PDA

View Full Version : If you want to put a person's intellectual curiosity to the test...

CaptainDingo
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Just sit them down in front of an adventure game. :p

I tried getting my little brother to play Indigo Prophecy a few hours ago.

After he could take control of Lucas for the first time, he looked around the bathroom for about five seconds, then bolted out into the diner.

He was instantly apprehended (being covered in blood and all) and got a game over in about 10 seconds.

"WTF? This is stupid."

*Facepalm.*

After I told him he needs to at least make an attempt to clean up, he washed his hands at the sink, then ran out the door. *Sigh*

And to make it better, when it came time to investigate the diner with Carla, he talked to Tyler, walked around the diner for about 10 seconds, then talked to Tyler and said he wanted to leave already.

I stare at my brother for a few seconds like he's an alien. "Don't you want to, you know, investigate the crime scene before you call it a night?"

He groans at me.

All this is just more befuddling to me because he loves watching crime shows like CSI. :p

hachach
02-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Lol really? I don't know for how long I stayed at the diner to make sure I had investigated every single piece of it as Carla and Tylor. I also restarted the game more than once because I made a few mistakes at the bathroom scene as Lucas, and I didn't want to make him "feel bad". After I had figured how to clean/hide everything I silently left the diner by the front door.

I guess little brothers only want shooting games now day :(

ben583
02-27-2010, 05:33 AM
That is baffling, half the enjoyment of the game is slowly finding out what's what! I loved the first few scenes of the game where you just live.

xFadedx
07-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Kids are impatient and want to rush forward. It's how I played games as a kid. Nothing baffling just the way we're wired. When we mature there's no more rush. :D

Chris_TC
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
The entire diner scene (including the investigation) was absolutely epic, the high point of the game.