PDA

View Full Version : Please release bonus levels for all customers!

Lamento
02-13-2010, 06:35 AM
... an not exclusively for community members.
Thanks a lot!

fakiyo
02-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Uhm...
EVERYONE gets the new bonus levels, you know that?

They just released the last 2 for reaching milestones in the community group.
But the levels are loaded into ANY GAME of Toko Tori, regardless if you're in the group or not.

Say: 500 people join the group. Level gets released.
EVERYBODY gets them.

Just look in your bonus tab of the levels ;)

Lamento
02-13-2010, 08:04 AM
No. The Forest Falls bonus level generates a message, when you click it: ...exclusive bonus level for community members...

http://666kb.com/i/bgo3r2nfktesblvjy.jpg

Kaese
02-13-2010, 08:32 AM
click "join"?

gia257
02-13-2010, 09:19 AM
No. The Forest Falls bonus level generates a message, when you click it: ...exclusive bonus level for community members...

http://666kb.com/i/bgo3r2nfktesblvjy.jpg

lol nvm, sounds odd, but add yourself to the group its not that bad

CalmWind23
02-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Simple just join the group and the level would be unlocked. It is not that you have to 1$ to sign up. The developers have been kind enough not to do that :P

fakiyo
02-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Wow okay... that's... hm dunno what to think about that :/

Lamento
02-13-2010, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes:
Getting obliged to join "communities" is a major pain in the lower backside IMHO.

vempajor
02-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I must say it is really not a nice thing, but I never seen cause I always joining to official groups for the games what I own.

M4nkoRid3r
02-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Getting obliged to join "communities" is a major pain in the lower backside IMHO.

You aren't "obligated", but it's a simple one click join. Idk why they made it like that, it doesn't worry me tho, free levels for a good game, yes please.

freibooter
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Mhhh, I - like many people on this forum - gladly joined the Toki Tori community group way before any levels were released. It's a single click and there are practically no drawbacks - I really just saw it as a additional way to socialize with other players and the really cool and friendly developers.

However I have to agree that it does leave a little bit of a bad aftertaste in my mouth to learn that bonus levels can only be played by community members. It just doesn't seem, well, nice to effectively pressure interested players into joining the community like that.

I think a friendly message like "Hey, it's the support and commitment of the community that made us release this level - maybe you would like to join us as well?" would go much further than "No membership - no bonus-content for you!".

SunriseDriver
02-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow. That's new for me. But at least it's interesting to be in Toki Tori group.

Xenesis
02-13-2010, 09:23 PM
It's an ingenious little viral marketing scheme, you see.

People who own the game join the group to get the bonus levels, plus Two Tribes dudes are making more levels if more people join the game group.

People who don't own the game see that friends have joined this 'Toki Tori' group and go 'What the heck is this crazy game' and ask/and/or buy it.

Ta dah!

Sheepdude86
02-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Why would you want to play the bonus levels if you're so averse to joining the official Toki Tori steam group? As long as you bought the game on Steam it's just a couple clicks to join the group, and by joining it you're showing your support for the game. Like, are you afraid of your friends looking at your steam profile and seeing that you're part of the Toki Tori group? Come on.

Ohnoo
02-14-2010, 04:15 AM
why is so hard to join , it takes less than 30 seconds lol

robothive
02-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Although it takes a few seconds to join, that still seems silly.

Lamento
02-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Wait! Now ALL bonus levels are locked (8, Bubble Barrage not included). :confused:
I think I remember this wasn't the case from the beginning; there were unlocked ones (I even tried one or two)?!

Amander
03-06-2010, 02:56 PM
It does seem a bit silly. It's like they're holding the levels hostage until you join their group.Just take it with humour. Does it hurt to join the group? Even if you're completely ashamed of having bought the game, you can just set your profile to private. It's like saying "The lottery win is kept hostage until you say "yes" asked whether you really want it".

Bagel CB
03-06-2010, 09:20 PM
why is so hard to join , it takes less than 30 seconds lol

More like 2 seconds, lol. Come on folks, why are you complaining? You barely have to lift a finger!

kalirion
03-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Join button is not working... I click it and nothing happens. Well joined the group the normal way and got the bonus levels :)

oto niel
03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Let's all respect each other please.

-It's easy to join and it's a nice change of pace that they are not trying to milk us for extra content.

-It's not nice that they are releasing the bonus levels for community members and not all *customers* of their game.

They could be releasing earlier bonus levels for everyone and keeping the latest for community members, that way everybody would be happy.

The important thing is to respect everyone's views of things even if they are different from ours.

Smertnik
03-08-2010, 05:34 AM
What are you people complaining about? How does joining the official group hurt you in any way? If you hate being in the group so much then leave it after you finished the game.

It's not like you have to sign up anywhere, all you have to do is to click on a button in SC.

kalirion
03-08-2010, 07:16 AM
I wonder if the button didn't work for me because I have Steam overlay disabled?

Chucrute
03-10-2010, 11:30 PM
At least they are not charging for bonus levels.

All they are asking is for you to join the community group for some tasty new levels for this already awesome game. If you think about it, it's no big deal.

CR - Crono
03-13-2010, 03:33 PM
..people complaining about free/non-obligatory levels, oh please :p

This is a great game and is really cool the support that the developers are giving it :D

Wiezzen
04-17-2010, 03:38 PM
It takes alot longer to make a QQ thread than click one button. There's absolutely no down side to joining groups. Joining groups will provide you with avatars and updates when you check the group's wall.
Don't be such a baby because you have to click one button.

eyehate
05-29-2010, 11:36 PM
I own the iTouch game and just recently bought the PC game.

Love it.

But I am not joining some weird group so I can get a bonus level.

vempajor
05-30-2010, 03:27 AM
But I am not joining some weird group
rofl :D

SunriseDriver
05-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Joining groups will provide you with avatars and updates when you check the group's wall.
From now you can get the avatars even if you aren't in the group.

eyehate
06-07-2010, 12:43 PM
All of my bonus levels are locked and so are my achievements in game.

Is this all because I am not part of the group?

in.meinem.turm.
06-07-2010, 12:56 PM
All of my bonus levels are locked and so are my achievements in game.

Is this all because I am not part of the group?

yes that is the reason. Even the game tells you that.

collin_twotribes
06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
It should not lock your achievements eyehate.

mcilrain
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
If you don't like it, don't play.

Seeing as this forum isn't spammed with similar complaints, I am assuming the vast majority isn't butthurt about joining a group for free stuff.

eyehate
07-02-2010, 08:49 PM
It should not lock your achievements eyehate.

The achievements in Steam are visible, but not in game. In game, the button is 'grayed' out and not clickable.

eyehate
07-02-2010, 08:51 PM
If you don't like it, don't play.

I have purchased this game at full price on both my PC and my iTouch.

I love the game.

Just don't like the fact that I have to sign up for something in order to get access to bonus levels and achievements.

Chronon
07-03-2010, 04:50 PM
They just want you to have a mention about the game second time after the purchase. If you don't like the game being mentioned on your friend's community home or don't like random groups just don't join or quit the group after completing those levels.

It's random and can be quite odd but in the end it's just a small mention for a game you care enough to try free additional content after the standard stuff. Shouldn't be that big of a deal really and definitely nothing to whine about, it's free after all.

eyehate
07-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Shouldn't be that big of a deal really and definitely nothing to whine about, it's free after all.

Hehe.

Yeah. It was just the principle. I have purchased the game twice - on two separate platforms.

I am just bummed that despite that, I have to join a mailing list of sorts to access content like achievements and bonus levels.

Enough of my whining, though.

Just trying to make a point is all.

TJF588
07-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Well, think of it as a different mean of "buying" DLC. Sort of like a barter: "I'll give you two chickens for bonus levels." "Make it a signup for our group and it's a deal!"

...I'd've taken the chickens, you fools.

Mr. X
10-31-2010, 10:25 AM
I can't join the group for the bonuslevels. :( It seems the group doesn't exist anymore for some reason.

Poodle
11-02-2010, 02:18 AM
I can't join the group for the bonuslevels. :( It seems the group doesn't exist anymore for some reason.
There have been some issues with Steam's servers recently which may have had something to do with with your problem. The Official Toki Tori group (http://steamcommunity.com/games/tokitori) does still exist.

Mr. X
11-02-2010, 04:33 AM
I managed to get it to work!

Thanks! :D