Reinstalled PB code from website

L4D2 works fine

On COD4 is Punk Buster is kicking me for a disallowed program driver 125120
I am running a different AV to last time, but that is all
Could that cause the problem???

Other wise any ideas??

Alex1981
02-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Turn off your Steam in-game overlay. Close Xfire. Close FRAPS. Close eVGA Precision. Those are the most common culprits.

stealth123734
02-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Remove Punkbuster, worst load of crap I ever encountered other than DRM.

Coeco
02-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Was some huge list somewhere over what programs you can't run with punkbuster, Xfire and such was some of them.

Gremmie
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
The Steam community overlay seems to be the current culprit. Turn it off and try.

Remove Punkbuster, worst load of crap I ever encountered other than DRM.

Ha. The alternative (playing on a non-PB server) is far, far worse.

Click!
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Turn off your Steam in-game overlay. Close Xfire. Close FRAPS. Close eVGA Precision. Those are the most common culprits.

Game overlay removed
Problem solved....on a game I bought on steam...bizarre
Thanks for the help those who posted

Trashcantoy
02-05-2010, 03:23 AM
yea i disabled Steam Community ingame and that fixed it. pretty weird considering it used to be working just fine. Xfire and Fraps are a no go aswell

Scared
02-05-2010, 04:17 AM
yea i disabled Steam Community ingame and that fixed it. pretty weird considering it used to be working just fine. Xfire and Fraps are a no go aswell

A recent update to the overlay has caused punkbuster to detect is as a cheat and evenbalance have yet to update punkbuster to allow it (since it is not a cheat)

streather
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
A recent update to the overlay has caused punkbuster to detect is as a cheat and evenbalance have yet to update punkbuster to allow it (since it is not a cheat)

because evenbalance are useless?

Click!
02-06-2010, 01:41 AM
because evenbalance are useless?

I reported the problem to EB and their resolution was to keep the steam overlay switched off....they are fully aware of the problem.

adecki
12-15-2010, 05:00 AM

yea i to now disable a STEAM COMMUNITY INGAME and that fixed it. THX for that man !

moOkiE!! v2,o
12-19-2010, 05:39 PM
but why do i have to disable my steam overlay? i bought this friggin' game on Steam!

this is a mess. i never started getting this error until like august.

i don't play cod4 much... but when i do... i seem to get a really good strike and BOOT!

and then i gotta close out the game & "disable in-game tabs"... ugh

vonditto
07-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Just Chiming in about error 125120.

After running into the pb update/install issue, I was getting kicked by pb once all was running and well. The issue is confirmed on my part that steam overlay was the culprit. Those of you with this same problem should simply disable the overlay in COD4 ONLY (not Steam) by right clicking the game in steam library and going to properties and uncheck "Enable Steam Community" box.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

HyphyCus
07-05-2011, 11:52 PM
It happens with BFBC2 too. It's a common problem with PB and Steam Overlay.

Casemaker
07-06-2011, 08:07 AM
New install of CoD4 and pnkbuster.

I get the 125120 error even if I disable the overlay just in game, AND when I disable it completely from steam.

So any ideas?
I don't have Xfire installed.
or fraps running.

8-Bit
07-06-2011, 09:54 AM

I get the 125120 error even if I disable the overlay just in game, AND when I disable it completely from steam.

So any ideas?
or fraps running.

This. . .

Mine is finding servers now but I can not connect to anything, and not to mention I can not find a Punkbuster directory to install the files into manually

Hux
07-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm also having this problem. Steam overlay is disabled, as is everything I could possibly think of disabling, it just won't work.

Starting to really regret purchasing the game to be honest.

8-Bit
07-06-2011, 02:25 PM

So any ideas?
or fraps running.

This. . .

I am seriously about to dropkick my computer. . . I really hate when steam makes us use rediculous 3rd party programs when steam should be handling this themselves. . . We pay good money for these games I don't understand why I need to hop through so many hoops before they will work

Gabethe24th
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Disabled the steam overlay but punkbuster still kicks me out of games as soon as i get in them.

throes
07-09-2011, 01:34 AM
My friend had the same problem. He unchecked steam-overlay etc. But he still got kicked for bad drivers.

Turns out Punkbuster does not like overlays, not just the steam overlay. So if any of you uses mumble with the overlay, disable it too because that was the problem for my friend.

BangTail
07-09-2011, 02:08 PM
MSI Afterburner causes it as well.

Punkbuster sucks, all it does is cause problems for legit users while the cheaters just carry on cheating.

Devs/Publishers need to stop using it altogether and put that stupid company out of business once and for all.

99Reaper99
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Same here, can't stand PB anymore due to its false-positives. Personally, I get the disallowed driver error only when I run steam ingame (via non-steam game). Only kicks me then, never when I don't have steam ingame.

You would think by now this issue would be fixed with overlays for a game of 6+ years of age, but nope. Even their support, the many times I've dealt with them I get a half-assed response back.

pistawful
07-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Is it that hard to just click no steam overlay in game..x fire and fraps btw wont get you kicked by PB.