PDA

View Full Version : BF:BC2 crashes

BobbyFrasier
02-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi all,

I've got a problem with BF:BC2:
I can launch the game withouth any problem and try to join a server but when the map is loaded, the game crashes and go back to Windows...

I already tried to run the game in different sizes, in low resolution but i always have the same problem...

How could I do to play BC2? Is it a known crash?

Help! I want to play! :p

Mr. Fabulous
02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Any error messages?

Verify game cache, and if that doesn't work: Run the game as administrator

Breakthrough
02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
The same thing happens to me, only when I run the game on my laptop... Same O/S, same brand of video card (Nvidia, 9300M vs 8800GT). I have no clue what it could be as of yet...

BobbyFrasier
02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't have any error message when the game crashes...
I verified the game cache, I runned the game as administrator but it doesn't change anything... :'(

BLASHPHEMY
02-10-2010, 09:58 AM
My game runs fine except for when it BSOD's after playing for 10-15 minutes. Wondering if its a driver issue but nVidia hasn't released new mobile drivers in 2 months :(

Asus G51J
Core i7 720QM
nVidia GTX 260m w/1GB
4 GB RAM etc.

BobbyFrasier
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Actually it is caused by the nvidia driver:

I have some good news fellow CTD on map loading screen players!

I previously updated my gfx drivers to the latest official drivers from the nvidia website for my card and still it didn't work. Also tried about a million different proposed workarounds and meddling on my end along with various configurations etc etc. Still nothing.

So there now i downloaded the latest nvidia modified drivers from: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ (196.34)

I unzipped it onto my desktop and then downloaded the modified INF file from the same page where i downloaded the drivers.

I needed the modified inf file because my video card isn't officially supported by the latest driver 196.34 as im running a geforce go 7950 GTX.

So i copy and pasted the modified INF file into the folder i unzipped the drivers into, thereby replacing the existing one with the modified inf file. Then i installed the driver as normal using setup.exe in the folder. (you may get a warning from windows saying the drivers are not digitally signed etc, just ignore and choose to proceed anyway)

After the reboot im playing away perfectly on 1024x768 resolution on low settings, havn't tried any other settings yet as i wanted to share the good news and hopefully this will help some of you!

Edit: I've since tried alot of various configurations in High, Medium to Low and all work perfectly without any CTD (although there are various levels of performance issues but atleast i dont CTD anymore)

As for my specs for comparison:
Vista 32bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 GHz T7200 (OC'd 2.162Ghz)
Geforce Go 7950 GTX 512MB
2.00 GB DDR2 RAM

and it works!

rythem
04-15-2010, 03:21 PM
My game runs fine except for when it BSOD's after playing for 10-15 minutes. Wondering if its a driver issue but nVidia hasn't released new mobile drivers in 2 months :(

I have this EXACT same problem. After the BSOD my monitor goes into power saving mode and I have to literally turn off my computer to get it to reboot.