PDA

View Full Version : Faces of War Mission Pack For Men Of War(free download)

frags1981
02-12-2010, 04:01 AM
The developers have brought over the excellent missions from Faces of War into Men of War. You can download the mission pack here:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/menofwar/map/33734.html

To install it, you will need to go into(just change the drive designation to however you have installed steam on your machine):

C:\steam\steamapps\common\menofwar\

Create a new folder called mods

Extract the downloaded file and copy over the Faces of War folder into the mods folder.

Go in the game, goto options and the mods tabs.

Chose the Faces of War mission pack to activate it.

Enjoy.

Aetius
02-13-2010, 05:14 PM
WOW! Thank you! I would never have known about this if it wasn't for you. And to think i almost bought FoW a few weeks ago.

Spidery_Yoda
02-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I'll download that once i'm finished Red Tide.

However since i'm completely stuck on the mission where you attack the port (I can't get my guys past the mortars, and the one time I did I was obliterated shortly afterwards when they instantly send in truckloads of guys against my 3 half dead, out of ammo guys), that may be a while.

Dwarden
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
here are more details :)

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5214

Herbaceous
02-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the info :) Downloading it now! +1 rep to you sir...

razputin123
03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks! Any reason to go back to MoW is a great one... :)

frags1981
08-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Bump for visibility

petercrab5
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
I'll download that once i'm finished Red Tide.

However since i'm completely stuck on the mission where you attack the port (I can't get my guys past the mortars, and the one time I did I was obliterated shortly afterwards when they instantly send in truckloads of guys against my 3 half dead, out of ammo guys), that may be a while.

if this is the same level as the demo (Feodosia Port) when you destory the guns at the third furthest right quay and run immediately back to the first left most quay before the mortars have a chance to appear. Now you will be out of their range and supporting troops will be sent.

Toto pectore
08-23-2010, 11:27 AM
And to think i almost bought FoW a few weeks ago.

It's worth any penny (it's really cheap anyway - like 5)

Look how awesome it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYC45WcIVjU

Aetius
08-26-2010, 07:34 PM
It's worth any penny (it's really cheap anyway - like 5)

Look how awesome it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYC45WcIVjU

Oh wow! That video was incredible! It almost makes FoW look more epic that MoW... almost :P.

1Crazyman1
10-17-2010, 12:14 PM
I actually like these missions more then the ones of Faces of war. I've played about 3 up to now, but they are def more suited for the controls.

You command small squads, instead of an army. But you're still supported by AI. tbh, this is how the game should be played.

Best comparison I can find is Coh:Tales of valor, only a lot more awesome. And your men can't absorb a trillion bullets before dying.

Masacru
10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
I've played Faces of War before but never finished it. I installed this pack and I have to say that it's FOW campaigns but HARDER :O... it's much harder from what I'm noticing. Maybe the AI is smarter(Since it uses men of war's new design) or I don't know. It's awesome though. Took me so long to complete the allied's first campaign on normal.(Many many restarts plus loads)

petercrab5
10-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I've played Faces of War before but never finished it. I installed this pack and I have to say that it's FOW campaigns but HARDER :O... it's much harder from what I'm noticing. Maybe the AI is smarter(Since it uses men of war's new design) or I don't know. It's awesome though. Took me so long to complete the allied's first campaign on normal.(Many many restarts plus loads)

I think easy is most fun for men of war, normal just takes too much time and planning.

apaeth
10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Thank you - I like these types of missions better than the mass army ones...