PDA

View Full Version : Tumbleweed City

FootplateManWSR
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM
It's gone awfully quiet in here. Is everyone holding their breath waiting for the impending update? :D

lonewolfdon
02-17-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm busy working on my route with scenarios that should be ready for beta-testing stage in near future :) Once its tested, I'll put it up for other RW users to enjoy.

PS: "Tumbleweed City" in your thread's title gives me new ideas for another possible route to work on. Heheh.

*Update: I just re-opened up my Steam client and seen RailWorks seemed to be downloading a sizable update.
Checking the Update News for Railworks via Steam client, I seen the following update info for Feb.17.2010. Looks good! :D Now time to test things out to see if everything seems to work okay (hopefully better)
------------------------------------------------------

New Powerful Scenario Editing View: Clearer layout, improved feedback and functionality

New Localisation Tools allowing customisable language editing

Increased performance on derailment

New On-Screen Icons to indicate Wheelslip and AWS warnings

Gears changing when driving Diesel Mechanical rail vehicles

Fix to crash when using TAB to pass signals

New functionality and improvements to prevent AI trains reversing in unusual circumstances

Mark locomotives as 'Dead/Broken'

Define axles as powered/unpowered

New waypoint instructions in Scenario Editor to aid pathing

Cycle through multiple passenger views

Fix to headlight issues when switching cabs

Fix to display of Scenario and Transfer Point markers

Offset Tool now allows creation of parallel track

Improvement to Gradient Editing over the placement of Decal assets

New functional 'Marshalling' instructions in Scenario Editor

Take screenshots using Ctrl+S

Many foliage overhang track fixes

SPRR and DRGW chaircars now have appropriate brakes and a fix to passengers alighting correctly

Repaired terrain around Gateshead where the track was floating

Updated night scenarios to make use of night time weather

Reviewed RailSimulatorUS asset list, removing some dummy objects and properly categorising others.

Fix to scenarios "Pea Souper", "Return Ticket", "Big Trouble in Tyne Yard", "Sleep Tight", "Short, Sharp, Shunt" & "Moving Boxes"

arizonachris
02-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Wow, quite the patch. I'll have to fire the game up (sorry, sim, not game, LOL) after work and see what is what. ;)

FootplateManWSR
02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Well... I, for one, was holding my breath.
It was worth the wait. There appears to be much more in this update than features in the published list.
Firstly, thanks to Steam for a seamless update. All I did was go and make dinner. When I got back, it was all done and dusted.
Secondly, many thanks to RSC for what appears to be some very hard work. Hey, Derek, I hope you took something nice to celebrate with into the bunker.
I've only had a quick go and I'm still getting stuck whistles but, as for all the in-game (ie not development) stuff, it looks really good.
C'mon, guys... how is multi-cpu not listed as a major update? I see that more than one cpu is working now on my Q6600. That's major in my book. Am I wrong?

Enough waffle.

FootplateManWSR
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Lonewolfdon,
Will I need a fob watch and a six gun for your upcoming Tumbleweed City route? How do you whistle spaghetti western in text? :D

Rail-fan
02-17-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm busy working on my route with scenarios that should be ready for beta-testing stage in near future :) Once its tested, I'll put it up for other RW users to enjoy.

PS: "Tumbleweed City" in your thread's title gives me new ideas for another possible route to work on. Heheh.

*Update: I just re-opened up my Steam client and seen RailWorks seemed to be downloading a sizable update.
Checking the Update News for Railworks via Steam client, I seen the following update info for Feb.17.2010. Looks good! :D Now time to test things out to see if everything seems to work okay (hopefully better)
------------------------------------------------------

New Powerful Scenario Editing View: Clearer layout, improved feedback and functionality

New Localisation Tools allowing customisable language editing

Increased performance on derailment

New On-Screen Icons to indicate Wheelslip and AWS warnings

Gears changing when driving Diesel Mechanical rail vehicles

Fix to crash when using TAB to pass signals

New functionality and improvements to prevent AI trains reversing in unusual circumstances

Mark locomotives as 'Dead/Broken'

Define axles as powered/unpowered

New waypoint instructions in Scenario Editor to aid pathing

Cycle through multiple passenger views

Fix to headlight issues when switching cabs

Fix to display of Scenario and Transfer Point markers

Offset Tool now allows creation of parallel track

Improvement to Gradient Editing over the placement of Decal assets

New functional 'Marshalling' instructions in Scenario Editor

Take screenshots using Ctrl+S

Many foliage overhang track fixes

SPRR and DRGW chaircars now have appropriate brakes and a fix to passengers alighting correctly

Repaired terrain around Gateshead where the track was floating

Updated night scenarios to make use of night time weather

Reviewed RailSimulatorUS asset list, removing some dummy objects and properly categorising others.

Fix to scenarios "Pea Souper", "Return Ticket", "Big Trouble in Tyne Yard", "Sleep Tight", "Short, Sharp, Shunt" & "Moving Boxes"

lonewolfdon, I am looking forward to your route release very much. Keep up the excellent work.

lonewolfdon
02-17-2010, 08:09 PM
FootPlateMan: Sure, it might come in handy to have a 6-shooter ready for my future "Tumbleweed City" route. Now we just need a train-robbery add-on in which you have to fend-off a bunch of masked horse-men trying to board your train. Heheh. I'm a fan of the old spaghetti-westerns myself, but I wouldn't know how to text-whistle the tune... (a-la The Good, The Bad and The Ugly) 8-o *Whooooo-eeee hoooo-eeee oooooh, wahhhh hoooo oooooo*

Regarding the new patch.. I had a couple of hiccups after the initial download, but after a verify and a restart, things are running smoothy now and RW seems to even be running better than before on my computer. Full steam ahead!

Rail-Fan: Thanks for the words of encouragement. Here's a thread with some info and earlier screen-shots of my "King's Arm Highyway" route if interested to see:
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=302&t=101267

I'm back to working hard on it in my spare-time and it's coming along nicely. I just need to stay focused on it for a bit more and try not to get too side-tracked again and hopefully it will be ready for beta-testing stage within a couple more weeks or so.

FootplateManWSR
02-18-2010, 01:51 AM
LoneWolfDon,

Let me know when "Tumbleweed City" is ready for beta test. I've shined my spurs, pulled my neckerchief up over my nose and I'm ready to dynamite the bridge!
There's a thread in here in favour of multi-player support. Right... who wants to be Sherriff?

Great whistling by the way.

Rail-fan
02-18-2010, 07:08 PM
FootPlateMan: Sure, it might come in handy to have a 6-shooter ready for my future "Tumbleweed City" route. Now we just need a train-robbery add-on in which you have to fend-off a bunch of masked horse-men trying to board your train. Heheh. I'm a fan of the old spaghetti-westerns myself, but I wouldn't know how to text-whistle the tune... (a-la The Good, The Bad and The Ugly) 8-o *Whooooo-eeee hoooo-eeee oooooh, wahhhh hoooo oooooo*

Regarding the new patch.. I had a couple of hiccups after the initial download, but after a verify and a restart, things are running smoothy now and RW seems to even be running better than before on my computer. Full steam ahead!

Rail-Fan: Thanks for the words of encouragement. Here's a thread with some info and earlier screen-shots of my "King's Arm Highyway" route if interested to see:
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=302&t=101267

I'm back to working hard on it in my spare-time and it's coming along nicely. I just need to stay focused on it for a bit more and try not to get too side-tracked again and hopefully it will be ready for beta-testing stage within a couple more weeks or so.

LoneWolfDon,

Thank you very much for the link. Screenshots look fantastic.:cool: Can't wait for the release.

arizonachris
02-19-2010, 02:15 AM
LoneWolfDon,

Let me know when "Tumbleweed City" is ready for beta test. I've shined my spurs, pulled my neckerchief up over my nose and I'm ready to dynamite the bridge!
There's a thread in here in favour of multi-player support. Right... who wants to be Sherriff?

Great whistling by the way.

"Rolling, rolling, rolling, keep them trains 'a rolling, Rawhide!"

(to paraphrase an old western tune) ;)

opameikle
04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
On doing a search for "waypoint instructions" I came across only this posting. I have looked in a lot of places including the manuals but found nothing. Since we now have the little flag to place in a scenario I am wondering exactly how one does that.

I would be very grateful for some help here.

matthewt1501
04-29-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm playing with my class 5, and eagerly awaiting the 9F!!!