PDA

View Full Version : window mode, but fullscreen and noborder?

zyx
02-03-2010, 06:15 AM
In every source game you can use the command line " -windowed -noborder" but in MW2 I have only found Alt+Enter to make window mode, but there's still the border, and the start bar to cut off a good chunk of the window.
Are there any way to make it windowed in fullscreen mode with noborder?

Clabrendon
09-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Windowed no border (maximized window) is possible using ShiftWindow, I have a guide up here on Shiny Hacks (http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/08/how-to-play-any-game-in-windowed.html).Wow, looks very interesting, if it works for me thanks!

Worked wonders. Thanks, no ugly border!!

Fahrenheit 451
09-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Windowed no border (maximized window) is possible using ShiftWindow, I have a guide up here on Shiny Hacks (http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/08/how-to-play-any-game-in-windowed.html).

How come it does not get rid of the taskbar?

anwaypasible
09-19-2010, 02:41 AM
so if i run mw2 in a 'window' will i be able to use any ol' screen capture utility to capture game footage?

i know that the majority of recording software stops recording once the game goes into fullscreen mode.. but this is 'windowed' so will it work?

tiggytiggy
09-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Why would you run it in window mode if not to cheat?

anwaypasible
09-19-2010, 10:16 AM
a few reasons to try..

maybe less crashing
maybe better CPU utilization
maybe better ram utilization
maybe you can record the game with a generic screen capture utility (at a high frame rate and high resolution)
maybe multi-tasking utilizes the CPU better
maybe the video driver crashes less

some decent reasons to test it out and see

ScaryStuff
09-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I would be worried about using some thirdparty software to mess with the window in case VAC might see it as some kind of hack.
So until I see a statement of some sorts, saying that VAC is ok with that, I will not try it out.

SubGrizzly
09-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I play in windowed mode. As a matter of fact it's quite better. More stable and I can do other things whilst loading.

anwaypasible
09-21-2010, 06:23 AM
playing in windowed mode should also allow you to switch the aspect ratio to widescreen if you are playing on a 4:3 monitor.