PDA

View Full Version : The death of the AVP community

humberto
02-22-2010, 12:35 AM
I feel as though, with the crippled matching making system for the consoles, and the lie about dedicated servers so sega and rebellion could keep pre-order sales, the fact that they said they will NEVER release map making tooks, or MODs, instead make us pay for maps and skins, makes me think that the way sega and rebellion has damaged the once unified AVP community that created great MODS and MAPS for FREE. Now instead, people spend more time waiting for matches on crippled lobbies, and the wait time to restart the match gets people bored. Nobody is going to want to continue to play this game like they did the other classics, and with no mod making tools or map creating tools, is the AVP community headed for death? I do NOT have faith in Sega or Rebellion to deliver ANY kind of enhancements that I might enjoy, but I bet if you let someone mod it, the will make it a better game

where is the once great map making and mod making community of AVP? Are they stuck waiting for matches like me?

Dreadnaught396
02-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I think sega just needs to deal with the fact that they lost the console war for a reason. I always hated the genesis, it only had 1 good series, Streets of Rage. That is all.

koalah85
02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
I wish I could poop into a box and slap a $50 price tag on it.

humberto
02-22-2010, 12:42 AM
I think sega just needs to deal with the fact that they lost the console war for a reason. I always hated the genesis, it only had 1 good series, Streets of Rage. That is all.

but its NOT just sega fault, its also rebellions.

Graywind
02-22-2010, 12:49 AM

Is it? Sega is the company that tell rebellion when to have the product finnished by. They had to pay 20th century fox to be able to sell the game. Rebellion could have said it's not ready till they wheer blue in the face. If sega say, it's time to finnish. I'm not saying that Rebellion are also not to blame, but lets face it, it's sega's call if anything gets done to it, as they will be the ones paying Rebellion to fix there product.

And as for OP, could you plseas show me where Rebellion have said they will NEVER be doing an SDK. Last i read was, "we are considering it." What you have to remember is that, the game usues a new engion that Rebellion made. They may/maynot be happy to just let people pull it apart, also most game(not all) have to wait some time be for SDK's come out.

Seadogs
02-22-2010, 12:50 AM

It's the industry, welcome to the future.

AcucracK
02-22-2010, 12:50 AM
The old games never had a huge comunity and they survived just fine.

i can hope the QQ comunity moves on to another game to cry about myself.

lawsie69
02-22-2010, 12:51 AM
why are there always 'the death of XXX' for every new game released? get a grip!

Seadogs
02-22-2010, 12:52 AM

BUT they had the tools to mod with.

Not going to get that in the console cash cow day and age of DLC and P2P matchmaking.

koalah85
02-22-2010, 12:54 AM

I'd love to, as soon as I get my $50 back.

Dreadnaught396
02-22-2010, 12:59 AM
I blame most of this mess on consoles. Yeah thats right, its time to start pointing fingers at ♥♥♥♥ I don't like. If it weren't for that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ who originally decided "hey, I know, lets start making the same game but do it multiple times and for multiple platforms! Its not like it'd be difficult or screw things up, right?" ..♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. If I could go back in time thats who I'd kill. Him and AcucracK's mom.

humberto
02-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Is it? Sega is the company that tell rebellion when to have the product finnished by. They had to pay 20th century fox to be able to sell the game. Rebellion could have said it's not ready till they wheer blue in the face. If sega say, it's time to finnish. I'm not saying that Rebellion are also not to blame, but lets face it, it's sega's call if anything gets done to it, as they will be the ones paying Rebellion to fix there product.

And as for OP, could you plseas show me where Rebellion have said they will NEVER be doing an SDK. Last i read was, "we are considering it." What you have to remember is that, the game usues a new engion that Rebellion made. They may/maynot be happy to just let people pull it apart, also most game(not all) have to wait some time be for SDK's come out.

so who do we blame for crippled match making in multiplayer that is killing the community because people dont want to wait 5 hours for 1 match, and another 5 hours after that match is done to find another one

no joining a game in progress, nothing. For a 2010 multiplayer game, its not very good thing when trying to build a community when people cant even join a match because the match making system is crippled, and rebellion and sega are not fixing it

oh, and here is where they said no SDK

http://www.nextgen.at/index.php?a=show_site&id=82&page=3

Wird es dort einen Level-Editor geben?
Nein, wir haben es nicht geplant.

this means

Will there be a Level Editor ?
No, there are no plans for it

Wolfrip_Sixshot
02-22-2010, 01:11 AM
I feel as though, with the crippled matching making system for the consoles, and the lie about dedicated servers so sega and rebellion could keep pre-order sales, the fact that they said they will NEVER release map making tooks, or MODs, instead make us pay for maps and skins, makes me think that the way sega and rebellion has damaged the once unified AVP community that created great MODS and MAPS for FREE. Now instead, people spend more time waiting for matches on crippled lobbies, and the wait time to restart the match gets people bored. Nobody is going to want to continue to play this game like they did the other classics, and with no mod making tools or map creating tools, is the AVP community headed for death? I do NOT have faith in Sega or Rebellion to deliver ANY kind of enhancements that I might enjoy, but I bet if you let someone mod it, the will make it a better game

where is the once great map making and mod making community of AVP? Are they stuck waiting for matches like me?

humberto you don't even own the game or if you do you sure as hell like telling lies about it on other internet sites.

Your the same guy who defended Ben Reeves review on gameinformer while spreading lies and showing your complete lack of knowledge of the game. You also spammed the AVP.net forums with misinformation after playing the demo for 10 mins.

Your devoted to AVP2. Nothing less then a AVP2 clone with better graphics would do for you. That has been made clear in your posts on every other site where your names popped up. Hell you defend AVP2 so much you feel the need to tell lies and make up bs whenever you see fit. You even said the original AVP sucked.

Take your trolling some place else.

humberto
02-22-2010, 01:15 AM
humberto you don't even own the game or if you do you sure as hell like telling lies about it on other internet sites.

Your the same guy who defended Ben Reeves review on gameinformer while spreading lies and showing your complete lack of knowledge of the game. You also spammed the AVP.net forums with misinformation after playing the demo for 10 mins.

Take your trolling some place else.

what lies am I spreading? The link I posted about no SDK for AVP is a real one from an interview with Chris Kingsley from Rebellion.

the only misinformation is from sega and rebellion and how they LIED about dedicated servers. Now THATS misinformation....

someone was MISinformed that sega and rebellion were going to release an SDK, and I proved they will NOT. thats not misinformation, its fact

all these things are causing the death of the AVP community

AcucracK
02-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Please move on to the next game to cry about.

It hasn't even been a week, you guys gotta be getting tired.

humberto
02-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Please move on to the next game to cry about.

It hasn't even been a week, you guys gotta be getting tired.

No one is crying, there are many people in the AVP community that have waited a decade for another AVP game ,only for it to be released with a crippled multiplayer match making system that is killing the community.

I paid $50 to be sega and rebellions beta tester. People have waited 10 years, 10 YEARS for another AVP game, so people have a right to be upset

H E X E N
02-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Like I just said in another thread: The end credits are a perfect backdrop to the death of the AvP online community. A beautiful score.

That song is phenomenal, a great operatic solo piece.

Here's my point: By the time they have everything ironed out and ready to go, will people even care? The online community behind this game has already taken a tremendous blow. I can't find any player matches right now, none. I fear every day that passes without dedi support is another day the online community dwindles.

I really hope that's not the case.

Styreta
02-22-2010, 02:21 AM
Ive still yet to recieve my pre-ordered copy (wont be ordering there again...) but in retrospect im glad im missing this match making BS until the BETA dedicated server hits. Which hopefully will be in 10 minutes... or atleast soon >.>

Wolfrip_Sixshot
02-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Once dedicated servers are up everyone will be back. They will also be starting petitions for mod tools as if enough of the community asks for it the devs might take notice.

In the end we have to convince Sega to give us mod tools once the dedicated servers are up and running.

MGLK
02-22-2010, 02:28 AM
In the end we have to convince Sega to give us mod tools once the dedicated servers are up and running.

then i think we need to spam the devs with emails/phonecalls as opposed to the steam forums, theres a great many games that warranted sdk and never got it

nutcrackr
02-22-2010, 02:40 AM
I tried to browse for player hosted games. I didn't find any. This can't be right can it?

I tried to join some games. managed to get a 4 player mixed species and 3 player predator hunt (that was very fun). Is nobody playing this?

Damn I had better luck with bioshock 2 matchmaking malarky.

Wolfrip_Sixshot
02-22-2010, 02:43 AM
then i think we need to spam the devs with emails/phonecalls as opposed to the steam forums, theres a great many games that warranted sdk and never got it

The devs (Rebellion) can't create anything but patches unless Sega oks it. As far as i know publishers call the shots (Sega) If Sega thinks that funding the development of mod tools will make them enough money to warrant it they will do it.

Mod tools could increase AVP's sales over the next few months and also give current AVP gamers a reason to stick with Sega/Rebellion for expansions or sequals. It's a matter of convincing Sega that its worth doing.

The best bet is if we petition sega to make a AVP expansion with Mod tools, Classes and Alien Life cycle. Telling them we will pay if you give us a expansion loaded with them features might tip them into starting it as their next project.

Freyar
02-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Same complaints, different thread. Surprise, Surprise.

Hell0
02-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Once dedicated servers are up everyone will be back. They will also be starting petitions for mod tools as if enough of the community asks for it the devs might take notice.

No. They will be playing bc2.

Wolfrip_Sixshot
02-22-2010, 03:15 AM
No. They will be playing bc2.

Bad Company is a completely different game. It shares nothing with AVP other then a first person prespective and guns.

AVP is a Science Fiction Horror FPMS (First Person Melee Shooter) It's gameplay is based around that premise.

The only other recent title you could compare it too is Bioshock 2 and that game has its fair share of game breaking bugs and patches breaking muiltiplayer.

Chapa9dj
02-22-2010, 03:57 AM

Implying SEGA developed the game?
It was developed by Rebellion.
Also just FYI SEGA lost the so called ''console war'' because of piracy and the lack of support of many companies. Also the lack of DVD player.
Still, it was an epic console.

mltdwn
02-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Bad Company is a completely different game. It shares nothing with AVP other then a first person prespective and guns.

AVP is a Science Fiction Horror FPMS (First Person Melee Shooter) It's gameplay is based around that premise.

The only other recent title you could compare it too is Bioshock 2 and that game has its fair share of game breaking bugs and patches breaking muiltiplayer.

And for some reason you assume people only like one gametype? Yeah, sure, AVP is a SFHFPMS, whoopie, but I also like regular FPSes and team based FPSes as well, and guess what, the current crop out there run a heck of alot more smoothly and already have many things ironed out (such as BC2 which I played voraciously this weekend because it is such a well done experience). And guess what else, I am willing to bet a majority of AvP players also enjoy playing other FPS types as well (are you honestly saying for the past 10 years you have ONLY played AvP2 and not the numerous other FPSes that have come out).

Given a choice of spending my time jacking with AvP and waiting several minutes for matches, or playing something that I enjoy equally as much that actually has few problems (other than occasional random shutdowns every couple of hours) guess which one I am giong to go with? I'm sorry I actually do value what time I get to play computer and sitting at a screen for a large portion of that reading "Searching for games" is not how I like to spend it. At some point it actually becomes more trouble than it is worth to deal with the broken game, especially when, as said before, there are equally enjoyable games that run perfectly fine out in store, or coming out shortly.

Lollercake
02-22-2010, 08:10 AM

HORROR? HAHAHAHAHA, it's not horror at all, it's an action game, that's all it is. The very beginning of the marine campaign is horror esqué but the rest of it is just pure action. There is NOTHING scary about being chased by aliens who can't even outrun you, especially so when your character is very slow to begin with...

The other stuff I agree with you though. :P

Wolfrip_Sixshot
02-22-2010, 08:15 AM
And for some reason you assume people only like one gametype? Yeah, sure, AVP is a SFHFPMS, whoopie, but I also like regular FPSes and team based FPSes as well, and guess what, the current crop out there run a heck of alot more smoothly and already have many things ironed out (such as BC2 which I played voraciously this weekend because it is such a well done experience). And guess what else, I am willing to bet a majority of AvP players also enjoy playing other FPS types as well (are you honestly saying for the past 10 years you have ONLY played AvP2 and not the numerous other FPSes that have come out).

Given a choice of spending my time jacking with AvP and waiting several minutes for matches, or playing something that I enjoy equally as much that actually has few problems (other than occasional random shutdowns every couple of hours) guess which one I am giong to go with? I'm sorry I actually do value what time I get to play computer and sitting at a screen for a large portion of that reading "Searching for games" is not how I like to spend it. At some point it actually becomes more trouble than it is worth to deal with the broken game, especially when, as said before, there are equally enjoyable games that run perfectly fine out in store, or coming out shortly.

BC2 is still in beta release. Releasing it as a beta for pre-orders was a very good (although risky) idea. I have nothing against the game as my mates think i should get it. Well done on BC2 beta being free of game breaking bugs but lets see if its like that once all the people with different PC rigs buy it in their local shops.

My point is a lot of the complaints on the forum are about AVP's gameplay style. They hate the melee combat system, the differences between the species, the lack of crouch/sights, the lack of in game rewards ie care package. Do you get me?

If you want a typical FPS game then no AVP is not for you. There are already so many games like that out there. Do we really need one more? Bloody hell i guess going for a different style of FPS is a crime lol

Bioshock 2 like i said has been out longer and that is just as buggy as AVP yet people seem to think AVP = more bbuggy then other releases when thats pure bs to anyone who often buys games on release date in this day and age.

ilovedawkins
02-22-2010, 08:20 AM
there is no point talking about this until dedis are released, like myself many people are waiting to try out multiplayer on dedis before deciding whether or not to play this game regularly. Until then I am playing phoenix wright, i suggest you do the same, it is all kinds of awesome.

JojoTheSlayer
02-22-2010, 08:23 AM

I agree.
What they dont seem to understand is that loads of people that pre order and such have easy access to warez and could just download it if they wanted to for free.

♥♥♥♥ing them in the ♥♥♥, so to speak, isnt healthy for future sales of OTHER games. Sega with a decade of bad Sonic games, the subpar free Universe at war game and Avp in this case just shows there lack of quality assurance before enforcing a release.
The are indirectly killing there own sales, I think.

rabish12
02-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Gunstar Heroes, Comix Zone, Castlevania Bloodlines, Shinobi 3, Afterburner 2, all the Road Rashes, Contra: Hard Corps... I can keep going. Their games have nothing to do with the failure of their hardware, their terrible business decisions (like releasing two add-ons for a single console that are required for playing newer games, then killing that console immediately afterwards, then releasing early with the weakest and least capable console of a generation and expecting to take on the PS2) were what caused that.

so who do we blame for crippled match making in multiplayer that is killing the community because people dont want to wait 5 hours for 1 match, and another 5 hours after that match is done to find another one
Could be Sega, if the game was actually rushed by them (which is likely). The multiplayer's the component that seems to have taken the biggest hit from it.

this means

There's been several interviews since then (and not German interviews where the person's statements would have been translated to German for the interview and then translated back to English for us) where they've said they're considering it. Also one where they've said they wanted to but couldn't. Basically, there's been a lot of mixed statements on it. I still wouldn't expect one, but you're not pulling from the best source to prove that we won't get one.

DizoAZ
02-22-2010, 08:29 AM
I blame most of this mess on consoles. Yeah thats right, its time to start pointing fingers at ♥♥♥♥ I don't like. If it weren't for that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ who originally decided "hey, I know, lets start making the same game but do it multiple times and for multiple platforms! Its not like it'd be difficult or screw things up, right?" ..♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. If I could go back in time thats who I'd kill. Him and AcucracK's mom.

I agree 100%. I can't remember a time when ports from ps3/xbox to PC were so high. What ever happened to releasing games for PC's, exclusively? Doesn't happen because companies are all about maximizing profits at the EU's expense. Seems to me developers are getting lazy and design a game around a console because there's no variation in hardware specs. Then when they port it over to the PC, the game sucks. I own a PS3/Wii sold my 360, but I will always prefer a game on the PC first vs a console, especially FPS games. FPS's have no right being released on a console, who the hell plays a FPS with a gamepad?!?? Ridiculous.

BTW, I don't agree with the topic of this thread, just this members response.

8Kuula
02-22-2010, 08:48 AM

Key is advertising, to rise expections that poop in box is realy a diamond ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audakxABYUc - Rory Sutherland: Life lessons from an ad man.

Magicpotato
02-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I dont mind DLC and some mods on Steam get $$ i dont see why people hate DLC probly underage and dont have a credit card

tempDE0F
02-22-2010, 08:55 AM
That's why you read a ♥♥♥♥ing review before buying a ♥♥♥♥ing game. Christ, you'd think that there exists no means of learning about the game's shortcomings. I bought the game knowing well about the flaws of the game, yet I still found it worth buying-I have other games for multiplayer.

Joshua-EX
02-22-2010, 08:56 AM
the matching system is really sucks, what are those developers thinking? they hv no brains?

humberto
02-22-2010, 09:25 AM
this is my point, clans and fans are leaving AVP because it takes SO LONG to find a game.

forget about regular people, after dealing with sega and rebellions crippled multiplayer, many wont even come back

ZeroRawr
02-22-2010, 09:25 AM

no joining a game in progress, nothing. For a 2010 multiplayer game, its not very good thing when trying to build a community when people cant even join a match because the match making system is crippled, and rebellion and sega are not fixing it

this means

No plans means they haven't put much thought into it. There have been other interviews too where they state basically if the community asks for it enough then they will try to do the best they can to accommodate us. So SDK is NOT out of the question.

Ciaos
02-22-2010, 09:28 AM
On the contrary. Cheshire's XvY group is going on strong and we get decent games with sub 120 ping on most nights.

tigerija
02-22-2010, 09:28 AM
LoL guyz, stop whining, you bought the game ,deal with it. Next time dont buy something you dont like, or be smarter. lol...

ZeroRawr
02-22-2010, 09:30 AM
LoL guyz, stop whining, you bought the game ,deal with it. Next time dont buy something you dont like, or be smarter. lol...

Please do not come in here telling people to "STOP TEH QQ OLOL", it makes you look just as bad. Their arguments are just as valid as any other.

SoleControl
02-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm still confused as to the claims that it's "hard to find" matches.
Huh?

I find a game within 2 minutes of opening AVP from Steam. Most times, I'll be in a lobby with a friend and we both find a game within 60 seconds of searching.

Honestly, I've maybe had one time where I tried the "search" for a Ranked game and it took more than maybe 120 seconds to find.

Not to mention the fact that Dedicated Servers are around the corner.
Maybe I'm lucky? heh

Dreadnaught396
02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
I dont mind DLC and some mods on Steam get $$ i dont see why people hate DLC probly underage and dont have a credit card

Well if you're at the point of just throwing money away, you can kindly send it over to my paypal account, k? Btw, not sure if you're aware but you do have to pay off your credit card at some point, with you know, real money?

Ciaos
02-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Well if you're at the point of just throwing money away, you can kindly send it over to my paypal account, k? Btw, not sure if you're aware but you do have to pay off your credit card at some point, with you know, real money?

You do realize you get the DLC after you pay right? You're not throwing money away you get something in return.

mltdwn
02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
That's why you read a ♥♥♥♥ing review before buying a ♥♥♥♥ing game. Christ, you'd think that there exists no means of learning about the game's shortcomings. I bought the game knowing well about the flaws of the game, yet I still found it worth buying-I have other games for multiplayer.

Alot of us bought the game having played the Demo, enjoyed the demo, hated the matchmaking aspect, but were told "we will have dedicated servers" so we expected there to be dedicated servers at launch to support the game getting rid of our main gripe. Unfortunatly there has been no word but "soon".

H E X E N
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Edit, error

TonyTheTiger
02-22-2010, 11:28 AM
You do realize you get the DLC after you pay right? You're not throwing money away you get something in return.
Thats great your willing to pay for it but most pc users prefer free updated content.
And alot of this stuff should have come standard with avp. Its missing alot of stuff.

Razoride
02-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Alot of us bought the game having played the Demo, enjoyed the demo, hated the matchmaking aspect, but were told "we will have dedicated servers" so we expected there to be dedicated servers at launch to support the game getting rid of our main gripe. Unfortunatly there has been no word but "soon".

Truth. This needs to change (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UU9vWE7jvI). My computer can't take much more.:D

humberto
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Thats great your willing to pay for it but most pc users prefer free updated content.
And alot of this stuff should have come standard with avp. Its missing alot of stuff.

AVP users were use to community made maps, and dedicated stable servers. this kept the community active, and still does (AVP2 is still stable and playable)

how long do you see the "sega and rebellion AVP communtiy" lasting with crippled multiplayer match finding and no user made maps?

Hazz-JB
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
FPS's have no right being released on a console, who the hell plays a FPS with a gamepad?!?? Ridiculous.

I'm sick of seeing this. I was playing MW2 on 360 with 3 friends, in 4 WAY SPLITSCREEN and I could still precisely aim and shoot with a burst rifle in a split second. The quality of the aiming in that game was better than most on consoles, but it shows the potential is there.

I think alot of PC gamers just can't use a controller well or would never bother to learn, which is fine, it's your choice as a gamer. But you know what? I had more fun playing with crappy, quarter-screen splitscreen with an analogue stick in the same room as my actual friends, than playing fullscreen HD games at 1920x1080 maxed out online.

FPSs have every right to be on consoles, and consoles have every right to exist, they offer a type of social gaming that PCs can't compete with, it can't be denied.

LordShambler
02-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Halo has a lot to answer for.

humberto
02-22-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm sick of seeing this. I was playing MW2 on 360 with 3 friends, in 4 WAY SPLITSCREEN and I could still precisely aim and shoot with a burst rifle in a split second. The quality of the aiming in that game was better than most on consoles, but it shows the potential is there.

I think alot of PC gamers just can't use a controller well or would never bother to learn, which is fine, it's your choice as a gamer. But you know what? I had more fun playing with crappy, quarter-screen splitscreen with an analogue stick in the same room as my actual friends, than playing fullscreen HD games at 1920x1080 maxed out online.

FPSs have every right to be on consoles, and consoles have every right to exist, they offer a type of social gaming that PCs can't compete with, it can't be denied.

yes, they do have every right to be on consoles, but this is not about console vs pc, its about sega and rebellion not supporting the community one bit.

I am starting to think this game was JUST to get alot of pre-order sales, and not much time into the game itself.

humberto
02-23-2010, 10:45 PM
and its true, now the sequal for AVP is pre-ordered, on amazon.

looks like the fututre of AVP will for ever be in the hands of a company that continues to kill the AVP comunity.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-PS3/dp/B001ASYBMO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1266992816&sr=8-11

there you have it folks, they are already taking pre-orders for Aliens: Colonial Marines!!!!

even before the dedicated servers are up! It is the death of the AVP community!

Wolfrip_Sixshot
02-23-2010, 10:54 PM
and its true, now the sequal for AVP is pre-ordered, on amazon.

looks like the fututre of AVP will for ever be in the hands of a company that continues to kill the AVP comunity.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-PS3/dp/B001ASYBMO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1266992816&sr=8-11

there you have it folks, they are already taking pre-orders for Aliens: Colonial Marines!!!!

even before the dedicated servers are up! It is the death of the AVP community!

You just showed yourself to be completely clueless mate.

Aliens - Colonial Marines has been out to pre-order for months and is not a sequal to AVP. It's been in development for years and is not even being made by Rebellion.

It's pointless to even tell you to get your facts stright before posting as others have already told you that elsewhere.

Thats why i can't stand you humberto. You make yourself look bad in verious forums by posting misinformation and twisting it into a way for you to troll/whine on every site that is related to AVP 2010.

humberto
02-23-2010, 11:14 PM
You just showed yourself to be completely clueless mate.

Aliens - Colonial Marines has been out to pre-order for months and is not a sequal to AVP. It's been in development for years and is not even being made by Rebellion.

It's pointless to even tell you to get your facts stright before posting as others have already told you that elsewhere.

Thats why i can't stand you humberto. You make yourself look bad in verious forums by posting misinformation and twisting it into a way for you to troll/whine on every site that is related to AVP 2010.

its made by sega, the same company that has its name on this crap game AVP

it was sega who forced rebellion to release the game in its current crippled form

Clayman66
02-25-2010, 06:23 AM

Pretty sure a mod just trolled :S

TL;DR see bottom

Besides that, maybe we should just wait a little bit, see if the dedis appear alongside patches etc. Most console ports these days seem broken by the very thing theyre ported from as well as ridiculous publishers deadlines etc etc fking etc...Still, it was VERY clear from the demo that this is indeed a console port. I dont think you should expect anything except fail matchmaking in a console port, has nobody seen the paid for embarrassment many of our friends call xbox live?

I think perhaps some of you had too high expectations; if it had been a PC exclusive (like the first two, coveted in my collection) it would have likely been a very different game, but by the very nature of console ports it was never going to live up to the first two.

Still, its not that bad overall, the MP is still fun even if the way its done is BS. Yeah, not as fun as it could be, but hey the demo gave that one away big style. The SP seems cool to me though, if dead easy on anything except the harder settings.

At least theres a chance the game could get a little better though!

So if (and when for some folks) we cry over a failed game, perhaps it would be wiser to wait a little longer than a few weeks? Have the patience the publisher didnt!

Tl;DR...Its not so bad, but you should have seen most of the flaws coming since they a trend among ports nowadays. Plus you're shooting your load too fast, go see a doctor or something.

draconisnox
02-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Old games were also fun and modable, as well as around 30$

ice_breaker
02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I will use my destroyer image once again. This is for the complainers:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3941/predatordontcareaboutch.png

humberto
02-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Pretty sure a mod just trolled :S

TL;DR see bottom

Besides that, maybe we should just wait a little bit, see if the dedis appear alongside patches etc. Most console ports these days seem broken by the very thing theyre ported from as well as ridiculous publishers deadlines etc etc fking etc...Still, it was VERY clear from the demo that this is indeed a console port. I dont think you should expect anything except fail matchmaking in a console port, has nobody seen the paid for embarrassment many of our friends call xbox live?

I think perhaps some of you had too high expectations; if it had been a PC exclusive (like the first two, coveted in my collection) it would have likely been a very different game, but by the very nature of console ports it was never going to live up to the first two.

Still, its not that bad overall, the MP is still fun even if the way its done is BS. Yeah, not as fun as it could be, but hey the demo gave that one away big style. The SP seems cool to me though, if dead easy on anything except the harder settings.

At least theres a chance the game could get a little better though!

So if (and when for some folks) we cry over a failed game, perhaps it would be wiser to wait a little longer than a few weeks? Have the patience the publisher didnt!

Tl;DR...Its not so bad, but you should have seen most of the flaws coming since they a trend among ports nowadays. Plus you're shooting your load too fast, go see a doctor or something.

not many people can "wait a little bit", fans of the AVP franchise will wait, but this game is losing appeal to MANY gamers due to the fact the online community is not very active.

on all forums you see people mad at sega and rebellion for ripping them off.

the longer we wait, the more people who bought the game go return it, buy another game, move on, there are less and less people to play.

and so far, its only been tiny bug fixes and no game enhancements.

you dont see unity on the avp forums, just people angry, and other people calling the people who are angry trolls. this is what the AVP community has turned into. A sad, sad state.

and if you say something about the game that needs to be fixed, people will call you a troll .... these people are not trolls, people would rather be playing the game online only the cant, so they come here to find answers only to be bashed by other memebers in the AVP community

riku45
02-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Sega is just the PUBLISHER. Not their fault really.

Graywind
02-26-2010, 03:39 AM
I love this game I really do, but there are just so meny things wrong with the Multi player, and they are not big things eather. being able to use what skin you like is a good start. How meny people here really want to use the ♥♥♥♥ match making that ranked matches use just to get the skin you like? I sure as hell don't I was chuffed when I found out about the glich so I could play sp and unlock the skins I liked. Now with this "true" xp reset I'll nolonger beable to use the skins I like. seeing as the leader boards use True xp and not the make believe XP that you get from sp, I do not see what the problem is with letting people keep the rank/skins they have unlocked. The "reset" will force people who want to use the skins they like to play the Ranked matches and frustrait them even more with the ♥♥♥♥ system that the game has. I played a domination game through the ranked system, and guess what. the marines didnt stand a chance. They where out numbered 3-1. and for all my kills all I got was a ♥♥♥♥ 12 XP. Ranked matches also encorage "E" spaming as somepeole call it, becouse you get more XP.

If yopu are going to force the comunity to split in two. At least make it not so much a chore to get XP. have it so it's 10 XP for taking part. 10 XP per kill. that way when you play your heart out and only get 22 XP becouse your playing marine and you can't "E" spam. sort all of the above out, and if the community wants to be devided, then you can have the "hard core" look how big my e-pen is play Ranked matches. And let the rest of us who just want to play for fun, do just that.

NickIsCool91
02-26-2010, 04:23 AM

and i'd prefer to eat a huge juicy steak every night, but thats not gonna happen either

just because valve and other company's do it a certain way, doesn't mean all other company's will

don't ♥♥♥♥♥ cause every company doesn't hand out a bunch of free content, maybe because they have to PAY THE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT!!!

grrr

Kurakkon
02-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Like I just said in another thread: The end credits are a perfect backdrop to the death of the AvP online community. A beautiful score.

That song is phenomenal, a great operatic solo piece.

Here's my point: By the time they have everything ironed out and ready to go, will people even care? The online community behind this game has already taken a tremendous blow. I can't find any player matches right now, none. I fear every day that passes without dedi support is another day the online community dwindles.

I really hope that's not the case.

You've hit the nail square on the head, sadly.

JauntyQ
02-26-2010, 08:12 AM
I feel its a combination of laziness and lack of resources that have put holes in the game - holes which would be filled very well by an enthusiastic modder, not another load of half-baked DLC

humberto
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Sega is just the PUBLISHER. Not their fault really.

oh, no, its not. They just hired a company that hasnt made a good game in a decade to destroy the franchise...

its not there fault, but they do have the sequel for this game secure, and if they showed us they dont care now, they never will.

how do people feel about sega and rebellion having their hands on the next 2 AVP gaming titles after this flopp?

that the future of AVO gaming on ANY platform now.... sega and rebellions money making scheme , releasing half made games, making a profit, and securing future AVP titles because their scam works...

on the internet, no one can hear you scream in frustration as a classic franchise dies a slow death...

Mulky
02-26-2010, 12:51 PM

You can, you just won't get many buyers.

humberto
02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
You can, you just won't get many buyers.

well if you lie that it had dedicated servers, have sega put out some nice shinny commercials out, you would get some buyers, and even secure enough for a part 2...

sad, but this is just what the did

Reamor
02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
well if you lie that it had dedicated servers, have sega put out some nice shinny commercials out, you would get some buyers, and even secure enough for a part 2...

sad, but this is just what the did

ummmm....... They didn't lie about anything they said b4 the game was released that the dedicated servers would be beta when the game came out.... If u don't believe me do a search in this forum and the official 1 I personally can't be stuffed looking it up....

townparkradio
02-26-2010, 08:59 PM
oh, no, its not. They just hired a company that hasnt made a good game in a decade to destroy the franchise...

Rogue Trooper was excellent.

Flesh420
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I think that they really need to do something about this match making BS. Last weekend it was not hard finding people to play but as the week goes on it seems like I keep playing with the same people, and there is fewer people by the day. Making it hard and frustrating to find a game. We should just be able to get on pick a game and play, not sit there and wait 3 minutes just to find enough people for a decent game. Even waiting for the dedis wouldnt be that bad, it just takes so long to find a decent game and it gets very boring. I usually quit after 3 matches because I get so bored. It should be quick and simple. I think all the waiting will drive people away.

H E X E N
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I think that they really need to do something about this match making BS. Last weekend it was not hard finding people to play but as the week goes on it seems like I keep playing with the same people, and there is fewer people by the day. Making it hard and frustrating to find a game. We should just be able to get on pick a game and play, not sit there and wait 3 minutes just to find enough people for a decent game. Even waiting for the dedis wouldnt be that bad, it just takes so long to find a decent game and it gets very boring. I usually quit after 3 matches because I get so bored. It should be quick and simple. I think all the waiting will drive people away.

It already has. The community might see an increase in activity when the dedicated servers come out, if they come out. But this games online appeal right now is equivalent to taking a dump and reading a magazine.

Something?
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Don't forget sonic man, I spent hours on my sega genesis playing that classic. Man I was so good I got golden sonic, he had super long super sayian looking hair. It was awesome.

icman2000
02-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Rogue Trooper was excellent.

Rogue Warrior was better.

humberto
02-26-2010, 10:44 PM

not much of a community when your playing with the same people all the time.

you have to think, at least the last AVP2 game had servers PAID for by the company that made the game, and they ran for years....

sega and rebellion have left it up to us to find games, and the game you connect to might be on someones 56 modem

TheFirstSin
02-26-2010, 10:45 PM

quote for the win? i think so ;)

humberto
03-04-2010, 09:23 PM
It already has. The community might see an increase in activity when the dedicated servers come out, if they come out. But this games online appeal right now is equivalent to taking a dump and reading a magazine.

the dedicated servers have been released and are NOT true dedicated servers... one can NOT pay a company that runs servers for example, and install AVP...

so the dedicated server is not really real. And everyone lags because people are using commerical internet connections....

the community is dying, its not appealing to any modders because they are not releasing SDK, and not appealing to serious gamers because of the lag problems and no true dedicated server support.

flockofseagls
03-04-2010, 09:34 PM
the dedicated servers have been released and are NOT true dedicated servers... one can NOT pay a company that runs servers for example, and install AVP...

so the dedicated server is not really real. And everyone lags because people are using commerical internet connections....

the community is dying, its not appealing to any modders because they are not releasing SDK, and not appealing to serious gamers because of the lag problems and no true dedicated server support.

You're right, they're not real dedicated servers because they are in beta testing. Only players with a real copy of the game can create servers so players can test them. When they become finalized THEN servers can sell/rent servers that players can pay for.

This is all because the servers are still in beta testing, doesn't make sense for a company to sell a beta server..

The community is not dying, I'm a serious gamer and this game appeals to me, and the lag really has no effect on me, and oh for the third time servers are still in beta testing.

humberto
03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
You're right, they're not real dedicated servers because they are in beta testing. Only players with a real copy of the game can create servers so players can test them. When they become finalized THEN servers can sell/rent servers that players can pay for.

This is all because the servers are still in beta testing, doesn't make sense for a company to sell a beta server..

The community is not dying, I'm a serious gamer and this game appeals to me, and the lag really has no effect on me, and oh for the third time servers are still in beta testing.

yes the dedicated servers are in beta testing, but I and everyone who bought the game paid over $50 TO BECOME the beta testers...

this is not the way a game is suppose to get released. This is a simple concept mastered in MANY online games.

its plain to see their goal was just to secure enough pre-orders and thats that, they cant even get a dedicated server correct.

Epic Vs Failure
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
yes the dedicated servers are in beta testing, but I and everyone who bought the game paid over $50 TO BECOME the beta testers...

this is not the way a game is suppose to get released. This is a simple concept mastered in MANY online games.

its plain to see their goal was just to secure enough pre-orders and thats that, they cant even get a dedicated server correct.

Even though AVP sold many pre-orders, only 30,000 people bought the xbox360 version, the PS3 is not even on there.... so the PS3 communites is smaller and so is the PC community. So some communities will die a slower death then the others

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6504

Pos Name Console Weeks Change Total
1 Mass Effect 2 X360 2 65,108 317,181
2 God of War III PS3 N/A 12,566 311,285
3 MAG: Massive Action Game PS3 2 8,315 219,781
4 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3 7 4,779 193,886
5 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 X360 7 8,265 127,150
6 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction X360 6 7,900 109,226
7 BioShock 2 X360 4 12,431 107,897
8 Dante's Inferno PS3 4 9,496 103,774
9 Final Fantasy XIII PS3 8 12,065 89,851
10 Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver Version DS 9 6,680 73,612
11 Dante's Inferno X360 4 5,908 51,596
12 BioShock 2 PS3 4 4,632 44,418
13 Gran Turismo 5 PS3 N/A 3,695 43,984
14 Final Fantasy XIII X360 8 5,277 43,702
15 Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii N/A 2,186 36,062
16 Heavy Rain PS3 6 5,598 35,533
17 Alpha Protocol X360 N/A 658 35,354
18 Aliens vs. Predator X360 5 5,577 30,231
19 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes Wii N/A 2,814 29,326
20 White Knight Chronicles: International Edition PS3 3 3,014 27,030
21 Lost Planet 2 X360 N/A 1,073 24,273
22 Halo: Reach X360 N/A 2,060 21,118
23 Alpha Protocol PS3 N/A 335 20,623
24 Red Dead Redemption X360 15 1,760 19,779
25 Aliens vs. Predator PS3 5 3,226 18,850
26 SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 PSP 5 1,967 18,017
27 ModNation Racers PS3 N/A 1,813 17,471
28 Red Dead Redemption PS3 15 1,124 16,604
29 Lunar: Silver Star Harmony PSP 3 2,537 15,336
30 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories PSP 1 992 14,627

xenoss
03-08-2010, 09:54 PM
The DLC just killed the PC community. Not sure about PS3's, since consolers are used to paying for stuff.

Starfire13
03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
The DLC just killed the PC community. Not sure about PS3's, since consolers are used to paying for stuff.

Rebellion releasing paid DLC now is like McCain choosing Palin for VP.. They shot themselves in the foot. With a shotgun. And both barrels.

Epic Vs Failure
03-08-2010, 11:09 PM

what other PC games, which are bug infested and have problems like AVP charge for maps?

Epic Vs Failure
03-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Rebellion releasing paid DLC now is like McCain choosing Palin for VP.. They shot themselves in the foot. With a shotgun. And both barrels.

its sad, R.U.S.E a game thats in beta as more people on then AVP!!!

Current Players Peak Today Game

3,487 3,487 R.U.S.E. Beta
2,309 2,660 Aliens vs Predator

humberto
04-01-2010, 10:34 PM

has anymore DLC been released? Its horrible that even when buying the DLC, you will never know what percentage of AVP users have these maps... that right there is causing the death of this one great community

Blue Collarhero
04-02-2010, 08:31 AM

Agreed this game is a goddam sham towards the avp commmunity. There was always promise of a avp3 and that kept the community strong. With this pile of ♥♥♥♥ it is no more. You can shove your DLC price sega!

AcidGlow
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
at least the last AVP2 game had servers PAID for by the company that made the game, and they ran for years....

No dude. Monolith (Developer) and Sierra/Vu Games/Vivendi games (publisher) NEVER had Dedicated servers that they paid for. All the D servers that were in avp2 were always paid for by the fans for their clans or for their own group of friends. That's why just about every server name was labelled with either the owners name or the clan tags or their advertised website.

=HCFS=Discoman
01-07-2011, 08:49 PM
what lies am I spreading? The link I posted about no SDK for AVP is a real one from an interview with Chris Kingsley from Rebellion.

the only misinformation is from sega and rebellion and how they LIED about dedicated servers. Now THATS misinformation....

someone was MISinformed that sega and rebellion were going to release an SDK, and I proved they will NOT. thats not misinformation, its fact

all these things are causing the death of the AVP community

I dunno, I'm just sticking with AvP2. multiplayer no longer works, and my comp recently wiped the drive, so the multiplayer CD code will no longer work, but when it did, there wasn't the lag, wasn't the wait, there wasn't the problems that AvP2010 has.
sure, the new one has made some good improvements. But some should have stayed. and people are STILL making mods for AvP2.
you would think that the producers would want to release mod tools, seeing as a good modding community making great mods means more people buy the game for the mods.
sure, HL2 is fun, but all the mods for it? I won't live long enough to play all the good ones.
modders help sell more games.

and before anyone accuses me, I did not get a chance to play the demo, but I loved AvP2 enough that I preordered AvP2010. Ah well, lessons learned.

pixels
01-07-2011, 11:08 PM
your cd code will always work, you cannot delete your steam profile and your code is linked to that.

Aph3x-SkorpioN
01-08-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm pretty sure he's talking about his AvP2 Cd key there, which has nothing to do with Steam.

Ben Reeves
01-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I dunno, I'm just sticking with AvP2. multiplayer no longer works, and my comp recently wiped the drive, so the multiplayer CD code will no longer work, but when it did, there wasn't the lag, wasn't the wait, there wasn't the problems that AvP2010 has.
sure, the new one has made some good improvements. But some should have stayed. and people are STILL making mods for AvP2.
you would think that the producers would want to release mod tools, seeing as a good modding community making great mods means more people buy the game for the mods.
sure, HL2 is fun, but all the mods for it? I won't live long enough to play all the good ones.
modders help sell more games.

and before anyone accuses me, I did not get a chance to play the demo, but I loved AvP2 enough that I preordered AvP2010. Ah well, lessons learned.

If you need a CD key for AVP2 let me know... AVp2 does not need a CD key for other then installing the game. It does not check the seria servers since they were shut down, one cd key will work for all

=HCFS=Discoman
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
If you need a CD key for AVP2 let me know... AVp2 does not need a CD key for other then installing the game. It does not check the seria servers since they were shut down, one cd key will work for all

last I was on the game before it worked, multiplayer was still up, with about a dozen half full servers-all with people, not bots.
sadly, not the game just goes 'cannot connect to server for verification, multiplayer online will not be enabled'
LAN still works, singleplayer still works, but internet multilayer doesn't.