PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 2 Can't Start.

freedom757
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey i just bought this game and when i click on new game and choose difficulty it crashes and it doesn't start.Anyone with the same prob?

freedom757
02-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Anyone? :eek:

VASH1291
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Best chance is to use google to search for this issue but the game is buggy as hell anyways.

bsdroo
02-20-2010, 08:09 PM
I have the exact same problem as you, Choose difficulty and then it crashes and exits.

I bought it from THQ complete pack and had only just installed it. verified all game files to be 100% complete but dunno why it isnt working.

computer specs is definitely enough to run it. i7rig on windows 7

Slashpepper
02-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Same here, have tried every trick in the book to get it to work... It really doesn't like Windows 7, that's the conclusion I've come to.

Installed it on my Dad's Vista machine back home and it ran perfectly, no such luck on here though. Tried moving the saved games from Dad's to here to see if it was just a new game that did it - still nothing.

What's even more annoying is that he upgraded to Windows 7 and I tried copying the steam folder across to that - worked fine too. Trying to work out the differences to our two machines to see why that might be:

His - Mine
Core2 Quad - Core2 Duo
2.8GHz (Stock) - 4.1GHz (Overclocked... probably the problem)
4Gb Ram - 4Gb RAM
Windows 7 64bit - Windows 7 64bit
On-board Audio - X-Fi Forte (a possibility)
2 Hard disks - 2 hard disks
(installation, documents) - (Installation SSD, documents)
Geforce 9800 - Geforce 285 O/C (Possible problem)
Saints Row Works - Saints Row doesn't work

From that I'm guessing it's against overclocked PC's. Can anyone else match anything on that list? A number of people have said that unplugging USB devices have solved the problem. Unfortunately, the only USB devices left to unplug are my Mouse and Keyboard... My Roccat Kone Mouse was quite a challenge to get working on Windows 7, so there may be something there that's causing the problem.

Why's it always the High Spec stuff that causes problems?

Mu0n
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
1) Only use 1 monitor at a time
2) unplug any extra USB controllers, especially gamepads
3) use this in your launch command options: "defaults"

Zorky
03-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Using 1 monitor worked for me win 7 ultimate Thx.

AlphaFox
03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Ive got windows 7 home and its working fine for me - can we get pc specs please? It may just be that your pc cant run SR2 or else the OS as a few other people seem to have having problems with their OS and monitors and stuff...

LilaWolf
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm having the same problem, I'm glad I didn't buy the game, a friend of mine got the game for free and gave it to me, I'd be raging right now otherwise. :P

My spects are:

CPU: Phenom II x4 945 @ 3.0 GHz.
RAM: 4 gb; 2x2gb OCZ Gold DDR3 1333.
VGA: XfX GTS 250 512 Mb.

I guess that should be enough at least to get the game running...
I have tried everything, reinstalling, setting compatibility mode, disconnecting all USB devices, extra displays, etc, nothing worked...

LilaWolf
03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm having the same problem, I'm glad I didn't buy the game, a friend of mine got the game for free and gave it to me, I'd be raging right now otherwise. :P

My spects are:

CPU: Phenom II x4 945 @ 3.0 GHz.
RAM: 4 gb; 2x2gb OCZ Gold DDR3 1333.
VGA: XfX GTS 250 512 Mb.

I guess that should be enough at least to get the game running...
I have tried everything, reinstalling, setting compatibility mode, disconnecting all USB devices, extra displays, etc, nothing worked...

Fixed now. It downoaded some update today and now works!

473NG3R
07-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Similar problem here but it crashes before I get to any menu or loading screen. Just fails to launch. Worked fine on Pentium D 3.2 ghz with a radeon 1950 pro in windows 7 32 with no bugs either. My new build is a Phenom II X6 1050T with the same graphics card and windows 7 64. I suspect the problem for me is that directx didn't install properly. I'm reinstalling to see if that's it.

amnesiasoft
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Similar problem here but it crashes before I get to any menu or loading screen. Just fails to launch. Worked fine on Pentium D 3.2 ghz with a radeon 1950 pro in windows 7 32 with no bugs either. My new build is a Phenom II X6 1050T with the same graphics card and windows 7 64. I suspect the problem for me is that directx didn't install properly. I'm reinstalling to see if that's it.
Could you try the what's in this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1268028) and tell me if that helps? It sounds like your problem is the one solved by this fix. So far, it's helped everyone I know who has this issue, but the sample size on that is all of 3, so hardly a statistician's dream.

widden
07-14-2010, 11:59 PM
This is the same issue as in the thread "sr2.exe stopped working" I reckon?
Mine crashes at the same place of course and there seems to be no solution, no refund, nothing. Stuck with it so far. :(