game. It may only be 1 extra sale, but it eases my conscious and I am hoping that that person likes the game and gifts it to friends or will host a contest of their own!

I wanted to post this idea here in hopes that those of you I have seen say they feel they ripped off the developer could do the same! If you cant gift the game to friends then find another creative way to drive sales! I really think these guys deserve it and hey look at it this way, more sales = more incentive to support the game ;)

Alucardy
02-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I have gifted this game to 2 friends of mine :D.
Since I've got a facebook ad and a google ad coupon, and not much to do with it, I will use a part of it for RN :).

WaZzUp115
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I've been planning to gift this to some of my friends as well, but I'm waiting for online coop!
Once that is out I'm gonna start buying this and gifting it to my friends so I have people to play with and so Diezelpower gets their fair share from all the hard work!

And a good idea to give this game some attention is to gift it to some of the larger bloggers and reviewers so we can get some positive attention and perhaps a metascore for this game, because that will undoubtedly bring more buyers as I'm sure the metascore would be quite high because of the quality of this game :)

MSIMagus
02-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I've been planning to gift this to some of my friends as well, but I'm waiting for online coop!
Once that is out I'm gonna start buying this and gifting it to my friends so I have people to play with and so Diezelpower gets their fair share from all the hard work!

And a good idea to give this game some attention is to gift it to some of the larger bloggers and reviewers so we can get some positive attention and perhaps a metascore for this game, because that will undoubtedly bring more buyers as I'm sure the metascore would be quite high because of the quality of this game :)

Actually what im planning on doing now is offering the Drunken Gamers(a fav podcast)and TVGPlays(another fav podcast)to run contests and ill gift the game to the winners. It will get the game out there to their listening audiences. I planned on mailing Destructoid and Kotaku too but doubt they would pick it up.

MSIMagus
02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I messaged destructoid about possibly posting a new story about the developers of the game and how their trying to support the game for free. I also messaged the Drunken Gamers about running a contest on their podcast where I would gift a copy of the game to the winner. Hopefully both get back to me, destructoid im doubtful but the Drunken Gamers are usually hella cool guys. Hopefully it can get the game a little attention and maybe drive some sales ;)

MSIMagus
02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
The Drunken Gamers Radio podcast agreed to host a contest with at least 1 copy of the game being given away(I offered to donate one for the winner and 1 for a runner up).

Doubt this will set sales ablaze but hey if nothing else I bought 2 more copies of the game and hopefully a few of their listeners think the game sounds cool and buy 1 as well!

SnowBrigade
02-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Hello MSIMagus, that sounds like fun, I'll look out for Drunken Gamers:D Anf of course thanks for all your support and ideas in this thread!

MSIMagus
02-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Hello MSIMagus, that sounds like fun, I'll look out for Drunken Gamers:D Anf of course thanks for all your support and ideas in this thread!

Thanks, im going to keep trying though! I have messaged Destructoid twice now and gotten no response....ill try one more time in a day or two and then give up on that and try Kotaku and Gamesarefun

MSIMagus
03-03-2010, 07:49 AM
The game was featured on todays Drunken Gamers Radio for those interested. They will be running a contest to give away 2 copies of the game!

SnowBrigade
03-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Hello MSIMagus, just listened to Drunken Gamers; wow that question isn't too easy actually - is there a winning answer? :D

I admit we've been concentrating on development rather than trying to advertise the game but it's doing well; we're actually very happy with the sales here on Steam, especially when coop is still coming next and we know/are told some players are holding off to get the game until then:)

WaZzUp115
03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm also waiting for coop so I can gift the game to friends ;)
Hoping for some kind of bundle deal :D

Kaese
03-03-2010, 09:49 AM
A bundle deal is actually a cool idea.
Instead of discounting the game itself you could make a "Buddy Deal", 2 copies of NR for 30% off or something.

SnowBrigade
03-03-2010, 10:09 AM
That's probably a good idea; we would need to ask Valve though since we'd need their help to set that up.

A Coop launch something like:

Two copies: 30% off
Three copies: 40% off
Four copies: 50% off total price

Still need to talk to Steam to determine the actual deals.

We'd better bundle more player models for those 3 or more copies;)

WaZzUp115
03-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Just make sure people are aware that there's only 2 player multiplayer :P

ColdSeer
03-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Hmm...4 copies for 20 dollars?
Sounds nice!
Gotta start saving money.

SnowBrigade
03-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Just make sure people are aware that there's only 2 player multiplayer

Hello WaZzUp115,

True but we can always expand that, plus if you get 4 copies you can play against different friends even in 2-player coop:)

SnowBrigade
03-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Sounds nice!

As I mentioned we'll need to ask Valve what they think so this is just an idea of what we think would be fair, nice pricing;)

ColdSeer
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Well I see no reason to say "no".
They do receive the same money, afterall, don't they?
Still, hoping they say yes!

Coolspyboy
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
I planned on gifting this to my friend, but he's really specific on which of his Steam account certain games go on. I swear he has a separate account for every genre or something >_> I have made a few topics on GameFAQs about this. Asking for opinions and such, really. It's quite surprising that no one has heard of it. I've only got good things to say about this game.

MSIMagus
03-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Sounds nice!
Gotta start saving money.

Would have been nice if that was the case currently. Its costing me $20 to give away the 2 copies on Drunken Gamers and if I could have gotten 4 copies for the same price id have kept working to get the game featured on more show/sites. I mean I am still trying to get the game featured in various places...but I cant afford to keep giving games away ;)

MSIMagus
03-04-2010, 07:28 AM
http://www.robotpanic.com/

They posted the review I wrote as well as a gameplay video on the main site! Again hopefully this drives some attention! The guys on the show love zombies and zombie games(they even did a musical called the zombusical)so their audience should know and appreciate zombie games!

I made sure to post info at gamefaqs, CAGer and a few other places too in hopes people try for the free copies and then buy if they dont win.

SnowBrigade
03-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Hello MSIMagus, you're doing a great job helping us here, of course feel free to pm me if you need anything.

Right now Nation Red is pretty high up in the sales chart of under 10$/euro games on Steam;)

WaZzUp115
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
MSIMagus, the video you're using for the review is rather old though?
And the gameplay shown seems rather slow :P

Nice review though, +rep! :)

SnowBrigade
03-04-2010, 01:25 PM
MSIMagus, the video you're using for the review is rather old though?
And the gameplay shown seems rather slow :P

You're right, I just noticed that too. The loading screen in the video says 1.05 which must be the earliest Beta.

Action in the video looks very slow compared to the actual game:eek: but the review is nicely done!

CaptainDingo
03-04-2010, 02:05 PM
You're right. Nation Red looks downright boring in that version. :p

Funny to look back though and see what has changed.

MSIMagus
03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I didnt select the video they did. I didnt know they would be putting up a video ;)

Why don't you guys rec a video on youtube and ill message them and see if they dont mind switching the video out.

MSIMagus
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
That video game podcast has agreed to play and review the game on their podcast. Their base probably isnt quite as big as some of the other casts out there, however the guys have a very loyal following and they also tend to be one of the few podcasts that will talk about games multiple weeks in a row. Nice to see that even if the biggest sites like destructoid are ignoring me that there are some smaller sites cool enough to help out!