PDA

View Full Version : Low FPS on moving objects? (BioShock 1)

Hazz-JB
02-04-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm running BioShock on maxed settings with no performance problems, but I've noticed that moving objects seem to have low fps, even though the rest of the game world is moving smoothly with no fps drop while the object is moving. It actually gives it quite an interesting effect, rather than being annoying like a typical fps drop. Is that just how the game is? I played the xbox version and I don't remember it being like that.

The_Thing
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe it can't render enough frames when something is moving at a certain speed. What's your graphics card?

AngryNerd br
02-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I got the same problem, I think it's the game itself that's like this.

afternine
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
It's just bad physics, I think.

rebmcr
02-06-2010, 03:21 AM
The game is coded so the the physics engine is capped to 12fps. No joke.

SmileyBarry
02-06-2010, 08:16 AM

Really? I didn't notice any laggy physics behavior when I played it through a few weeks back.

hellob
02-06-2010, 08:34 AM

I guess they had to take a drastic measure to cut down on CPU usage.(console port anyone?) Pretty annoying too, especially since I am used to physics being capped at my current framerate and seeing these objects move so unrealistically... :o

NitrousX
02-06-2010, 02:12 PM

Where did you get that information from? Do you have a reliable source?

Joshmanz
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
I noticed this aswell, but i thought it just gave the game more atmosphere if u know what i mean, maybe it was intended, i think it looks pretty good when you got like a corpse just rolling down a stairs in an odd way, adds more of a creepy feel to the game.

Bonehead325
02-06-2010, 03:06 PM
It's another problem, victim of a console port, despite the fact that 2k ported this game to pc quite well, the game itself, because of consoles, has a limit on physics fps, all physics objects have a capped fps at i think its either 12 fps or 30 fps, i cannot remember, there is NO way of un-doing it, its built into the game, this had its own big debate on the 2k forums for quite some time until 2k said it was un-reversable, here's to hoping its not in the sequel.

ben583
02-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Aye, this annoyed me a little in the first game, hope they've uncapped it in the second.

Ravenwood420
02-15-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm new to this forum and I signed up just to say that I have the same problem with the choppy moving objects. What's weird tho, is if you use fraps to record yourself playing, (I'm on Windows XP 32) the moving objects like the trash can or when you kill an enemy will be choppy while you play, but when you exit the game and watch yourself play in the video it's silky smooth. So weird. I'm thinkin if it can be smooth in the video maybe there is a way to fix it?! hmmm

Sprocket
07-09-2010, 03:29 AM
I have bioshock 2, and the problem still remains....